RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 04:15:18 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 19 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 841026 times)
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #885 on: June 09, 2008, 03:29:24 PM »

The person who sold me my car called me today because he hadn't heard from me since I left. I told him about the blown head gasket. He said he can come down here to fix it for me. That's 85 miles one-way just so he can keep me happy. Cheesy He has machining tools at work so he can recondition one of his spare cylinder heads and bring it down with him.

He told me he's not the sort of person to sell a duff car and run, so he's making an effort to sort it out.

The rest of the problems with it are fairly minor but having the head skimmed again would cost a few hundred pounds if he wasn't offering to do it himself.

There are very few people left in this world that are truely that kind. You are so lucky to have bought from a caring seller. Props to you and him.

Tell me about your variants...
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #886 on: June 09, 2008, 03:54:21 PM »

Today was my first day back at working for the County Engineer, we did 5 tons of blacktop in the morning and 5 in the afternoon. Which in itself is pretty bad, but add in 90+ heat just makes it miserable. Although when you're standing behind a truck that's 150 degrees all day, the 90 seems a little more bearable when you're done.

Funk_Buddy
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #887 on: June 09, 2008, 04:40:49 PM »

After a long weekend of flooding fun I survived unscathed.  The neighbors caddy corner and behind me did not fare so well.  The water line was six feet high on there property.  My home rests on a hill a half an acre away from them.  I sat in my yard and watched the water creep up the bottom half of my property.  Saturday was all about flooding. Sunday I framed up my new addition to the property a 24x30 garage.  I felt bad mowing my yard on sunday and doing yard work while my neighbors where trying to salvage what they could.  I asked if there was anything I could do but they didn't want help.

I've been following the flooding rather closely. It's been pretty brutal.

I'm lucky none of us are close enough to the river to get any flooding. Worse thing is a little water in the basement for me. I can't imagine what it's like to have the water be six feet deep in your house.

Slowly building an ammo fort.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #888 on: June 09, 2008, 05:30:14 PM »

After a long weekend of flooding fun I survived unscathed.  The neighbors caddy corner and behind me did not fare so well.  The water line was six feet high on there property.  My home rests on a hill a half an acre away from them.  I sat in my yard and watched the water creep up the bottom half of my property.  Saturday was all about flooding. Sunday I framed up my new addition to the property a 24x30 garage.  I felt bad mowing my yard on sunday and doing yard work while my neighbors where trying to salvage what they could.  I asked if there was anything I could do but they didn't want help.

I've been following the flooding rather closely. It's been pretty brutal.

I'm lucky none of us are close enough to the river to get any flooding. Worse thing is a little water in the basement for me. I can't imagine what it's like to have the water be six feet deep in your house.

wet

When shall his new form be revealed?
ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« Reply #889 on: June 09, 2008, 05:45:07 PM »

today was the last day of school.  every year, 8th graders have a big shaving cream fight down by the swimming hole.  When I was in 8th grade, I thought it was cool, but now its lamer than shit, especially because my lawn always gets full of shaving cream.  so this year, me and my friends sat out side and shot the lil fuckers with a paint ball gun. Smiley
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #890 on: June 09, 2008, 06:29:41 PM »

The geography of your town astounds me.

You make it seem the swimmin' hole, your school, and your lawn, are all adjacent to one another.

When shall his new form be revealed?
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #891 on: June 09, 2008, 06:45:09 PM »

I got my tattoo design finalized and I'm going on Wednesday to price it/schedule a session.

ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« Reply #892 on: June 09, 2008, 07:28:05 PM »

The geography of your town astounds me.

You make it seem the swimmin' hole, your school, and your lawn, are all adjacent to one another.

the school is about 5 blocks away from my school, my house is like 2 blocks away from the swimming hole.  and its not my school its the douche-bag school
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #893 on: June 09, 2008, 07:31:24 PM »

Swimming Hole makes it sound as though you live in the deep south.

Hello World.
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #894 on: June 09, 2008, 08:11:06 PM »

Swimming Hole makes it sound as though you live in the deep south.

O'course he does, y'all!! laugh

Tell me about your variants...
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #895 on: June 09, 2008, 08:28:54 PM »

Except Minnesota is definitely not in the deep south.

Hello World.
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #896 on: June 09, 2008, 09:10:12 PM »

So I finally got my computer back on track tonight. I had to wipe it AGAIN this morning and start from scratch.

Now, on to homework. I didn't have any of my school work backed up (I know, I'm a moron), so I have to go back and take notes on 11 chapters in my book. It was supposed to be due on Wednesday, but I think I can work out a couple day extension due to my complications.
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #897 on: June 09, 2008, 09:17:35 PM »

I got my tattoo design finalized and I'm going on Wednesday to price it/schedule a session.

what are you gonna get?

TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #898 on: June 10, 2008, 01:01:38 AM »

Ugh, RR is screwed up right now. Every webpage is slooooooooooowww.

Hello World.
Funk_Buddy
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #899 on: June 10, 2008, 08:30:40 AM »

Ugh, RR is screwed up right now. Every webpage is slooooooooooowww.

RR = Reading Rainbow Huh

Man, I feel sorry for those poor people in Wisconsin with their houses breaking in half and floating down river!

Slowly building an ammo fort.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length