RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2024, 04:15:52 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 818297 times)
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #870 on: June 07, 2008, 02:15:21 PM »

My lovely new car is absolutely fucked. It got twenty miles away from the seller's house then the head gasket went. The road side repair man said the engine was plumbed in all wrong. So he plumbed it properly and got it to idle nicely then did a test in the radiator water which showed the head gasket had blown. He ended up towing it home but he can only go at 50mph while towing so I came home with mum in the other car. He hasn't arrived yet.

Pissed off is an understatement.
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #871 on: June 07, 2008, 02:38:09 PM »

My lovely new car is absolutely fucked. It got twenty miles away from the seller's house then the head gasket went. The road side repair man said the engine was plumbed in all wrong. So he plumbed it properly and got it to idle nicely then did a test in the radiator water which showed the head gasket had blown. He ended up towing it home but he can only go at 50mph while towing so I came home with mum in the other car. He hasn't arrived yet.

Pissed off is an understatement.
Damn, that sucks, I hope everything works out for you.
Blown head gaskets suck, the Chevy Cavalier I used to have, blew at least 2 head gaskets. One of the the most miserable things in an engine to replace.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #872 on: June 07, 2008, 03:18:40 PM »

The AA man arrived a short while ago. The good news is I've cleared exactly the right amount of space in the garage to fit a Mini in.

The bad news is the car. He decided to give it a quick going over because one of their services is to check cars before people buy them. I didn't bother with that because it's something like £120, which on a £450 car makes it a lot more expensive. Of course, now that I didn't go with that it's going to cost a load more. I bought it as a project car but it's barely worth scrap after his quick inspection.

The seller said the headgasket had gone before and was replaced along with a reconditioned head. That should have set alarm bells off but for some stupid reason I didn't check under the oil cap for mayo.

I'm angry with myself for buying a lemon, which I was certain I would end up doing, and also at the seller for selling it to me.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #873 on: June 08, 2008, 01:35:20 AM »

Shoot him.

Oh wait, England...

Shake your fist at him.

When shall his new form be revealed?
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #874 on: June 08, 2008, 04:22:24 AM »

Shoot him.

Oh wait, England...

Shake your fist at him.

That's just not British. I'll have a moan about it but no more. Roll Eyes Shaking a fist is too much effort.
Seamar
RFG Football Ass Kicker
Jaguar CD
United States
Awards: General Ass Kicker

Stats
« Reply #875 on: June 08, 2008, 09:05:02 AM »

I'm three years old today!! On this site at least......
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #876 on: June 08, 2008, 11:35:41 PM »

My hard drive fizzled out on me over the weekend. I had my music and PSP files backed up (luckily.. that's about 220 GB of files...), but I lost all my school work and all my photos, not to mention years of tweaked preferences and complete personalization of Firefox. I'm probably most upset about that. I had been working with the same profile for about 5 years now. It was perfect.

*sigh*

I also got into a huge fight with my ex, which led to a huge fight with my best friend Laura, which almost led to me ruining the wedding of Laura's younger brother. One of the things I'll pass on to everyone who's younger and will listen: never drink with an ex that you have unresolved issues with. It NEVER ends well.

Oh, and my cooking partner from my Friday and Saturday class is missing. For real. Fucked up. Just disappeared off the face of the earth. I hope that he's okay...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 11:37:40 PM by Bad Enough Dude » Logged

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #877 on: June 09, 2008, 12:01:41 AM »

Well, if he is from Central Indiana / Illinois / Iowa / Missouri, there is a chance he is dealing with massive flooding.

Hello World.
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #878 on: June 09, 2008, 12:08:27 AM »

He's the the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. We have no flooding here.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #879 on: June 09, 2008, 02:55:17 AM »

THE ALEINS GOT HEEM

When shall his new form be revealed?
Funk_Buddy
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #880 on: June 09, 2008, 09:07:41 AM »

Ahhh... survied running our business for the month my folks were out of the country and turned another year older too! Now if I could just take a real vacation I'd be set

Slowly building an ammo fort.
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #881 on: June 09, 2008, 11:15:15 AM »

After a long weekend of flooding fun I survived unscathed.  The neighbors caddy corner and behind me did not fare so well.  The water line was six feet high on there property.  My home rests on a hill a half an acre away from them.  I sat in my yard and watched the water creep up the bottom half of my property.  Saturday was all about flooding. Sunday I framed up my new addition to the property a 24x30 garage.  I felt bad mowing my yard on sunday and doing yard work while my neighbors where trying to salvage what they could.  I asked if there was anything I could do but they didn't want help.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 02:48:51 PM by Ghost Soldier » Logged

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #882 on: June 09, 2008, 02:36:02 PM »

The person who sold me my car called me today because he hadn't heard from me since I left. I told him about the blown head gasket. He said he can come down here to fix it for me. That's 85 miles one-way just so he can keep me happy. Cheesy He has machining tools at work so he can recondition one of his spare cylinder heads and bring it down with him.

He told me he's not the sort of person to sell a duff car and run, so he's making an effort to sort it out.

The rest of the problems with it are fairly minor but having the head skimmed again would cost a few hundred pounds if he wasn't offering to do it himself.
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #883 on: June 09, 2008, 02:49:30 PM »

Glad to hear, James

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #884 on: June 09, 2008, 03:03:57 PM »

After a long weekend of flooding fun I survived unscathed.  The neighbors caddy corner and behind me did not fare so well.  The water line was six feet high on there property.  My home rests on a hill a half an acre away from them.  I sat in my yard and watched the water creep up the bottom half of my property.  Saturday was all about flooding. Sunday I framed up my new addition to the property a 24x30 garage.  I felt bad mowing my yard on sunday and doing yard work while my neighbors where trying to salvage what they could.  I asked if there was anything I could do but they didn't want help.

I've been following the flooding rather closely. It's been pretty brutal.

Hello World.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length