RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 21, 2024, 08:34:57 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 53 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 816658 times)
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4125 on: September 15, 2012, 03:26:27 PM »

WIDE-EYED EXPRESSION OF INCREDULITY!
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4126 on: September 15, 2012, 06:02:44 PM »

Anywho, on a more serious note Roll Eyes

Apparently by my city. I am the most hardcore collector they have seen. Shocked

OK so here's the story. I rent a house and when you live in a rental house my city is supposed to inspect the rental house once a year for structural defects, electrical issues, you know any safety issues and alert the landlord.   

So I had the city inspector come in today and he was pretty impressed with everything till he headed to the basement. I don't have the room upstairs to store all my crap so my game room is located in the basement. 

As soon as he went to the basement he inspected the water heater, furnace, electrical box and such, exactly what they did last year and that was it. They never walked into my game room which I thought was weird. But this year the inspector did walk into the game room.

Funny thing the second he walked into the room  he was kinda impressed with the collection. But he quickly noticed that all my system's and other electronics were pretty much running off of very limited outlets and saw my clusterfuck of wires behind my entertainment center. He laughed and told me this was the one of the worst electrical hazard he'd seen in years.

I can't help it I want all my systems up and ready to go. I don't want to hook a console up everytime I want to game. Oh well, guess I got to have an electrician come in and put more outlets in within a month to help me fix my "hazard".

I tried to get a pic of mine but failed.  Not as bad as yours, Raz, but I do have a wireless router mixed up in it.  The worst part is I have a Bachelor's in Computer Networking, so I have zero excuse for that kind of wire management. 

Two surge protectors?  In the same outlet?  That is no bueno, dude.  Laws in Michigan call for an outlet every six feet.  Get a heavy duty extension (the cord should be as thick as you can buy) and plug the second surge protector (SG) into the remote outlet (even if it is on another wall).  Behind your television I would suggest plugging in the first SG along with something important (like the television itself).  Since I'm sure you have wasted outlets on one or more of the SGs, so I would recommend replacing it with a power squid so that you can fully utilize the available outlets (especially with those massive transformer-laden retro console plugs).  Trust me on this one, duder, I only say this because I care   Grin

An
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 06:22:28 PM by bombatomba » Logged

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4127 on: September 15, 2012, 07:50:54 PM »

^Thanks bombatomba. You are an awesome local here in my city. Smiley

I will have this issue fixed very shortly. I do understand this is a possible hazard and will take your advise to correct it. I agree with the inspector. The funny thing is my landlord is going to pay for the extra outlets to get installed, all I have to pay for is the extra surge protector power strips, and of course the time I spend making that wire mess look neat. Sadly that picture didn't show the whole mess.

Anywho, back to my weird mind and on topic with this thread... Cheesy

... I always wondered what would happen if I took a caffeine pill and a sleeping pill at the same time.
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #4128 on: September 15, 2012, 08:35:21 PM »

... I always wondered what would happen if I took a caffeine pill and a sleeping pill at the same time.
Probably have a stroke or heart attack.

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4129 on: September 15, 2012, 09:05:57 PM »

Photobucket is really pissing me off tonight.  Ugh
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4130 on: September 16, 2012, 12:56:50 AM »

Interpreting Eraserhead would be job number one.  Number two would be creating an elaborate whiteboard sketch connecting everything with intersecting and crossing lines of varying color.  Three would be confronting David Lynch with the knowledge and make him finally (and likely tearfully) admit that the baby in the movie is really him, Henry Spencer his father, and his mother the frightening woman who lives in Henry's radiator.

Man.  Is there anything in this world that is simultaneously more frightening, terrible, creamy, and wonderful than American cheese?  I just made a "ghetto cheese sandwich" which consisted of two pieces of regular white bread with a medium layer of Ortega Hot Sauce spread on both, several pieces of pepperoni, and two slices of Yoder sliced American cheese.  Combined and thrown (a little roughly, I might add) into one of those wicked sandwich makers (the fourteenth greatest invention of the modern age), cooked for an indeterminate amount of time, then served and consumed along with a can of Coke Zero whilst watching episode 69 of Game Center CX?  Completely forgot where I was going with this.  I need to go to bed.

- Han Solo
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4131 on: September 16, 2012, 06:26:27 AM »

Good thing you went with the Coke Zero.

Gotta cut down on the calories, after all.
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4132 on: September 16, 2012, 08:17:46 AM »

No, that is not it at all.  No.  If I cared about cutting calories I would have put it in a panini press.  Pfffsh.  Obviously.

- Han Solo
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4133 on: September 16, 2012, 08:35:13 AM »

No, that is not it at all.  No.  If I cared about cutting calories I would have put it in a panini press.  Pfffsh.  Obviously.

Well if you're gonna have that kind of attitude, then to heck with ya.

BTW I'm overjoyed to hear the non-CD part of your TG16 still works. At least you have that...
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4134 on: September 16, 2012, 09:08:58 AM »

Thanks, Zag.  Considering the failure rate of these systems I should have expected it, but at least I can play Legendary Axe or Keith Courage over composite still (not sure if the save works).  Still, I kind of wish my Sega CD was able to survive, but I'll take what I can get (as broke as I am, beggars can't be choosers).  I can always get Magic Engine, but there is no legal solution for Sega CD.

- Han Solo
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4135 on: September 19, 2012, 08:21:10 PM »

Back to my silly randomness. After all I don't want to get caught being serious after all.  Grin

I hereby declare Bill to be the biggest dick in the world.

Why?

Because every month he sends me a letter or reminds me online that I owe him money. Really how much money does this guy need?

He goes under different names. Water Bill, Electric Bill, Automotive Insurance Bill ect...

I really wish he would just leave me alone. I'm sick of his shit. I can only assume Bills last name is Gates. No wonder hes so rich. I think I'm gonna stop giving Bill money. He doesn't deserve it anymore.

Who's with me?!   

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #4136 on: September 19, 2012, 09:51:53 PM »

Back to my silly randomness. After all I don't want to get caught being serious after all.  Grin

I hereby declare Bill to be the biggest dick in the world.

Why?

Because every month he sends me a letter or reminds me online that I owe him money. Really how much money does this guy need?

He goes under different names. Water Bill, Electric Bill, Automotive Insurance Bill ect...

I really wish he would just leave me alone. I'm sick of his shit. I can only assume Bills last name is Gates. No wonder hes so rich. I think I'm gonna stop giving Bill money. He doesn't deserve it anymore.

Who's with me?!   

I won't argue that Bill can indeed get pretty greedy.  But so far he's the only guy I know who will actually sell me clean water, electricity, insurance, etc.  What I need to do is get on Bill's good side, then convince him to move in, and voila, my life gets quite a bit cheaper.

Keelah se'lai
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #4137 on: September 23, 2012, 06:01:08 PM »

So I've been living in this house for going on four weeks now, and today I finally decided to check out the basement. There's no access to the basement from inside the house, instead you have to go outside and go through a door in the back (the house is built on a hill, so the basement door is like a normal door going inside). But its not quite a normal door, first off, there's a little structure built onto the back that I guess would be like a miniature enclosed patio, the outer door appears to be just wood planks covered in a thin sheet metal. But it has a rope and pulley attached to it with a large weight, so it closes by itself as there is no lock or even latch on it. Once inside that door, there is another door. Its supposed to have a window, but instead has an old cardboard "yard sale" sign covering the hole in the door. Again, there is no lock, but there is a latch on this one. The door is about 3/4 the height of a normal door.
Once inside the basement, its quite small, maybe 1/4 the size of the footprint of the house, the rest seems to just be a crawlspace type area. One thing I found interesting in it aside from the assortment of water tanks/heater/chlorinators/disenfectors (the water is still absolutely terrible here, the cold is unusable for anything, the hot seems ok for everything other than drinking and cooking) was the structure of the house. I could tell the house was old, but the floor beams were basically logs with one side flattened. I've seen plenty of houses with axe cut beams, but they're generally square all the way around, but these are literally untouched on all sides except the top and where they had to fit into anything else.
I did however, find something completely unexpected, a copy of Street Racer for the VCS sitting on a shelf. Its pretty beat up, but still a neat find in my book.

OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4138 on: September 25, 2012, 04:38:09 PM »

ch*kush*

Dead or Alive 5 released today.  The Collector's edition was preorder only.  I got used to the Limited Editions not being so limited here.  Now a true one is here, and I'm the fool who missed out.  (There aren't any online either.)

it's thinking
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #4139 on: September 26, 2012, 11:56:39 AM »

Got a repeat vaccine shot for tetanus yesterday. I'll be getting shots for hepatitis A+B later this year and beginning next year. (3 shots in total) According to my doctor, kids nowadays automatically get vaccinated for hepatitis in Belgium, but when I was young that wasn't yet so.

Better safe than sorry, imo.
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length