RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 22, 2024, 10:27:42 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 34 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 817903 times)
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #630 on: March 24, 2008, 09:20:14 PM »

Ohioans who don't realize that an unpowered traffic signal is an all-way stop really irritate me.

Hello World.
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #631 on: March 24, 2008, 09:23:20 PM »

Ohioans who don't realize that an unpowered traffic signal is an all-way stop really irritate me.

I have never seen an unpowered traffic light. If anything, they are flashing red.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #632 on: March 24, 2008, 09:47:44 PM »

I have never seen an unpowered traffic light. If anything, they are flashing red.

You must live in an area that never loses power, or an area affluent enough to afford Uninterruptible Power Supplies.

Hello World.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #633 on: March 25, 2008, 12:46:10 AM »

Anthony!

I thought you were quitting after 10000. Tongue

Now all you got to do is overtake Scott again.

I find myself typing out and deleting more posts than i make.
Or just not feeling like posting anything...

I think i may be regressing into a lurker.   speechless

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #634 on: March 25, 2008, 08:13:55 AM »

I find myself typing out and deleting more posts than i make.

If you think the crap I post is bad, you should see the ones I realise are stupid and don't post.
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #635 on: March 25, 2008, 11:02:30 AM »

A couple summers ago, we "fixed" a traffic light that was out. It was a 5 lane road and a 4 lane road that came together, hundreds of cars going through every couple minutes. We put up one stop sign, and problem solved laugh I don't think anyone slowed down enough to even notice the damn sign. We were there maybe 15 minutes and saw at least 30 near collisions.

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #636 on: March 25, 2008, 12:57:07 PM »

You must live in an area that never loses power, or an area affluent enough to afford Uninterruptible Power Supplies.

Gotta love those UPSs!

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #637 on: March 25, 2008, 05:55:23 PM »

I'm thinking of selling off some games again. I don't use most of my games, they're just sat on the shelf taking up space. I could do with the money to waste on new crap, rather than having it sit on shelves not being able to use it.

All my Nintendo 64 stuff could go, and I've picked out about £140 worth of Mega Drive games. That's a total of about £180. I've got four Super Gameboys, so I could sell three of them.

I'm going to sleep on it and start selling when my head is a bit clearer.
NES_Rules
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #638 on: March 26, 2008, 11:36:25 AM »

My dad is really starting to piss me off. In the basement, I have an old desk in the corner where I do my electronics work and stuff like that, but there are no outlets there, so I have an extension cord running from an outlet to a power strip. I always have a radio and a lamp plugged into the power strip and plug in my soldering iron and other stuff when I need it. But, he for some reason, has the idea that having stuff plugged in wastes all kinds of electricity even if it is off. So, he turns off the power strip, so half that time when I go to solder something, I plug it in and wait for it to heat up, only to find the power strip is off when I come back several minutes later. So, I've started unplugging the dozens of things he leaves plugged in all the time, that get used maybe once a year. Well, he didn't like that Roll Eyes So he took my extension cord and hid it somewhere yesterday. So today while I was looking for it, I just got so mad, I took a hammer to the radio he has down there. It only took two hits in the cassette deck for it to stop working. If he says something, I'm going to start to just turn off the main breaker to the house when I leave, that should save a ton of electricity for him.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #639 on: March 26, 2008, 01:45:08 PM »

sounds like you need your own place.

NES_Rules
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #640 on: March 26, 2008, 01:57:59 PM »

I certainly do, I just can't afford to do it. The only places around here I can afford, are in such bad neighborhoods that my collection wouldn't last a week before it was stolen. I'm pretty much constantly looking for a good place though. Once I graduate (2 more years at least Sad), I'm getting the hell out of this area for good.

TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #641 on: March 27, 2008, 12:11:07 AM »

I certainly do, I just can't afford to do it. The only places around here I can afford, are in such bad neighborhoods that my collection wouldn't last a week before it was stolen. I'm pretty much constantly looking for a good place though. Once I graduate (2 more years at least Sad), I'm getting the hell out of this area for good.

Does that mean you're getting the hell out of the Mahoning Valley? Sounds like a good idea. I hear that they eat babies in Youngstown.

Hello World.
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #642 on: March 27, 2008, 02:16:02 AM »

I'm moving in less than a week. Hoary for basement bedrooms!  I should probably start packing...

NES_Rules
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #643 on: March 27, 2008, 12:17:29 PM »

Does that mean you're getting the hell out of the Mahoning Valley? Sounds like a good idea. I hear that they eat babies in Youngstown.

Yep, I like the area for the most part, but I want to work in a State or National Park, and there isn't anything like that here. So I'll most likely be heading towards Southern Ohio.

TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #644 on: March 27, 2008, 01:33:32 PM »

Oh boy, Appalachia. Cincinnati has a lot of parks, but they are not state or national. Our county park system kicks major ass.

Hello World.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length