RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 21, 2024, 04:09:21 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 816829 times)
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #165 on: January 10, 2008, 07:22:49 PM »

In the words of Belgarath I'm becoming a daylight junkie. I have a daylight box for people with S.A.D. You're supposed to use it for half an hour a day but it's the only decent lighting I've got at the moment so I've had it on all evening. Now I feel giddy in a good way. I actually feel really good now. Wasted!

Thats good news.  Alternatively, you should free great come springtime!

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #166 on: January 10, 2008, 10:12:46 PM »

What does two and a half years of work get a guy? Laid off with absolutely no warning or advance notice.

Thank god for unemployment, otherwise I would be paying rent with complete copies of Final Fantasy 3 and Tengen Tetris.

That sucks :-/

In other news
I unloaded my car into our ex-empty apartment today.
This is the test to see how decent the area is.
It is a pretty big test since that is about 75% of the items i own down here....

Hopefully we will be completely moved in by the end of the weeked.

If not completely at least all the big stuff.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #167 on: January 11, 2008, 05:56:46 AM »

In the words of Belgarath I'm becoming a daylight junkie. I have a daylight box for people with S.A.D. You're supposed to use it for half an hour a day but it's the only decent lighting I've got at the moment so I've had it on all evening. Now I feel giddy in a good way. I actually feel really good now. Wasted!

Thats good news.  Alternatively, you should free great come springtime!

The other thing is it makes good lighting for photography. I heard fluorescent lights are no good for photos but it's got special bulbs in it so they come out well.
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #168 on: January 11, 2008, 07:19:24 AM »

^It's not that the light produced by fluorescent bulbs is bad (though it is generally not a warm tone http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:CFBulbs.jpg).  It's that the bulbs have a very noticeable flicker to them at 60Hz due to the nature of AC electricity.  (In the states at least, I don't know what frequency you guys use over there for your electricity.)  If the picture is taken with a shutter speed of less than 1/60th of a second, then you might get a really bright picture, or a really dark picture. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...centfixturebelow20806.JPG

Compact fluorescent bulbs do not have this problem, I believe they operate at a much higher frequency than normal fluorescent bulbs.  (Was not able to confirm through a quick Wiki, but I remember hearing this somewhere.)

The daylight box doesn't have UV light coming out of it, does it?  (All fluorescent lights have UV light inside of them, but most have a coating on them to prevent UV light from escaping.)  If so, it might not be a very good idea to keep it on much more than the doctor recommended.

Also, apparently this needed it's own Wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_bulb_joke

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #169 on: January 11, 2008, 08:02:40 AM »

Hrmph. I came up with another project (I move on quickly from each project (The last one was the camera)) to put a pico-itx board inside a PSOne. It turns out they're really only available to the industry, not consumers. Undecided I think the next one up is mini or micro-itx but it's 3cm too big to go inside a PSOne.

Edit: Actually, there's nano-itx which is 12x12cm which would fit.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 08:04:27 AM by James » Logged
Three
Joni Mitchell is my Goddess
Banned

Stats
« Reply #170 on: January 11, 2008, 08:07:34 AM »

I don't know what frequency you guys use over there for your electricity
50Hz
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #171 on: January 11, 2008, 11:25:03 AM »

Why does school have to start again next week? Sad

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #172 on: January 11, 2008, 12:05:31 PM »

A house up the street known to be full of scary black people has two little puppies tied up on its front porch. The puppies are yelping and scratching at the door of the house. It is extremely cold. I believe the residents of said house are attempting to lure in hippie animal loving girls.

When shall his new form be revealed?
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #173 on: January 11, 2008, 06:35:30 PM »

gasp!!! a day without posting. Damn school taking up all my time! Smiley

Tell me about your variants...
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #174 on: January 11, 2008, 10:59:58 PM »

Sleepy.

Refilled my car with all the last of my gaming items(minus the Wii and Xbox which need to be unhooked), all our books, DVDs, some baby stuff.

All thats left is some of Aubreys stuff, probably a car load of baby stuff and some larger items like bookshelfs, "dresser" and bed.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #175 on: January 12, 2008, 12:21:10 AM »

Tired.....

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #176 on: January 12, 2008, 11:44:34 AM »

Awake

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #177 on: January 12, 2008, 12:34:04 PM »

Our wreck of a car is now wrecked halfway back from town. Luckily my sister is in town with her car because the AA were going to be 2-3 hours, so she picked me and my dad up. I think the clutch cable snapped. The clutch pedal was all the way to the floor.

• Clutch gone
  • Overheats
  • Loose cambelt
  • Crack in windscreen
  • Doesn't play CDs
  • The exhaust fell of and was replaced just a week ago
  • It's just had two new tyres

Methinks it be time for a new car. Undecided
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #178 on: January 12, 2008, 01:59:06 PM »

My son played his first basketball game today. He is 6 1/2, and plays in a 6-7 year old league.

They won the game 20-18, and my son had 10 points, 1 assist and 4 rebounds.
It was pretty fun watching him play!

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #179 on: January 12, 2008, 03:21:20 PM »

Thats pretty cool.

I was just saying "Damn he's 6.5 already?... I remember playing Halo 2 with him way back when!"

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length