RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 06:18:27 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 841774 times)
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1740 on: September 13, 2008, 06:17:19 PM »

That's a shame about all the rain in Northern Illinois / Indiana / Ohio / Pennsylvania. It's been nice here all day, and yesterday all it did was spit.

Hello World.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #1741 on: September 13, 2008, 06:21:38 PM »

The US really got it bad on the weather department. With all the storms, hurricanes and floodings and stuff.

We get floodings here too in Belgium although the particular area I live never gets flooded Smiley
In fact, I live in a non-flooding, non-hurricane, non-eathquake and non-vulcano area. Wooot! Cheesy Tongue
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1742 on: September 13, 2008, 10:09:50 PM »

http://www.gadling.com/20...ating-north-korea-part-1/

Read it. You will appreciate freedom 50 million times more.

And then you want to go and elect someone like Obama :O

When shall his new form be revealed?
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1743 on: September 13, 2008, 10:10:25 PM »

That's a shame about all the rain in Northern Illinois / Indiana / Ohio / Pennsylvania. It's been nice here all day, and yesterday all it did was spit.

We didn't get any rain at the Wine Festival.

When shall his new form be revealed?
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #1744 on: September 13, 2008, 10:34:33 PM »

The US really got it bad on the weather department. With all the storms, hurricanes and floodings and stuff.

We get floodings here too in Belgium although the particular area I live never gets flooded Smiley
In fact, I live in a non-flooding, non-hurricane, non-eathquake and non-vulcano area. Wooot! Cheesy Tongue
The US does have some bad weather overall. The west coast has earthquakes and forest fire, the central states have tons of tornadoes, and the East and Southern coasts have hurricanes.  The northern states are generally the best, we really just get the occasional tornadoes and minor floodings.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1745 on: September 13, 2008, 10:35:12 PM »

No rain today in Cincy...

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1746 on: September 13, 2008, 10:49:03 PM »

No rain today in Cincy...

lucky... Cry

Actually, I kinda like this much weather. It is fun!  laugh   ninja

Tell me about your variants...
Mr. Ksoft
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #1747 on: September 14, 2008, 01:08:07 AM »

I LOVE MARCHING BAND!!!

I'm sorry, but I've just had a completely fantastic day.  We did a contest, we did well, and I had a complete blast with all my bandgeek buddies.  It's 1 AM and my energy is bursting.  I am as happy as can be and nothing can change it Cheesy

Interesting stuff:
Monochrome Nightmares (self-made games)
Exploding Jellyfish (self-made music)
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1748 on: September 14, 2008, 08:46:11 AM »

I LOVE MARCHING BAND!!!

I'm sorry, but I've just had a completely fantastic day.  We did a contest, we did well, and I had a complete blast with all my bandgeek buddies.  It's 1 AM and my energy is bursting.  I am as happy as can be and nothing can change it Cheesy

Yeah, band is awesome.

In other news... 13 September 2008 - A Saturday. THE WETTEST DAY IN RECORDED CHICAGO HISTORY!!!! AND!!! WE ARE STILL GETTING RAIN!! Ike is coming people!!! The Des Plains is supposed to crest something like 1 - 2 feet ABOVE flood boundaries. Ike is all like KAPLOWAWOW!!!!

*sigh*

Let me see, Day 3 of this storm. Hours since beginning: ABT 46 hours. Time remaining: 12-24 hours.

And the sump pump keeps going off every 5 minutes or so. Roll Eyes

Tongue

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #1749 on: September 14, 2008, 11:35:20 AM »

Hang in there logical!!!
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1750 on: September 14, 2008, 01:17:15 PM »

We've been getting some very high winds here recently.  The gusts are so bad that it overturned some very heavy iron furniture in the common area of my apartment building.  I also thing something has knocked over a telephone pole by my parents house as I can't get a telephone connection to work to the house and the server which I keep there is offline.  I have some pictures of the wind which I will post when the server is back online.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1751 on: September 14, 2008, 01:26:36 PM »

Yeah, my dad power said was out all over Cincinnati. Certainly it's keeping the Bengals game from being an air game.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 01:37:49 PM by TraderJake » Logged

Hello World.
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #1752 on: September 14, 2008, 04:14:15 PM »

It's been starting to get gusty here in the last few hours. There were several branches in the road on my way home from work. I haven't hear of any power outages yet though.

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1753 on: September 15, 2008, 06:37:12 AM »

Aww... School... I... don't... wanna!!!!

Cry

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1754 on: September 15, 2008, 07:09:35 AM »

Yeah, my dad power said was out all over Cincinnati. Certainly it's keeping the Bengals game from being an air game.

As far as I know power is still out at my mom's house.  I can't really even get in touch with them when the power is out.  According to the Enquirer, there were 573,000 homes without power as of 7:00 AM , which translates to roughly 1.5 million people.  Because I am on a new power sub-station, my apartment building never lost power, even though most of the adjoining properties were without power.  I feel kinda lucky in that regard.  And of course my office has power and Internet access, so I don't get the day off like 75% of the city.  (I am posting this from work.  Shame on me.) 

Here is a nifty little app that shows where the substations without power are and the number of homes which do not have power. http://www.duke-energy.co...stoutages/maps/CGEmap.htm

Some more info: http://news.cincinnati.co...eferrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

This was over 1000 miles inland from where the hurricane hit land, I don't want to think about how long its going to take to get Houston back together. 

Also, anyone else wonder how Izret is doing?  I think he moved down to Galveston, TX which is where the storm made landfall.  Hope he and his family are all ok.

edit:
[img width=262 height=253]http://bp2.blogger.com/_J8rB91voDJ4/RZ8PPTkg4sI/AAAAAAAAAHY/WX0w6dMCyoc/s320/ike-pin.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 07:50:12 AM by Hydrobond » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length