RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 03:43:15 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 801312 times)
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #5580 on: June 06, 2014, 06:53:58 PM »

What, this tab? slick

* Screenshot from 2014-06-07 00:51:05.png (52.37 KB, 699x195 - viewed 139 times.)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5581 on: June 06, 2014, 06:59:28 PM »

You crafty bastard. I don't have that tab anymore.

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5582 on: June 06, 2014, 07:00:47 PM »

Hey now,

Was curious, went looking in nav.js Roll Eyes
I don't think these are normally accessible...

Weekly Features
Top Rated Games
Bottom Rated Games
Hosted Sites

For some reason, I read "nav.js" as "navy.js," and I was wondering what the British navy had to do with gaming. Time for that eye exam.

Looks like only the first 11 games sport a rating of 75% or less. I mean, Halo 1 for the PC is in 13th place at 75.45% for goodness sakes. And where's Superman 64, Bubsy 3D, and Daikatana?

Meanwhile: I found a really cool Guardian.UK then-and-now interactive photo collection of various spots in northern France to celebrate the 70th anniversary of D-Day.

http://www.theguardian.co...-1944-and-now-interactive

Just click a pic, and the scene will change from how it looked during the invasion to how it looks today.
mumboking
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #5583 on: June 06, 2014, 07:09:23 PM »

Looks like only the first 11 games sport a rating of 75% or less. I mean, Halo 1 for the PC is in 13th place at 75.45% for goodness sakes. And where's Superman 64, Bubsy 3D, and Daikatana?
Good point... The highest rating out of those is Daikatana with 35%.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5584 on: June 06, 2014, 07:58:41 PM »

Features was cut, since we don't have a Staff member updating it regularly now. It used to feature member collections, which I thought was cool, but it was before my time. I removed it from the tabs since it wasn't maintained.

Top Rated and Bottom Rated exist, but they're buried somewhere.

Hosted Sites is WAY out of date, and was replaced by the "Our Friends" section on the Home Page.

As for ratings, those are User Ratings which haven't been heavily used in a while. Wink

I've been toying with an idea, and the staff seemed to be slightly enthusiastic about it...which means it was better received than usual. I might post up about it in the VIP section this weekend.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 08:00:30 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5585 on: June 06, 2014, 08:05:48 PM »

for the really outdated pages why bother leaving the files for them on the server? seems like it would just add to clutter
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5586 on: June 06, 2014, 08:07:32 PM »

Made almost $200 at the garage sale and were doing some more tomorrow. Im taking my cut to the con and flea market at the end if the month!

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5587 on: June 11, 2014, 03:26:55 PM »

I am set up with one of those "track your spending" thingies.

I saw a charge for "Mac" listed as "Personal Care" so i cross referenced since it was an amount i remembered spending.... and it was actually "Johnny Mac Liquors". I had grabbed some bud light as a thank you/gift.

I guess that counts as personal care for some lol

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5588 on: June 11, 2014, 03:36:56 PM »

Made almost $200 at the garage sale and were doing some more tomorrow. Im taking my cut to the con and flea market at the end if the month!

If you haven't already done so, maybe you could donate a portion of your cut to RF Generation's upkeep? I did that with the profits from every online sale I made during the submissions contest. Just a friendly suggestion...
mumboking
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #5589 on: June 11, 2014, 09:15:27 PM »

I've never used the chat before, so I decided to see what's going on in there...
Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied ("java.net.SocketPermission" "irc.quakenet.org" "resolve")
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5590 on: June 11, 2014, 09:22:17 PM »

I've never used the chat before, so I decided to see what's going on in there...
Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied ("java.net.SocketPermission" "irc.quakenet.org" "resolve")

After the search-term incident where things didn't turn out right for you, I immediately contacted an admin to disable your ability to use the chat function. Grin
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5591 on: June 11, 2014, 09:22:46 PM »

I also tried a couple weeks ago, but it doesn't want to work for me either.

mumboking
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #5592 on: June 11, 2014, 09:27:06 PM »

After the search-term incident where things didn't turn out right for you, I immediately contacted an admin to disable your ability to use the chat function. Grin
Oh noes! Roll Eyes

I also tried a couple weeks ago, but it doesn't want to work for me either.
I can get to the chat if I go to http://webchat.quakenet.org/
engel762, h1ghw1nd, izret101 and MrMeek are in there apparently, although they aren't chatting.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5593 on: June 11, 2014, 09:33:57 PM »

Just remnants of broken things from the move/upgrade. May get to something this weekend...

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5594 on: June 12, 2014, 05:56:28 PM »

So i have been getting calls from the "IRS" apparently located in the Seattle area and operated exclusively by Indians(with a dot not a feather).

First call i answered and pretended to take down the superior officers name and number who had access to my case file. The sheriff department should have already contacted me regarding this matter according to Vijay Singh (since the name he gave was fake i made it at least more realistic)
After the 4th or 4th call i finally answered again and said don't call me again send the sheriff to my house.

Next day 2 calls from a different 206 area code. No message left.

Today 2 calls from "Unknown". 2 messages left. First message: "Sheriff Chopra" with the local police department call back "Vijays" boss who was a federal officer or else i would be deported back to another country. Make sure i call him and reference a case number. Please stop working and call immediately. Something something. Gave a couple "god bless" (i guess mention god and everyone complies?) and wished me a good day.

Second message a few hours later: "Sheriff Chopra" again. I have a couple hours left to comply or i will be sent behind bars. My 2 options are call "Vijays" boss or I can either turn myself in to the local sheriffs department. If not will be picked up at home and my place of work and brought to jail and put behind bars.  God Bless.

I am moderately excited to see what the next message entails....

In the mean time...
FTC Case file 54158963. With any luck i will have supplied some info they can use to shut them down. Hopefully it was worth my time calling the GOV and giving them some info. I SHOULD HAVE NEVER GIVEN THE GUBMENT MY NAME, ADDRESS, AGE AND LET THEM KNOW IF IT WAS A HOUSE OR APARTMENT (I initially gave the wrong age and said the house was an apartment.... Both completely on accident lol)

Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length