RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 19, 2024, 03:22:16 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Worst Game Ever! 0 Members and 17 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print
Author Topic: Worst Game Ever!  (Read 23483 times)
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2009, 11:16:34 PM »

I apparently voted for Illusion of Gaia, which probably isn't the worst game I've ever played. I think I was just bitter at that time. Honestly, I'm not even sure what I'd consider my least favorite game of all time. Red Alert for the Virtual Boy was pretty shatty, but that system is at such a disadvantage I feel bad voting for it. Hmm.. I'm gonna have to put some more thought into this one...

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2009, 01:05:34 AM »

Perfect Assassin is probably always going to be my least liked game. Although I do remember returning Bart vs. The Space Mutants for the Mega Drive to the store because I disliked it that much. I exchanged it for Ghost Busters. Smiley

NayusDante
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2009, 11:33:35 PM »

To be perfectly honest, I dislike more aspects of Halo than any other game that I can think of:

-The Metroid rip-offs - From Master Chief's visor to the "flood," to the space-pirate-looking enemies, to the ending, I saw Metroid everywhere. Not tributes to Metroid, but blatant rip-offs of beloved Metroid elements.
-The shield system - Seriously, shields belong on ships and giant robots. NOT foot soldiers. It was an original concept for the time, but it wasn't a GOOD concept.
-The overall tone - So we have space marines, and aliens, and they're pretty rough and rugged. But... what in the world is up with the little guys? They're weird and they laugh and scream all the time, and it makes no sense as to why the aliens let them tag along. Seriously... why are they there?
-The weapons - I can't remember a single weapon feeling right. Not a single shot that I fired felt like it packed any kind of punch. Maybe it's the animation, maybe it's the sound effects, I don't know.
-The multiplayer - Bad shields and bad weapons don't make fun multiplayer. The extreme lag on every sever I played the PC version on didn't help either.

Of course, not a lot of people agree with me. As long as they can justify their opinions and aren't just accepting it because "everyone loves Halo," then I'm fine with it.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2009, 07:46:24 AM »

There's a Halo Xbox 360 starter set now, which includes Halo 3 and Halo Wars. Tongue
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2009, 10:21:29 AM »

To be perfectly honest, I dislike more aspects of Halo than any other game that I can think of:

-The Metroid rip-offs - From Master Chief's visor to the "flood," to the space-pirate-looking enemies, to the ending, I saw Metroid everywhere. Not tributes to Metroid, but blatant rip-offs of beloved Metroid elements.
-The shield system - Seriously, shields belong on ships and giant robots. NOT foot soldiers. It was an original concept for the time, but it wasn't a GOOD concept.
-The overall tone - So we have space marines, and aliens, and they're pretty rough and rugged. But... what in the world is up with the little guys? They're weird and they laugh and scream all the time, and it makes no sense as to why the aliens let them tag along. Seriously... why are they there?
-The weapons - I can't remember a single weapon feeling right. Not a single shot that I fired felt like it packed any kind of punch. Maybe it's the animation, maybe it's the sound effects, I don't know.
-The multiplayer - Bad shields and bad weapons don't make fun multiplayer. The extreme lag on every sever I played the PC version on didn't help either.

Of course, not a lot of people agree with me. As long as they can justify their opinions and aren't just accepting it because "everyone loves Halo," then I'm fine with it.

Dude, I know there's a lot of Halo hate on this forum. And  granted I have no idea how the PC version (presumably Halo:Combat Evolved) plays, but "worst game ever"? Give me a break. If you want to put it in a category of "Most-hated" game ever, then feel free to do so and I'm sure many people will chime in and you all can have a Halo hate-fest together to your heart's content.

And for the record, if you see comparisons to Metroid, I'm sure you can then compare Metroid to ITS predecessors and find where it "borrowed" various elements as well. And then you can go back...and back again...and back ultimately to Pong.

Most of your points are completely subjective opinion. Which is fine. But for a thread labelled "worst game ever", don't you think that being more objective would be a better approach?

« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 11:01:39 AM by phoenix1967 » Logged

NayusDante
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2009, 01:45:08 PM »

I can honestly say that ET had innovative gameplay, even if it was poorly executed. Shaq Fu isn't meant to be taken seriously, and it's a funny concept that goes as far as it can, even if that isn't very far at all. Halo, however, didn't bring anything new to the table, at least anything that I felt was noteworthy. It's just another generic shooter.

If you just want "wonky gameplay," I recently played Toy Story (SNES) and couldn't believe how awful it played.
Wolfman Walt
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2009, 03:24:35 AM »

Halo rips off of Warhammer 40k much more than it ever could rip off of Metroid...though you can say that for alot of sci fi games (I'm looking at you Starcraft.)

Worst game ever? Well, you'd be hard pressed to find something worse than Big Rigs: Over the Top Racing. Seriousily. Atleast Superman 64 (another good choice) or Aquaman have actual play elements. This game is so terrible it can barely be considered a game.

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2009, 10:35:16 AM »

Halo? Worst ever? No. Far from it. Overrated? Certainly.

There's a difference between bad and overrated.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 10:37:15 AM by Tondog » Logged

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2009, 01:30:33 PM »

^The term "overrated" is VERY subjective.

I'm going to leave it at that and stay off the soapbox for now.

Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2009, 01:35:25 PM »

It is definitely subjective. I'm just saying that you could make a case for it being overrated. However, you can't really say that Halo in and of itself is a bad game, because it is not.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2009, 02:30:02 PM »

It is definitely subjective. I'm just saying that you could make a case for it being overrated. However, you can't really say that Halo in and of itself is a bad game, because it is not.

Anyone can justify anything to themselves, so no argument there.

Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2009, 02:53:29 PM »

Worst game ever? Well, you'd be hard pressed to find something worse than Big Rigs: Over the Top Racing. Seriousily
Big Rigs is INCREDIBLE. YOU'RE WINNER!

Follow me on Twitter
NayusDante
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2009, 03:18:09 PM »

Worst game ever? Well, you'd be hard pressed to find something worse than Big Rigs: Over the Top Racing. Seriousily

Can someone please explain the logic system that they use over at You're Winner? I've tried to read their stuff, but it's just too strange.
Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2009, 08:00:34 PM »

There's nothing to understand.

Follow me on Twitter
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2009, 01:29:49 PM »

Can someone please explain the logic system that they use over at You're Winner? I've tried to read their stuff, but it's just too strange.
That site is hilarious. I wonder if they believe in their own nonsense or not... Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length