RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 21, 2024, 06:26:40 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 35 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 816941 times)
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #225 on: January 16, 2008, 06:56:25 PM »

Ugh, the week is only half over.... Sad

Tell me about your variants...
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #226 on: January 16, 2008, 07:08:47 PM »

^You work 6 day weeks?

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #227 on: January 16, 2008, 09:33:29 PM »

I hate buying new books. I bought three books and it came to around $250. One book really pisses me off because it doesn't come bound (supposedly to save us money), but the bookstore won't buy it back it later at all. Another book I still need I can either buy a "virtual" copy for $62 or a "real" copy for $81, either way they won't buy it back either. And I've still got at least a $150 book to buy.
I also tried to sell back 3 books from last year, I got $25 for one, I think I paid $70 for it, another one that I paid around $100 for (brand new) they wouldn't buy it back at all, and the same thing for another one I paid around $40 for.
And the part I find funny is that book store has several cops at all entrances/exits so we don't rip them off.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #228 on: January 16, 2008, 09:40:23 PM »

Yeah, I found my $125 geology book online for $13 after shipping and handling...I wonder what I'll be getting if I ever get it at all.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #229 on: January 16, 2008, 10:01:15 PM »

Getting ripped off for books is much better than the alternative. 

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #230 on: January 17, 2008, 01:20:28 AM »

You mean

[img width=457 height=343]http://www.teacheroz.com/images/bookburn.gif[/img]
?

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #231 on: January 17, 2008, 05:49:12 AM »

Best thing I've heard this week:

On a children's TV programme, a girl called Promise said "He said we walked 4 kilometres but it felt like miles."
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #232 on: January 17, 2008, 07:02:55 AM »

You mean

[img width=457 height=343]http://www.teacheroz.com/images/bookburn.gif[/img]
?

I was thinking more like:
[img width=531 height=411]http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/rt_redneck3_070709_ssh.jpg[/img]

++++EDIT++++
When searching on google for "hick", it suggests "redneck".
http://images.google.com/...ck&btnG=Search+Images

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #233 on: January 17, 2008, 08:08:15 AM »

I hate buying new books. I bought three books and it came to around $250. One book really pisses me off because it doesn't come bound (supposedly to save us money), but the bookstore won't buy it back it later at all. Another book I still need I can either buy a "virtual" copy for $62 or a "real" copy for $81, either way they won't buy it back either. And I've still got at least a $150 book to buy.
I also tried to sell back 3 books from last year, I got $25 for one, I think I paid $70 for it, another one that I paid around $100 for (brand new) they wouldn't buy it back at all, and the same thing for another one I paid around $40 for.
And the part I find funny is that book store has several cops at all entrances/exits so we don't rip them off.

AbesBooks.com
Buy and sell used books mostly for schooling if memory serves...

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #234 on: January 17, 2008, 08:23:56 AM »

There's been a plane crash at Heathrow. It fell short of the runway but it doesn't look too serious. "Three minor injuries". The wing is a bit ripped off and the undercarriage looks like it collapsed.

Some quick screen caps from BBC Lunchtime News:

[img width=700 height=393]http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m84/BrokenFlight/BBCNews-Plane1.jpg[/img]

[img width=700 height=393]http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m84/BrokenFlight/BBCNews-Plane2.jpg[/img]

[img width=700 height=393]http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m84/BrokenFlight/BBCNews-Plane3.jpg[/img]
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #235 on: January 17, 2008, 07:42:10 PM »

CLOVERFIELD DRAWS NIGH

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #236 on: January 17, 2008, 09:51:35 PM »

On a children's TV programme, a girl called Promise said "He said we walked 4 kilometres but it felt like miles."

So, does the UK use metric for length or Imperial?

Hello World.
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #237 on: January 17, 2008, 10:18:58 PM »

Thursdays officially suck this semester. I start at 11:00 AM which is pretty nice, but my last class doesn't end until 9:05 pm. My last class is also a 2.5 hour long lecture. Damn, that is a long time to sit and listen. The worst part is that it lasts all semester and if we miss one class, it's an automatic No Credit speechless At least it's only once a week and tomorrow I only have a 50 minutes geology class Cool
And what is really weird is the guy that teaches that 2.5 hour class is a guy who used to work with the company I now work for and I actually job shadowed him when I was in the 11th grade. At least, I think it's the same guy, I didn't ask him because I want to see if he says anything bad about his old job Roll Eyes

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #238 on: January 17, 2008, 11:53:46 PM »

This week -
M- 11-7 (Just this week and three weeks from this week)
T- 9:30-9:30
W-11-9
H-9:30-9

Aww.....

Hello World.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #239 on: January 18, 2008, 03:09:28 AM »

So, does the UK use metric for length or Imperial?

Depends. Distance is imperial but length is generally metric. Scientifically, metric is always used. Older people use metric for everything but younger people have been brought up to use mostly metric, even though it's illegal for road signs to be metric. We have a weird mix but if you've grown up here it makes sense.

I was going to buy a keyboard the other day for £21 but I had an email from Maplin (a crappy electronic components store) this morning saying they have it for £10. I'll be going there, then.

Edit: Woohoo! Last in stock. I got a Saitek Eclipse for £10. It seems good so far, the backlighting has two levels plus off and it's quite bright. Not bad for a tenner. I also got a Logitech MX518 mouse. It's bigger than my old mouse so I'll have to get used to it first.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 05:35:02 AM by James » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length