RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 10:03:52 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 810900 times)
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #1155 on: July 23, 2008, 12:38:28 AM »

Better get started then. Fountain of Youth is somewhere South.

I'll start hitchhiking in the morning.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1156 on: July 23, 2008, 12:40:50 AM »

Good luck with that.  nod

Tell me about your variants...
UNFORGIVINGPAIN
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1157 on: July 23, 2008, 09:36:52 PM »

"Nintendo has lost in their attempt to have a patent-infringement verdict overturned and are now facing a US ban on their Wii Classic Controller, WaveBird controller and Nintendo GameCube controller. "  (source)
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1158 on: July 23, 2008, 09:38:04 PM »

Nintendo is rich. They could just buy the company.

Hello World.
ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« Reply #1159 on: July 23, 2008, 09:51:48 PM »

This is sad.  Nintendo has really, really, gone down the shitter.  its really sad to see them go from the N64 (which was wayyyy more awesome than the PS1) to the shit they have now.  I mean, DS was cool for a while, but theres nothing interesting anymore.  Theres only 1 game that I want for it that I don't have yet (contra 4), how ever, FF6 looks interesting. 

The wii is just sad.  It's cool if you have a group of friends over, but if your playing wii tennis alone, its kinda sad.  Plus, all of the first-party games, with the exceptions of mario galaxy and zelda:TP (which you can get for gamecube), are watered down.  Metroid isn't, but im not a fan of metroid.  Take a look at the new mario kart game, they tried integrate the damn controls, it sucks!  All of the 3-rd party games you can get for other systems for $10 more, and they have more uses (online play, sometimes more storyline) and better graphics.  And look at what their doing with the portable games!!!  Phantom hourglass is terrible!!!! I hate to see us going from the oracle of ages/oracle of seasons to minish-trash (which was actually alright) to this!!! its sad!

It's just sad to see them making the NES/SNES/GB/N64 games I grew up playing to this. 

And last but not least, they really made an ass out of themselves, they basically ditched all of the people that stayed loyal during the N64/GC years for a new audience.  I really hope they get a hint and don't turn into sega.
Mr. Ksoft
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #1160 on: July 23, 2008, 10:52:38 PM »

Totally with ya on that.
Pretty much the only thing I've known on the home console and handheld front is Nintendo.  Apart from PC games, all I owned until this year was Nintendo stuff, and I loved it.  However, with the Wii, I've been so terribly disappointed.  A couple of first-party titles (Metroid, Mario Galaxy, and Brawl) and a single third-party title (Elebits) have held my attention, but apart from that I've felt I'm wasting my money because pretty much everything else I've picked up has been either bad or mediocre.  For the first time ever, I am considering buying non-Nintendo hardware because I feel that they've finally lost it.  Now that they've found an audience that is raking them in more money than us Gamecube fans ever did, they've dumped us.
PS2, PSP, Xbox 360... here I come.  Well, as soon as I have some money as it's all gone to waste on Wii shovelware. :/  Hopefully my birthday next week will give me a push towards one.

Interesting stuff:
Monochrome Nightmares (self-made games)
Exploding Jellyfish (self-made music)
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #1161 on: July 23, 2008, 11:38:25 PM »

N64 better than the PS1? Right.

I got mine when I was your age, and thought the same thing about that console as you do about the Wii. It suffered from the same issue: lack of quality games that appeal to a more mature gamer. The 'Cube was a little different, but it was still technologically inferior compared to the other systems that were out at the time. You might not remember, but because of the horrible Gamecube sales, rumors were rampant that Nintendo would be getting out of the console market and moving specifically to games.

You might as just deal with the reality that this is what Nintendo is always going to be.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1162 on: July 24, 2008, 10:00:41 AM »

I'm off to an important job interview for a job I actually really want.  Lips Sealed I'm quite nervous about it.
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1163 on: July 24, 2008, 10:56:04 AM »

Good luck with your interview James!

Our router died, and now I have to use my mom's pos computer to go on the internet. Damn! It just randomly stopped working, and I tryed all of my nerdy techneques out on it. None of them worked! It is definatly bricked.  Undecided

AND!!! None of my consoles are hooked up right now. I had to take them down because we are having work done on our basement IN 2 WEEKS! My dad said to get them down today or tommorow. Oh well... I have my PSP and Brand NEW old DS that I got yesterday with Tetris DS.

Tell me about your variants...
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1164 on: July 24, 2008, 11:30:23 AM »

[img width=490 height=606]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa309/chili_020/noels.jpg[/img]

Back

When shall his new form be revealed?
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1165 on: July 24, 2008, 11:37:09 AM »

That totally explains it.

Hello World.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1166 on: July 24, 2008, 01:16:45 PM »

I think my interview was only average. Sad I didn't ooze confidence, which I think let me down. In fact, the interviewer asked why I looked nervous. I said "Because I really want this job and I'm putting pressure on myself."

It was a group of candidates in a room, watching a slideshow about how great the job is (They certainly sold it to me very well). Then we had a general knowlwedge questionnaire with questions like "Who is the current Prime Minister?" and "What was the cost of the A8 in the showroom?" I got the A8 question wrong, even though it was the first car you saw going in through the door. >_< Then they took individuals into another office and had a personal interview. That's where I tried to show I was mechanically minded with my Mini that I'm fixing up, but my nerves got the better of me.

Having said that, my interview was twice as long as everyone else's. The others before me were out in 5-10 minutes and mine was nearly 20 minutes. Cheesy

I'm going to be hounding myself until next week when they phone everyone now. Sad
ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« Reply #1167 on: July 24, 2008, 02:42:29 PM »

I'm mad.  I go into goodwill with $2.  The first thing I see is 5 joe satriani CD's and 3 dream theatre cd's.  Of course, there $2 each, so I could only buy one and wouldn't have enough money for tax.  So I start looking some more and realize that theres a whole-friggin-commodore 64 set for $5.  And of course, my mother didn't have $3 to spare.  Plus, it would take up to much space in my house.  So I end up buying a stephen king book, "needful things" hardcover for like $1.50.  I plan on reading it as soon as im done with the talisman, which im almost done with.  As im walking out, I see The evil dead collectors VHS for $1.  And of course, my mom wouldn't borrow me  fifty cents.
Tan
« Reply #1168 on: July 24, 2008, 02:46:16 PM »

I'm mad.  I go into goodwill with $2.  The first thing I see is 5 joe satriani CD's and 3 dream theatre cd's.  Of course, there $2 each, so I could only buy one and wouldn't have enough money for tax.  So I start looking some more and realize that theres a whole-friggin-commodore 64 set for $5.  And of course, my mother didn't have $3 to spare.  Plus, it would take up to much space in my house.  So I end up buying a stephen king book, "needful things" hardcover for like $1.50.  I plan on reading it as soon as im done with the talisman, which im almost done with.  As im walking out, I see The evil dead collectors VHS for $1.  And of course, my mom wouldn't borrow me  fifty cents.

Don't highschool students work over the summer anymore? You sound like you need a job, letting all that stuff get away from you for less than $21 or so.
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1169 on: July 24, 2008, 02:58:00 PM »

The lack of peeps in chat is sad.

Hello World.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length