RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2024, 02:24:19 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 818266 times)
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #840 on: June 02, 2008, 01:41:43 PM »

That's ridiculous, I hate this country.

When shall his new form be revealed?
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #841 on: June 02, 2008, 02:02:48 PM »

It's not ridiculous at all, actually. Studies show that people who get better grades in school are at a lower risk of accidents than people who may get poor grades. It's the same reason that an 18 year old male pays more for insurance than an 18 year old woman.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #842 on: June 02, 2008, 04:11:46 PM »

Oh yes, let's just generalize everything because some sociologists did a study. Those studies are ALWAYS bullshit, biased and situational. They could have done said study at an inner city school where bad grades can be equated to a student's crack intake, at the very least things that will not be affecting students in other situations.

Studies should not make policies, performance should. Not academic performance, mind you, but actual performance on the road. Everyone should start with the same insurance costs, and their driving performance from there on out should judge the lowering and raising of rates. I'm sure it's all a scheme to make more money anyhow, so whatever.

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #843 on: June 02, 2008, 05:20:44 PM »

I have to agree with Leon on this one. It's all a scheme to make more money. Sounds like the gas prices!! Tongue

Tell me about your variants...
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #844 on: June 02, 2008, 05:41:28 PM »

Oh yes, let's just generalize everything because some sociologists did a study. Those studies are ALWAYS bullshit, biased and situational. They could have done said study at an inner city school where bad grades can be equated to a student's crack intake, at the very least things that will not be affecting students in other situations.

Studies should not make policies, performance should. Not academic performance, mind you, but actual performance on the road. Everyone should start with the same insurance costs, and their driving performance from there on out should judge the lowering and raising of rates. I'm sure it's all a scheme to make more money anyhow, so whatever.

Studies are not ALWAYS bullshit. That itself is a generalization, which is exactly what you are complaining about.

I agree that performance should be the standard by which insurance premiums are assessed, and some companies do offer rebates for drivers who maintain an accident free history. That doesn't mean it's stupid to offer a rebate for good grades. If they can prove that those drivers are at a lower risk for accident, they absolutely should pay less.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #845 on: June 02, 2008, 06:26:13 PM »

i wonder what i did to get negative karma.

Running out of games to buy.
ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« Reply #846 on: June 02, 2008, 06:45:36 PM »

My brothers hamster, meatloaf, escaped.  This was sometime between saturday night and sunday morning.  So we've been looking all over for him, and earlier I noticed that the top of the vent near his cage had been taken off.  It's vacuumed regularly, because alot of dust collects inside, maybe its an inside job.  I'll probably never know.

How do I know that he was in there? Theres turds I can see.  Well, meatloaf is walking around somewhere in the vent system of the feich residence right now.  I put a small dish of food and water and some bedding where he fell down in case he comes back...which I highly doubt.  If he does, and makes his home base there, I'll recapture him. 

BTW, my teacher, mr. lambrecht, is on the mole.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 09:54:48 PM by ganonbanned » Logged
Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States
Awards: Tournament Winner

Stats
« Reply #847 on: June 02, 2008, 09:20:32 PM »

i wonder what i did to get negative karma.

Because you touch yourself at night....HA!

Sorry...couldn't resist.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #848 on: June 03, 2008, 01:15:12 AM »

My brothers hamster, meatloaf, escaped.  This was sometime between saturday night and sunday morning.  So we've been looking all over for him, and earlier I noticed that the top of the vent near his cage had been taken off.  It's vacuumed regularly, because alot of dust collects inside, maybe its an inside job.  I'll probably never know.

How do I know that he was in there? Theres turds I can see.  Well, meatloaf is walking around somewhere in the vent system of the feich residence right now.  I put a small dish of food and water and some bedding where he fell down in case he comes back...which I highly doubt.  If he does, and makes his home base there, I'll recapture him. 

Gonna get real stinky at the Feich residence sometime soon I reckon, yup, mighty stinky.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #849 on: June 03, 2008, 10:35:21 AM »

I have a tried method of capturing a hampster.  Get a 5 Gallon bucket and build a ramp or stairs leading up to it.  Position the bucket in the middle of the room where the hampster escaped.  Inside the bucket place food and a bouncy ball.  The hampster will climb the ramp or stairs and fall into the bucket.  I recommend leaving the bucket in the room overnight and staying out of the room as much as possible.  Why you ask the bouncy ball in the bucket ?  Hampsters, Gerbils, Mice are attracted to them and will chew on them or rubber bands.

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #850 on: June 03, 2008, 11:20:06 AM »

I have a tried method of capturing a hamster.  Get a 5 Gallon bucket and build a ramp or stairs leading up to it.  Position the bucket in the middle of the room where the hamster escaped.  Inside the bucket place food and a bouncy ball.  The hamster will climb the ramp or stairs and fall into the bucket.  I recommend leaving the bucket in the room overnight and staying out of the room as much as possible.  Why you ask the bouncy ball in the bucket ?  Hamsters, Gerbils, Mice are attracted to them and will chew on them or rubber bands.
We use the same method for catching chipmunks, only we have a few inches of water in the bucket.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #851 on: June 03, 2008, 01:20:41 PM »

Smiley

* mouse-trap.jpg (33.79 KB, 282x303 - viewed 131 times.)
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #852 on: June 03, 2008, 01:31:36 PM »

That's evil. Poor hamster.

Hello World.
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #853 on: June 03, 2008, 02:30:32 PM »

Thar be nasty, nasty weather heading through right now.

Hello World.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #854 on: June 03, 2008, 02:32:24 PM »

AUNTIE EM, AUNTIE EM, THE TWISTER IS COMING!

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length