RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 07:26:16 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Collecting goals for 2008 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print
Author Topic: Collecting goals for 2008  (Read 21491 times)
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2008, 09:18:09 PM »

I don't think F-Zero X was PC, sooooo, I guess for an uber-complete collection I would need

F-Zero Box and Man (non PC)
F-Zero GX complete (PC)

Smiley
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 02:51:32 PM by blcklblskt » Logged
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2008, 11:28:31 AM »

I'd like to break 2,000 games, but the chances are not very good for that. 
I also really want to set up a booth at the local flea market for a couple weekends. I've said it before, but I never actually do it. But, I'm becoming overwhelmed with extra games and systems, so it's becoming necessary. 

Forgot that I also need to find a Sega Master System.

I finally got a SMS. I now have all the old consoles I want.

And I'm pretty close to breaking the 2,000 mark. I don't think I will make it, but I should be close.

And the flea market season is pretty much over and I never set up a booth, but I did trade a lot of stuff at the flea market, so I kind of accomplished that goal.

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2008, 11:47:13 AM »

Well, I was at 296 games about 3 weeks ago, and now I am down to 290. BUT!!! With the arrival of Crabmaster's package, and another package, I will be at (I think) 297. And guess what? With the arrival of all these things, I will only need 2 more Sonic game variants for the Genesis: Sonic 1 NFR and Sonic 3 Mega Hits! I am soooooo CLose!!!

Tell me about your variants...
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2008, 12:20:32 PM »

I finally got a SMS. I now have all the old consoles I want.
Ah, that's a great place to be in. Smiley I still need a couple of consoles myself (but I've won a Dreamcast auction, so that should arrive somewhere next week) and then I'm "done" with buying consoles myself.

I look forward to only having to buy/look for games instead of having to spend money on the consoles themselves.
otaku
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2008, 12:54:42 PM »

Goals: Build up a nice neo geo aes collection and a nice wonderswan collection
Moriya Hanzo
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2008, 06:39:53 PM »

To get me a Turbo Duo or a PC Engine.

Feechy
Neo Geo AES
United States

Stats
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2008, 06:56:35 PM »

For now, I need to finish my Mother Collection and to get 5 more TG16 games this year.

<Alfador> stop trying to rain on my parade
<Kimoosabi> Your parade is stupid!
<Alfador> my parade is TIGHT
-
Crabmaster2000: dont talk to him or he'll try to sell you modded playstations
shadowforte
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2008, 04:49:44 PM »

Well, as the year is coming to a close, my final goals are:

Top 100 Games (5 away last time I counted, and all 5 are going to be 2600 games)
Top 10 Boxed/Complete 2600 Games (which I will finish when I finish the goal above this one)

And, if I have the time/money:

Get a another complete mega man game for the nes.
cyberfluxor
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2008, 12:14:55 PM »

So closing to nearly a year ago I posted:
Systems:
Buy two original Playstation systems for link play.
Purchase a 3DO or Turbo Duo.
Find a good Xbox, prefer CIB.

Games:
Import a dozen new Saturn games.
Add at least another 15 CIB Atari 5200 games.
Complete a few dozen more Genesis, Nintendo, Super Nintendo and 2600 games.
Purchase some new duplicate PC games for my laptop to play over LAN with the desktop.

Of course I'm always happy to find anything in the wild so my collection will expand either way but those are my main concentrations.

And from what has happened:

Systems:
Buy two original Playstation systems for link play.
- Nope, though it almost happened twice this year.

Purchase a 3DO or Turbo Duo.
- Found a Duo in the wild and bought several games. Looking into modding it sometime next year for PC-Engine play.

Find a good Xbox, prefer CIB.
- Bought an Xbox from a local game store a few months back, no box or manuals though.

Games:
Import a dozen new Saturn games.
- Earlier this year (Feb-Mar) I imported 38 on eBay and bought 3 more from conventions.

Add at least another 15 CIB Atari 5200 games.
- Only gained 7, but I may go back to a store and get some more they had. Smiley

Complete a few dozen more Genesis, Nintendo, Super Nintendo and 2600 games.
- Bought some more CIB games, but didn't complete any loose carts. Sad

Purchase some new duplicate PC games for my laptop to play over LAN with the desktop.
- No duplicates but bought a lot of new PC games that run on the desktop, but laptop can't handle.

I'd say I've done a good job and didn't keep a list by my side either. I just speculated what would happen. LOL
One thing I didn't see happening was I purchased my first cocktail cab! I've been cleaning it up as it works great, just the control panels have wear+tear from use. I'll finally bring it inside once it's looking nice.

Collecting CIB 5200 Atari and Sega Saturn games.
Check out my domain
I will purge your base for resources.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #99 on: November 29, 2008, 02:03:21 PM »

My goals:

maintain over 1,000 games

complete Game.Com (games hardware will just be extras)
complete Pico (not including Storyware Sampler)
complete HyperScan(game discs not Trading Cards)
Complete US Mortal Kombat home console releases

Reach 200 PS2 games
Reach 200 Xbox games
Reach 50 Wii games

Get (dual game cart) Mortal Kombat/Mortal Kombat II for GB CIB
Get an Xbox 360

Since i seperated my games, hardware and demos i am nowhere near any of my specific number goals.

I might get lucky and get a 360 before the year is out for a gift though i doubt it.

I believe the last HyperScan game i ned is Spiderman so there is the chance i might make that goal.

Everything else is a wash out.

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2008, 04:25:23 PM »

I don't think I'm necessarily looking to add a huge quantity of games to my collection, more-so looking to clean up the incomplete games that I already have (oh how you elude me, Contra Force manual) while adding a few more of the 'staple' games that I am missing.

My ultimate goal of 2008 will be to track down a complete NES Deluxe set.

Haven't really completed either of my goals. I didn't really add that many games to my collection (at least, it doesn't seem like I did), but I don't think I completed any of my loose/partially completed games, and I certainly didn't find a Deluxe set that I could afford. Better luck next year.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #101 on: December 03, 2008, 01:19:22 AM »

I'm going to start focusing on the NES this year so my goals are:

-Bring total NES carts owned to over 400 different titles
-All 6 Megaman games
-Get a copy of Little Samson
-Get 3 NES accessories I currently dont own (NES Advantage, Multitap, ROB, or Power Pad)

This really didnt happen at all. I had a scattered focus again this year. I got a few great NES titles, but no where near 400 yet.

1 out of 6 Megaman titles, and definately so Little Samson yet.

I did however get 3 different NES accessories, although not the ones I intended to get. Grabbed a Quickshot, NES Max and U-Force Controller. Quickshot is kinda useless, but the NES Max is really great if only for the extra couple feet of cord it gives you and the U-Force is a ton of fun to just goof around with.

I think I'll really put some more thought into my collecting goals for this coming year and set some that are much more appropriate.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
asz22
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2008, 01:02:30 PM »

I really want to finish my color dreams collection for the Nes and get three new systems or maybe 50 more nes games.
Grim Fandango
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2008, 03:38:45 AM »

Here were my goals for 2008

Complete 32x. I have 25 of the 36 games. Not a lot of progress on this one, but at least I got Spiderman haha.
250 genesis games. Currently have 173. Most of my time spend on the Genesis this year was getting boxes for the lose games I have. Out of those 173, only 27 are loose carts. Hightlights of the games I picked up are TMNT Hyperstone Heist, Gunstar Heroes and Shining Force.
125 saturn games Didn't really find a lot of these this year, only have 61. Saturn stuff is pretty scarce in my area, especially complete games.
75 dreamcast Close! As of now I have 70. Guess I'll ask for a few DC games for xmas :p
35 sms I really can't get into SMS all that much Sad I think I got Rampage, thats about it. Sorry Master System.
35 sega cd 21. About doubled my total from last year, all on one goodwill score. Robo Aleste is pretty fun.

I got some other cool stuff that I wasn't expecting this year like a Jag/Jag CD and a TurboExpress, so while I didn't get anywhere near a lot of my goals it was still a good year
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 03:36:56 PM by Grim Fandango » Logged

[img width=300 height=225]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4282/supcatwv6.jpg[/img]

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=wallydawg[/img]
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #104 on: December 08, 2008, 10:30:39 AM »

I'd like to break 2,000 games, but the chances are not very good for that. 
I also really want to set up a booth at the local flea market for a couple weekends. I've said it before, but I never actually do it. But, I'm becoming overwhelmed with extra games and systems, so it's becoming necessary. 

Forgot that I also need to find a Sega Master System.

I got 1.5 out of 3 goals.
I didn't reach a total of 2,000 games, but I came pretty close with 1,935 games. I'm fairly certain that I had not sold or traded anything away, I would have passed 2,000 though. So I failed that one.

I also didn't set up a booth at the flea market, but I did trade a lot of games to vendors there and I did sell quite a bit of stuff here and DP, so I say that was 1/2 accomplished.

And the only goal I really truly accomplished was getting the SMS. I got one and all the hookups, controllers and ton of games for it.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length