RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2024, 05:35:54 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Water 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: Do you mostly drink bottled water or tap water and why?
Tap   -17 (70.8%)
Bottled   -7 (29.2%)
Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Water  (Read 5052 times)
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« on: October 26, 2007, 09:41:33 AM »

Tap. My water is city processed and tastes fine. I see no reason to buy bottled water.

Also I think that bottled water is a scam. After all Evian spelled backwards is "Naive". Cool

ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 10:28:14 AM »

tap, its cheap and tastes better.
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 10:29:03 AM »

Bottled only when I lived off campus at Purdue.  And I have good reason:

My tap water from time to time.
[img width=588 height=469]http://www.hydrobond.net/index/2006.10.25/2006.10.25.jpg[/img]

Now that I have moved to Dayton, the city water is just fine. But I still buy bottles of water for when I'm not going to be near a sink.  It's not that big of a rip off.  24 16.9oz bottles are $3.99, and a gallon is $.79.  
Why can't all water be as good as Cincy water???

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 10:46:13 AM »

I buy gallon jugs of bottled water and drink that.  If I'm cooking or mixing water with kool-aid or anything else I use tap.  I have well water at my house but I prefer the bottled water for drinking

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 11:22:47 AM »

Also I think that bottled water is a scam. After all Evian spelled backwards is "Naive". Cool
LOL! Nice one.

Yeah, tap water's fine enough here.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 12:00:44 PM »

I usually drink tap water, but drink bottled when I'm on the go.  But lately I've been re-filling bottles with tap water and using that when I'm in class or driving.  I've been using the same bottles for about 4 weeks now. 
I also drink spring water.  We get it straight from th spring ourselves and put it in 5 gallon bottles. 

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 12:40:49 PM »

Cincinnati has the finest tap water the world over. I drink that.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 01:47:44 PM »

I live in AZ and before that CA. Some of teh worst tasting tap water anywhere. Bottled for me.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 02:33:01 PM »

After all Evian spelled backwards is "Naive". Cool

Keep in mind that is were conferences were held to discuss Nazi germany and what to do with Jew refugees lol

Anyways i use to drink a gallon or more of tap a day.
Down here i drink tap still but filtered.

Also damn near every state i have been thru in the south has had shitty water.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 02:42:02 PM »

Now that I have moved to Dayton, the city water is just fine. But I still buy bottles of water for when I'm not going to be near a sink.  It's not that big of a rip off.  24 16.9oz bottles are $3.99, and a gallon is $.79. 
Why can't all water be as good as Cincy water???

Water Prices

Everest
On island   6pack of water 1.50 off island .99    singles .86    gallons 1.30

Dasani
1.20-1.60 for a single of varying size 24pack 6 bucks

Fiji
1.50-1.80ish depending on size

SmartWater
1.60ish

Evian
1.60-1.80

Ice(on island prices)
Ice cup .27
5lbs 1.83
10lbs 3.23

Water is far to expensive here. But we sell a TON of it

OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 03:16:26 PM »

best damn tap water here in Sothern MN.  I used to live in central Illinois and it always tasted somewhat funny, didn't stop me from drinking.  I guess its the difference between drinking from wells compared to treating dirty river water.

A side thought, its amazing to see clear standing water in a natural environment.  Most of us in the south, midwest, and western US are used to seeing dirty, polluted rivers...  I found it a big surprise when I went to the boundry waters near Ely, MN to find that the lakes there are clear.  You can clearly see down 20 feet into the water.  I'm used to boiling or using purifying tablets on lake and stream water from backpacking trips, but I was surprised when my brother drank it straight without getting ill.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 03:21:24 PM by OatBob » Logged

it's thinking
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2007, 04:30:10 PM »

Good ol' Cincinnati Tap. The only difference betweeen it and DaSani is that Tap water is required by law to be chlorinated, because we civil and environmental engineers care about your safety. Our water also is purified in one of the most advanced treatment plants in the world. It's a perk of being the Large Scale Testing Facility for UC's water quality team.

Hello World.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2007, 05:02:02 PM »

The worst tap water I've ever had was in Spain. I think they added bleach or maybe sourced it straight from the swimming pool. Whatever they did, it was probably to make people spend £4 on a 250ml bottle of water from the minibar.

The tapwater in my area has a faint sweetness to it. I like it. I've only had bottled water a few times before and I couldn't see what the point was.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2007, 06:35:04 PM »

The worst tap water I've ever had was in Spain. I think they added bleach or maybe sourced it straight from the swimming pool. Whatever they did, it was probably to make people spend £4 on a 250ml bottle of water from the minibar.

The tapwater in my area has a faint sweetness to it. I like it. I've only had bottled water a few times before and I couldn't see what the point was.

Thanks for the tip on Spain. Tongue

It's amazing that bottled water is a multi-billion$ industry. If your tap water is good there should be no reason to buy it bottled, but so many people have conditioned themselves to do so.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2007, 12:38:33 PM »

I have been alot of places where the water tasted like pool water.(Chicopee, MA was all pool water)

It is because it is over chlorinated.
THey can't put bleach in water.

Flourine doesn't mess with the taste IMO

Also i have never had any good well water. It always tastes like sulfer or hard water.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length