RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 19, 2024, 03:25:20 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Worst Game Ever! 0 Members and 27 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Worst Game Ever!  (Read 23495 times)
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2007, 09:20:16 PM »

E.T. sucks ass.  I know of more frustrating games, and it isn't as bad as most people make it out to be. (RtFM foo!)  That still doesn't change the fact that it is of faulty design due to severely short development time to mete production deadlines.

it's thinking
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2007, 07:50:01 AM »

For those not already in the know of why it's hated by so many, read this little sniplet from Wiki

Reputedly coded in just six weeks, this game was rushed to the market for the 1982 holiday season, and it was based (very loosely) on the popular E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial movie. The game was hard to play, simplistic and took place mostly in pits that the player had to somehow levitate out of. It was expected to sell millions, and even director Steven Spielberg seemed excited about the idea of having his hit movie made into a video game. Word of mouth spread fast but the video game sold extremely poorly during the holidays and beyond. Expectations were so high for this game by Atari, that warehouses were filled with cartridges for the would-be rush of buyers running to get the game. It turned out that the game was such a huge disaster, that millions of unsold excess cartridges ended up buried in a landfill in the New Mexico desert.[32] The game is thought to be one of the main causes of the video game crash of 1983 and contributed to how Atari went from the US's greatest games publisher to a laughing stock. It is widely considered to be one of the first big video game flops ever.
The scale of the E.T. disaster has become almost legendary and the game is still well known nearly 25 years after its publication, despite the fact that few gamers today will have played the game. E.T. was ranked in 21st place in GameSpy's "25 Dumbest Moments in Video Game History".[33] More recently, the game (and its creation process) was parodied extensively in an episode of the G4 TV show Code Monkeys.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2007, 06:15:35 AM »

No one likes that damn thing...
laugh

Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2007, 01:20:44 AM »

Yet not a mention of Double Dragon V on the SNES.

It's not the worst game ever but it's rather close to it.  Atleast in the top 10.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Fuyukaze[/img]
[img width=470 height=155]http://gamercards.exophase.com/69469.png[/img]
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2007, 12:16:05 PM »

bad games.... what about all them evil arcade games that are either so hard of have such a tight time limit that they literally just steal you money.

Double Dragon for instance with bad collision detection you just cant get anywhere without multiple continues yet it became a classic???

i cant remember its name but the Namco shooter arcade game that gives you an MP5K and a shield comes up when you press the pedal, its like death in 2 minutes at a quid a go utter crap.

C&C 3 for the PC played the demo its just shit nothing new in fact not even as good as Tiberian Sun and that about7 years old.

and as i cant think of any more i will have to go for all them shitty EA "update" sport games that come out ever year and get bought in the 1000's by pikeys i fucking HATE FIFA games! Smiley

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2007, 12:32:08 PM »

C&C 3 for the PC played the demo its just shit nothing new in fact not even as good as Tiberian Sun and that about7 years old.

Demko was lame.
Pick up the actual game.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2007, 05:13:13 AM »

Ah EA Sports, never fail to disappoint me.... although I think it's intentional to be honest to get your hopes up that the next update will finally be just right.

I don't get it though, back in the 16bit era, EA Sports titles absolutely rocked.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2007, 06:46:45 AM »

Shaggy's Scariest game poll this week is actually what reminded me of this one.

Barney's Hide & Seek Game

Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2007, 06:42:17 AM »

Shaggy's Scariest game poll this week is actually what reminded me of this one.

Barney's Hide & Seek Game

Actually Barney's Hide and Seek is quite a good game for the younger generation.

hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2007, 10:20:17 PM »

I'm gonna get flak for this but my vote goes to EverQuest. I played it for like 5 minutes and never looked back. God that game is awful. I still to this day couldn't understand how my friend could play that flaming pile of crap for 2 days straight.

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2007, 11:02:52 PM »

Yet not a mention of Double Dragon V on the SNES.

It's not the worst game ever but it's rather close to it.  Atleast in the top 10.

This is absolutely true. I picked up this game b/c I love the Double Dragon series. BUT THIS GAME SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I quit about 2 min. into that game.
Tan
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2007, 12:02:10 AM »

Motocross Mania 3 for the PS2/Xbox. This game brings a new level of suckability only a whore or a Hoover can match. In fact it's so bad it has earned a place in my most hated games list on my staff page. Worst $2.99 I ever spent on a game.  laugh

Broken gameplay, graphics a decade out of date, bikes that handle like limos in a slalom course, pop-in that looks like Mr. Scott having fun with his transporters, and that's the good points of this game.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2007, 02:04:17 AM »

We need to rate more games...

Some pretty good ones on bottom 25

When shall his new form be revealed?
Kevincal
Donor
United States
Awards: RFG Promoter

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2007, 12:57:17 AM »

Hmm...Barbie Supermodel on the Genesis? LOL...

Naw actually, the worst game ever has got to be on the 2600 or older console...  The dinosaur days of games...

Cherish the most important things in life, your health & family.
ColecoVisionist
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2007, 09:27:45 AM »

Air Lock for the Atari 2600. It's mercifully short and painfully bad.

http://brettweisswords.blogspot.com/

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length