RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 02:47:13 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 804813 times)
Tan
« Reply #1035 on: July 12, 2008, 05:55:37 PM »

Culvers is awesome.

one of my 'friends' thought it would be funny about a year ago to sign me up for the big brothers big sisters program.  Luckily he told me, and I kinda forgot about it...until today.

I get a call from the program today saying i'm scheduled to meet a 5 year old black girl named nocka-locka next saturday in chicago.  Thats 2 1/2 hours away!!!! She has deformities, and i'd have to spend the day with her, taking her to the museum and mcd's and stuff.  so I told them the story and hopefully his moms home when they call and he's gone.

I'm kinda mad, but I also find this hilarious and sad at the same time.

Would it really be so bad to take a bus trip to Chicago and do something nice for someone? Sure it was a bad practical joke but it'd be even more lame to back out of it. You might even enjoy yourself.
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #1036 on: July 12, 2008, 06:28:47 PM »

Agree with Tan on this one.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« Reply #1037 on: July 12, 2008, 06:35:01 PM »

yeah, but now my friend's doing it.  I kinda feel bad for the kid, because there going to be stuck with someone who doesn't want to do it.
Tan
« Reply #1038 on: July 12, 2008, 06:47:17 PM »

yeah, but now my friend's doing it.  I kinda feel bad for the kid, because there going to be stuck with someone who doesn't want to do it.

You've had a year to sort this out, and now a 5 year old who's probably looking forward to a fun adventure will get stuck with someone who has no interest in being a Big Brother for a day. I suppose it's a good thing we have no Karma system anymore, that's one of the most cruel things I've ever heard on this forum. Sad
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1039 on: July 12, 2008, 08:33:06 PM »

He already had like -11 for some reason.

Also:

bawwwwwwwwwwwwww

When shall his new form be revealed?
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1040 on: July 12, 2008, 08:35:33 PM »

You've had a year to sort this out, and now a 5 year old who's probably looking forward to a fun adventure will get stuck with someone who has no interest in being a Big Brother for a day. I suppose it's a good thing we have no Karma system anymore, that's one of the most cruel things I've ever heard on this forum. Sad

I think everyone was spamming gannon and giving him multiple smites per day. That's why they made it harder to applaud and smite.

But yeah, Tan is right. That is kind of cruel to that kid.

Tell me about your variants...
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1041 on: July 12, 2008, 09:23:32 PM »

blah

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« Reply #1042 on: July 12, 2008, 10:17:42 PM »

I didn't even know about this until now, when they called me.  My friend told me a while ago and I figured nothing would happen.
Seamar
RFG Football Ass Kicker
Jaguar CD
United States
Awards: General Ass Kicker

Stats
« Reply #1043 on: July 12, 2008, 10:40:57 PM »

I didn't even know about this until now, when they called me.  My friend told me a while ago and I figured nothing would happen.

That makes no sense. So your friend told you a while ago, and yet you didn't know about it until now? This is not in the least bit "hilarious". I know first hand how much these kids look forward to doing something with someone they look up to. It's just a shame they were unfortunate enough to be paired up with one of you two. Damn the luck.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 10:43:46 PM by Seamar » Logged
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1044 on: July 12, 2008, 10:52:22 PM »

Damn the luck.

Indeed, but do you really think this was luck? Shouldn't this be called 'the unfortunate', not 'the luck'?

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1045 on: July 12, 2008, 11:47:16 PM »

That makes no sense. So your friend told you a while ago, and yet you didn't know about it until now? This is not in the least bit "hilarious". I know first hand how much these kids look forward to doing something with someone they look up to. It's just a shame they were unfortunate enough to be paired up with one of you two. Damn the luck.

TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM!

When shall his new form be revealed?
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1046 on: July 13, 2008, 01:09:03 PM »

Nice to see things haven't changed with ganon...

Hope everyone else has been doing alright.

I am still trying to find a internet provider who actually works and isn't astronimically expensive...
I'm using the "mother inlaws" internet right now... to pay our 294.04$ electric bill, which is fucking rediculous to say the least. We got the front door re-weatherstripped so now we just need to do all the other windows and the sliding door and then maybe all the cool air won't blow out of the apartment...

I got a tat a couple days ago. (I'll try and get a pic up eventually in the long forgotten tattoo thread) Mortal Kombat dragon big surprise huh?

Rowan is doing good. About 20 lbs now trying to walk but mostly just trying to stand and walk. No teeth quite yet.

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1047 on: July 13, 2008, 04:30:24 PM »

Izret! Nice to have you back finally! We were getting worried that you had ditched us! laugh

Good luck with finding a good interweb provider though... It's a pain in ze butt.  Undecided

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1048 on: July 14, 2008, 08:10:14 AM »

Balls. Sad I had a package due today but I also had to go to work. "No worries," I thought. "I'll just collect it from the post office this afternoon if they tried to deliver it with no one in". When I got back from work, there was a note saying a package couldn't be delivered. On the back of the note it says the opening times for the collection office are 07:00 - 13:00. Undecided 1pm seems very, very early for them to close.

I might go over there anyway because I want it NOW! Grin
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1049 on: July 14, 2008, 08:52:23 AM »

So... Let me get this straight... In the UK, the post office actually cares for your packages if you are not home when they are delivered? That is awesome! Here in the good old USofA, they just throw the package between the door and get on with their job. Yet another reason why America need reform.  nod

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length