RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 21, 2024, 04:37:59 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 46 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 816475 times)
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #3480 on: March 16, 2009, 05:16:41 PM »

A "gift card" is not "cash". Cash would be a $5 note inside the cereal box.

Well, a check isn't cash, but it is called cash. If you walk into a car dealer and say I want a car, and I'll pay cash, that (usually) means you'll pay with a check. A prepaid card is basically cash.

Tell me about your variants...
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #3481 on: March 16, 2009, 05:19:24 PM »

Well, a check isn't cash, but it is called cash. If you walk into a car dealer and say I want a car, and I'll pay cash, that (usually) means you'll pay with a check. A prepaid card is basically cash.
It may be basically cash, but it's not cash. Cash is accepted anywhere, good luck trying to pay for something with your gift card at a garage sale.

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #3482 on: March 16, 2009, 05:21:14 PM »

It may be basically cash, but it's not cash. Cash is accepted anywhere, good luck trying to pay for something with your gift card at a garage sale.

Good point.

ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« Reply #3483 on: March 16, 2009, 08:58:03 PM »

how are anarchy and communism alike?

Anarchy=abolition of government (I, myself am a self-proclaimed anarchist, I'm getting a tattoo of an anarchy symbol next month)

Communism=saturation of government

Huh

what? did I miss something?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 09:00:24 PM by ganonbanned » Logged
Tan
« Reply #3484 on: March 16, 2009, 10:00:35 PM »

Anarchy=abolition of government (I, myself am a self-proclaimed anarchist, I'm getting a tattoo of an anarchy symbol next month)

Huh

Those are the most diluted, non-descriptive and shallow explanations of those two philosophies I have ever seen. You can't possibly condense then down in a few words like that and look the least bit credible.

So as a "self-proclaimed anarchist" are you a anarcha-feminist who supports terrorism and violence or are you going to narrow it down a bit than just saying your "against the man"?

Let's face it. At best your a leftist, at the extreme a Neo-Anarchist. More likely a constitutional liberalist. Certainly not worthy of labeling yourself a true Anarchist because your just not that into it.
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #3485 on: March 16, 2009, 10:46:27 PM »

Huh

Those are the most diluted, non-descriptive and shallow explanations of those two philosophies I have ever seen. You can't possibly condense then down in a few words like that and look the least bit credible.

So as a "self-proclaimed anarchist" are you a anarcha-feminist who supports terrorism and violence or are you going to narrow it down a bit than just saying your "against the man"?

Let's face it. At best your a leftist, at the extreme a Neo-Anarchist. More likely a constitutional liberalist. Certainly not worthy of labeling yourself a true Anarchist because your just not that into it.

Where the hell did that come from gannon? Because of my avatar? Well, do some research on Anarcho-Communism, and maybe you'll find some intelligent information on the subject before spewing useless garbage.

Do you even know what it means to be anarchist? I'll give $5 that you just want to 'stick it to the man', which ISN'T WHAT ANARCHY IS ABOUT. It's about how, because we as humans are 'intelligent' (notice the QUOTES), we should be able to live in harmony with each other.

Prove to me you are anarchist. I am.

EDIT: Go Tan, go Tan, it's your birthday!

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3486 on: March 17, 2009, 02:10:50 AM »

lol at teenage angstarchists.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3487 on: March 17, 2009, 09:45:36 AM »

Word.

It's all nonsense. None of you are anarachists, get real. (really). Wink
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3488 on: March 17, 2009, 10:29:01 AM »

Good point.

Or buying lotto with it.
I got into alot of fights with people trying to use checks/debit/giftcards because people always say they are "same as cash". But the first 2 can be reported as stolen/canceled after the transaction has ben made plus there are processing fees. And the last one is just a clever way for companies to get money from you without selling product.

Remember that whenever you are going to throw away a card because it has a couple cents left on it Wink

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #3489 on: March 17, 2009, 11:15:09 AM »

*raises my glass*

Kids these days are just ridiculous. If I were making a list of rules to live by I can assure you that "never get a tattoo of something you believe when you're 15" would be on it. There's a 100% chance you'll regret it. Get a cool anarchy patch from Hot Topic and stitch it to your favorite jean jacket or hoodie. At least that's removable when you decide that you no longer believe in such silliness.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 11:17:24 AM by Bad Enough Dude » Logged

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3490 on: March 17, 2009, 12:03:41 PM »

Kids these days are just ridiculous. If I were making a list of rules to live by I can assure you that "never get a tattoo of something you believe when you're 15" would be on it. There's a 100% chance you'll regret it. Get a cool anarchy patch from Hot Topic and stitch it to your favorite jean jacket or hoodie. At least that's removable when you decide that you no longer believe in such silliness.
Quoted for truth.

You might think Anarchy and other "cool things" like that are great to have a tattoo of now, but just imagine how retarded you'll look when you're 40, have kids, be a normal member of society and still have that tattoo.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3491 on: March 17, 2009, 12:05:02 PM »

One exam, then I'm gonna get my drink on for the glory of Ireland.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3492 on: March 17, 2009, 02:04:24 PM »

Too fucking right.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3493 on: March 17, 2009, 02:34:25 PM »

Oh...

yeah.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats