RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 08:23:56 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 20 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 841614 times)
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #1590 on: September 02, 2008, 12:23:49 AM »

Because they are the government and you aren't. They can do a lot of things we can't do. They have a responsibility as the US government to do what they need to do to keep us safe.

Tan
« Reply #1591 on: September 02, 2008, 02:22:57 AM »

Why can 'The man' or 'big brother' or whatever you want to call the government record us, but we can't record our friends?

Because when you do it, it's for malicious intent or self-interest which puts the other party at a disadvantage and violates their civil rights.

When they do it, it's to try and protect society as a whole by making sure one individual, faction, or organization outside of the ruling government doesn't have power or influence over regular citizens or violate those same rights by misusing that information.

It's an imperfect system but still better than the alternatives in other parts of the world so don't take it for granted.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #1592 on: September 02, 2008, 05:38:24 AM »

This time next year, I'll still be driving, and being the operations caretaker for the roads I drive on. Hell, I do that now.
Can you specify what that means, please?

It's an imperfect system but still better than the alternatives in other parts of the world so don't take it for granted.
Right. Everything is better than civil war, war in general, dictatorship, genocide or communism.
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1593 on: September 02, 2008, 06:37:15 AM »

This time next year, I'll still be driving, and being the operations caretaker for the roads I drive on. Hell, I do that now.
Can you specify what that means, please?

Right. Everything is better than civil war, war in general, dictatorship, genocide or communism.

TJ is a Traffic Engineer. Plain and simple.

And on that other topic, I don't mind knowing that I may be being watched, but I do think that there are A LOT of flaws in the system.

Tell me about your variants...
ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« Reply #1594 on: September 02, 2008, 09:21:59 AM »

When they do it, it's to try and protect society as a whole by making sure one individual, faction, or organization outside of the ruling government doesn't have power or influence over regular citizens or violate those same rights by misusing that information.

Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither.-Benjamin franklin.
Tan
« Reply #1595 on: September 02, 2008, 10:16:36 AM »

Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither.-Benjamin franklin.

Yes I've heard that used like a thin shield on many occasions to try and steer the point away from the reality. As a revolutionist 300 years ago, one could believe and even strive to live in such ideals. The world was a much simpler place back then.

The system is flawed to be sure, but how do you otherwise try and stop someone from stealing your information half a world away comfortable in their non-extradition countries? Or set up charities and corporations in your backyard to fund their wars and terrorism of your own people and soldiers abroad? How do you stop and catch these groups if you don't look for them?

The answer is, you have to walk the fine line between Benjamin Franklin and George Orwell while trying to not influence society or change it.

If your not doing anything wrong, you've got nothing to fear. If someone is to have your info or test your civil rights, is it not better to have it be the government you vote into power than the organization or individual who can be anonymous or immune to prosecution?
ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States

Stats
« Reply #1596 on: September 02, 2008, 10:22:31 AM »

yeah, I guess thats true...
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #1597 on: September 02, 2008, 10:25:04 AM »

yeah, I guess thats true...
I second that.

If everyone could do whatever they please, the US would be an even unsafer place than it already is.
ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States

Stats
« Reply #1598 on: September 02, 2008, 09:06:49 PM »

uggh, school starts tommorow.  Its cool, because this year my friend is driving me to school in front of my dad, which would be extremely lame.  i'll probably go to bed around 10:30.
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #1599 on: September 02, 2008, 10:58:41 PM »

Rage Against the Machine tried to play an impromptu concert at the St. Paul capitol today, but were shut down before they could start. Instead, they sang a couple of songs a'capella through a megaphone, then led a march to the Xcel center.

http://www.myfoxtwincitie...ode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

There is a video on there. Check it out.
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #1600 on: September 02, 2008, 11:31:32 PM »

DESTROY EVERYTHING!!!!

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1601 on: September 03, 2008, 11:12:49 AM »

guncannon  Man I've always wanted to use that.  Tongue
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1602 on: September 03, 2008, 09:09:27 PM »

In other news...  Cool

Tell me about your variants...
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1603 on: September 04, 2008, 06:34:59 AM »

Poop I start school in an hour.  Goodbye summer Sad
Feechy
Neo Geo AES
United States

Stats
« Reply #1604 on: September 04, 2008, 07:29:02 AM »

That's not so bad, I'm in the middle of my third week of school.

<Alfador> stop trying to rain on my parade
<Kimoosabi> Your parade is stupid!
<Alfador> my parade is TIGHT
-
Crabmaster2000: dont talk to him or he'll try to sell you modded playstations
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length