RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 21, 2024, 10:30:37 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 816727 times)
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #90 on: January 02, 2008, 08:38:59 AM »

Congrats on being an uncle NES_Rules

James is your HD selected in your BIOS settings ?  I know that sounds like a dumb question but some don't auto detect.  Also are there any jumpers on the drive ?  Sometimes you have to select master, slave etc.  What OS are you using ?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 08:40:39 AM by Ghost Soldier » Logged

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2008, 08:46:56 AM »

James is your HD selected in your BIOS settings ?  I know that sounds like a dumb question but some don't auto detect.  Also are there any jumpers on the drive ?  Sometimes you have to select master, slave etc.  What OS are you using ?

The drive shows up in BIOS and various boot disc tools. It's a SATA drive, so no jumpers needed. I'm using Windows XP Home SP2.

It's going back but the soonest I can have it collected is Monday. Then I'll have to wait for them to test it, then I'll have to wait for a new one to be sent.
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #92 on: January 02, 2008, 08:54:40 AM »

I love jumperless drives  Smiley  I'm in agreement that it sounds like a bad drive.  Best of luck with the new drive.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2008, 09:28:22 AM »

I don't think I said here - The new drive makes a very loud humming noise. It's louder than my fans. You'd think I would take that as a hint.

Anyway, it's sort of sorted now. They're sending a courier to pick it up on Monday. So now we can move on to other unrelated thoughts...

I'm eating a man-size Yorkie bar. Their branding is "It's not for girls!" It's a 300g chocolate bar with over 1,650 calories.
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2008, 10:12:27 AM »

James thats a heck of a chocolate bar.  Currently sitting on my duff looking at the snow through the windows surrounding my cubicle.  It's 7' F today but by sunday it will be 60' F

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2008, 02:34:29 PM »

I found this to be funny.
http://www.escapistmagazi...uation-Super-Mario-Galaxy

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2008, 05:01:54 PM »

I'm eating a man-size Yorkie bar. Their branding is "It's not for girls!" It's a 300g chocolate bar with over 1,650 calories.

I love Yorkie bars. I know, I know, it's a British Chocolate, but believe it or not we can buy it in world market sections of grocery stores and also at Jungle Jim's International Market of Pure Awesome, in the England section, which is right below an animatronic  Robin Hood.

Hello World.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2008, 11:26:46 AM »

Damn 7 pages already.

I found out one of my dogs needs 2 surgery's per back leg. Thats going to run 7-8 grand! YEAH FOR ME! No more 360 games for me for some time.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2008, 12:27:39 PM »

My dog has been limping pretty bad lately. She has an appontment in a couple weeks. The vet said it's either arthritis or a detached ligament which apparently are both common in older dogs. I'm hoping arthritis. My dog is almost 11, I don't think she'd do too well with surgery and a 5 week recovery time.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2008, 12:32:20 PM »

The type of surgery my dog needs the recovery time is real fast. He will have metal plates in his legs.

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2008, 01:15:57 PM »

Yawn.... Crap!! Only have 4 more days of vacation. Wake up damnit Wake up. Snoooooooooooooor.... sleeping

Tell me about your variants...
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2008, 01:40:24 PM »

The type of surgery my dog needs the recovery time is real fast. He will have metal plates in his legs.

My older dog broke her leg four years ago and had a metal plate or pins put in. A few days later the metal pin was poking through her skin. Nasty. She went back to have it redone and she's had a bad limp ever since. We're also pretty sure the screwed up operation gave her slight palsy down her left side, like they hit a nerve near her neck. Her left lip is higher than her other one and she can't blink properly in that eye.

She's shaggy, limpy, smelly, expensive, and selectively deaf but we still love her loads.

I hope all goes well with your dog.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2008, 02:28:12 PM »

Sorry about your dog.

Thanks

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #103 on: January 03, 2008, 02:44:02 PM »

Hope your dog makes it through all right, Scott.

We had a dog that got hit by a car going 50+ mph. Crushed both her hips. She was already pretty old, but we couldn't bear to put her down and got her full hip replacements. I don't know what it cost exactly, but I'm sure it was several thousand, and worth every penny. She lived a few years after that with no negative affects other than a small limp.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #104 on: January 03, 2008, 06:22:36 PM »

8k on a dog?

Howsabout this:

[img width=643 height=296]http://mselect.free.fr/gallery/img1/3384-.jpg[/img]

When shall his new form be revealed?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length