RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 06:44:14 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 13 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 841239 times)
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2520 on: December 09, 2008, 01:54:21 AM »

May just hafta^

In other news, I studied none. Will be raped by Spanish final in six and a half hours, and now I go to bed.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #2521 on: December 09, 2008, 08:08:26 AM »

Dave thinks he's funny... Ya know what? He is.

Hint: Look at my handle.
Aaaah, the member formerly known as logical.
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #2522 on: December 09, 2008, 10:35:58 AM »

I kicked my Air Quality final's ass today, 100 questions in under 15 minutes Grin
I've taken a total of maybe one page of notes in that class, so I just looked over the old tests a couple times to study. The questions on the final were the exact same question, with the addition of 15-20 new questions. It was one of the easiest tests ever.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2523 on: December 09, 2008, 11:57:25 AM »

^congrats

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2524 on: December 09, 2008, 12:00:50 PM »

NO MORE SPANISH WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #2525 on: December 09, 2008, 12:21:43 PM »

NO MORE SPANISH WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

*high five*

Foreign language requirements can lick my taint.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2526 on: December 09, 2008, 12:36:50 PM »

http://www.radisson.com/w...&checkoutDayMonthYear

o.0

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #2527 on: December 09, 2008, 01:10:43 PM »

Northing wrong with having accomodation for dwarves. Smiley
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #2528 on: December 09, 2008, 01:36:32 PM »

That's the woman from TLC's "Little People Big World" 
Great show BTW, it really demonstrates the perseverance of some individuals and makes you appreciate how easy you have it.
Plus it's funny watching little people struggling at evey day tasks. 

Mr. Ksoft
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #2529 on: December 09, 2008, 10:55:46 PM »

Guess whose computer died?

...I don't even know what the hell happened.  Went from working fine to gigantic doorstop in about 12 hours of me not using it.  I suspect some kind of virus infection.

It's so bad, though, that I can't boot Windows in Safe Mode NOR can I boot anything like Linux off a CD.  And when Windows still worked it forced a blue screen of death if I tried doing a virus scan.  So the computer is essentially useless now.

Poor thing.  I'd hoped to get a little more than three years out of it.
Luckily, I haven't lost too much important data.  External hard drives that aren't virus'd FTW!!

Interesting stuff:
Monochrome Nightmares (self-made games)
Exploding Jellyfish (self-made music)
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2530 on: December 09, 2008, 11:15:26 PM »

^ sounds more like a hardware failure than a software problem if the linux disk did nothing.  More than likely not a virus problem.  My guess is either the hard drive or the RAM, leaning towards the ram. 

If you can, disconnect everything apart from the motherboard, processor, ram, CD drive and video card and see if the a linux boot CD will work.  It it does, it is most likely a problem with the hard drive.  If not the problem is prolly with the RAM.  Processors rarely fail, but it does happen.  Motherboards fail too, but not nearly as much as RAM in my experience. 

You did a good thing by having an external hard drive for data backup.  Computers are more replaceable than data.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Mr. Ksoft
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #2531 on: December 10, 2008, 07:44:58 AM »

I'll have to give it a shot-- though I don't think it's a hardware failure.  The Linux CD DID so something... but while booting it kernel panicked.  I know it worked fine a week ago because I considered switching to Linux because I hate Windows.  Additionally, I doubt it's coincidence that it would blue screen whenever I tried a virus scan...

But hey, I'll try anything at this point.  I still have some data I'd like to save that wasn't on the drive yet.
I think I'll start with a new Windows install, though.  It was getting bloated anyway.  That or just totally jump to Linux.

And if the computer doesn't work any more, my friend has a stash of parts and I can always dig into that and mix parts from my own computer and build some kind of Frankenstein monster to get me through the next two years.

Interesting stuff:
Monochrome Nightmares (self-made games)
Exploding Jellyfish (self-made music)
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2532 on: December 10, 2008, 09:32:29 AM »

More info needed on your computer.  Can you get into your bios settings ?  If so what is the boot sequence of drives ?  Some computers have cd-rom drivers built into the bios.  Select it to boot from cd-rom first.  Then try your linux install disk.  If not follow the sequence of drive boots usually A: Floppy Drive, C: Hard Drive, E: Whatever else you have.  Hopefully you have some kind of recovery disk, disc.  If it's a pre XP comp at the least you can get to dos prompt and be able to figure something out.  I don't think your comp is a door stop.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2533 on: December 10, 2008, 11:21:17 AM »

I've been up since 6am...Usually I'm up TILL 6am...

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #2534 on: December 10, 2008, 03:28:08 PM »

I've been up since 6am...Usually I'm up TILL 6am...
It's quite a difference, huh? Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length