RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 07:13:48 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Collecting goals for 2008 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print
Author Topic: Collecting goals for 2008  (Read 21489 times)
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2008, 08:39:10 AM »

Well, since I am hovering at 190 games right now, I want 200! And 250! And 300! By the end of this year. I'm gonna focus on yard sales a lot this spring and summer, looking for good deals.

Small goals are:

Get Mario 2 & 3 for the NES
Get all the MegaMan Games for the NES
Get all Sonic games released on the NTSC Genny including variants CIB (I'm about a third done)

Very doable, i'd say.

200 games - DONE!
Mario 2&3 - DONE!
All genny sonic vars CIB - Edging ever closer to done

Tell me about your variants...
Game Freak
N-Gage
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2008, 11:58:25 AM »

wow, late start.  but im pretty sure i have a chance of reaching my goal.  I want 600 games across my family (475-500 for myself alone)  We currently have 515, 422 of them are mine.  I would also like to have a few of the better Atari games.  All i have of notoriety (That i think are really good) are asteroids, pitfall II, video pinball, space invaders, haunted house, and combat. 

I also plan to get my dad's Apple IIe out of my his parents's house, and his Atari 2600 out of my mom's parents's house.

Finally, i am hoping i could get my uncle's SNES off his hands, as he never uses it -_-

[img width=500 height=150]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f266/gamefreak360/siggies/GFN3.png[/img]
Consoles on my Wishlist:
Commodore 64      Sega CD     Sega Dreamcast
pvtmurre
N-Gage
Sweden

Stats

Champion of

More>>
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2008, 03:51:48 PM »

Well I would like to get all the Tony Hawk games but I'm not really trying...

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2008, 06:06:36 PM »

My goals for 2008 (or what's left of it anyway) are:

1. Buying some fun games, new or old, doesn't matter....they'll be most likely old (& used) because I dislike how games are getting more and more expensive (like €70 for a new PS3 game) with each generation. Or so it seems...

2. Getting a N64, Sega Dreamcast, Gamecube and maybe Xbox on eBay. To me, it doesn't matter whether they are boxed or not, so this shouldn't be too hard. Already got an Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Master System and Mega Drive, so I'm about halfway in the consoles I want.
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2008, 03:12:39 PM »

Man... I am rapidly approaching 300 games. As of now, I am at 247 total games. I MUST hit 300 by the years end!! With b-day and x-mas both in December, I think it will be very easy...  nod

modest9797
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2008, 07:50:52 PM »

Man... I am rapidly approaching 300 games. As of now, I am at 247 total games. I MUST hit 300 by the years end!! With b-day and x-mas both in December, I think it will be very easy...  nod

My birthday is in December too.  And I am 14 too.
shylock
N-Gage
Canada

Stats
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2008, 08:52:43 PM »

My goals are as follows:

bring my collection to 200 games
sell 0 games
Beat 30 games

Given what will be presumably smaller budget than usual I can't go higher than that. Hopefully I will be able to beat these goals easily. I have around 165 games right now so that means buy 35 games in just over 4 months without breaking the bank. I have beaten 17 games so far this year so I think trying to beat 13 more in 4 months while going to school 20 hours a week and working 16 hours a week is a fair goal. Selling 0 games is basically me keeping my impulses in line. For about 8 years of my gaming life I had traded 0 games in but once I started it was like a drug. "hey I want that new game I see, well let's just sell some of these games to pay for it" was basically my thinking for the last 8 years.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2008, 05:05:25 AM »

"hey I want that new game I see, well let's just sell some of these games to pay for it" was basically my thinking for the last 8 years.
Never sell your old games or systems, because you'll regret doing so in the end and spend some more money on buying them back.
shylock
N-Gage
Canada

Stats
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2008, 05:15:38 AM »

Never sell your old games or systems, because you'll regret doing so in the end and spend some more money on buying them back.
So true. I have regretted selling all of them.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2008, 05:48:26 AM »

So true. I have regretted selling all of them.
Well, then make sure that that goal gets maintained. Smiley Otherwise your collection will only shrink, because it (probably) takes more than one game to sell, to get a new one.

Besides, not buying new games is a good thing. 6 months later, you'll be able to find that same game (probably still new, too) for half the money it was when it was brand-new. Think of all the money you'll save by waiting for the price to drop, it's a win-win situation. nod
shylock
N-Gage
Canada

Stats
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2008, 11:15:19 AM »

Well, then make sure that that goal gets maintained. Smiley Otherwise your collection will only shrink, because it (probably) takes more than one game to sell, to get a new one.

Besides, not buying new games is a good thing. 6 months later, you'll be able to find that same game (probably still new, too) for half the money it was when it was brand-new. Think of all the money you'll save by waiting for the price to drop, it's a win-win situation. nod
It is a win-win and really I have no reason to buy new games as  I have 90 games I own that are still unbeaten. it does take a lot of games to get a new game. Lats time I traded in it took 6 PS3 games and 2 PS2 games to buy 3 N64 games and Mass Effect for PC.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2008, 11:32:05 AM »

I want to complete my Star Fox, F-Zero, and Metroid series complete in box by the end of this year.  So far I need:

Star Fox
-Star Fox 64 complete

F-Zero
-F-Zero Box and Manual
-F-Zero Maximum Velocity
-F-Zero X Box and Manual

Metroid
-Metroid Complete
-Metroid II Box and Manual
-Super Metroid Complete
-Metroid Prime 3 Complete

I want just the US releases and I don't really want to get both versions of them (like the rumble pak and the Player's Choice versions of Star Fox)

Edit: Forgot F-Zero X Box and Manual Sad
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 08:09:19 AM by blcklblskt » Logged
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2008, 11:52:00 AM »

I want to complete my Star Fox, F-Zero, and Metroid series complete in box by the end of this year.  So far I need:

Star Fox
-Star Fox 64 complete

F-Zero
-F-Zero Box and Manual
-F-Zero Maximum Velocity

Metroid
-Metroid Complete
-Metroid II Box and Manual
-Super Metroid Complete
-Metroid Prime 3 Complete

I want just the US releases and I don't really want to get both versions of them (like the rumble pak and the Player's Choice versions of Star Fox)

That shouldn't be too hard, especially if you use e(vil)bay. Smiley

Good luck! You are actually quite far, are you not?

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2008, 12:11:47 PM »

Yup F-Zero and Star Fox series should be done quite soon. Smiley

I'm probably gonna get a sealed copy of F-Zero on ebay (they're pretty common and cheap), and I'm bidding on a Maximum Velocity now, so hopefully those will be done this week.

Star Fox 64 should be easy to find, but the price may be too prohibitive.  I'm looking for one under $10, so hopefully that will happen soon.

Metroid will take a little longer and a little more money though... Sad
Haoie
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2008, 01:45:44 AM »

I'd like to reach 222 PS1 games. Currently around 200 or so.

Also I'd like to count my games again and actually make a proper list for once!!

If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length