RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 03, 2024, 08:28:13 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Halo Sucks? Read the Blogs! 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Halo Sucks? Read the Blogs!  (Read 2194 times)
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« on: September 26, 2007, 11:35:59 AM »

Some of you may not know this, but recently we implemented the beta of a community blog system. This system is not like other systems, as it was pretty much coded by me for you guys, our members. The long in the short of it is that while yes, it is a blogging system, you are not necessarily limited to "blogging". Perhaps you want to chronicle the growth of your collection. Well, use your blog space for that. Perhaps you want to rag on the occurences of the world. Again, blog space. Perhaps you might even want to praise your favorite video game, or lament on your life. Well, go ahead, use our blogs to do that. It's really easy to do. Can you make a forum post? Well then, you can make a blog post. It's simple, and it's fun. I encourage all of you to check it out.

If blogging is not your cup of tea, perhaps commenting is. Any blog or news article can be commented on, and it's pretty simple to do. Just type in your comment and click submit. There might even be some articles that really grind your gears. Do you have an opinion about Halo? Then perhaps this article will be of interest. Find other articles of interest using the blog search or tagging system. It's easy, it's simple, it's fun.

Check out the blogs, it's a great time, and it's filled with many, many interesting articles. We want you to keep it tuned to channel three, and perhaps you might find stories of interest on channel four.

Hello World.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 11:54:51 AM »

From Leon's "blog", it looks like a forum for fanboyism.

I'd propose that we don't put blogs on the front page, just news. Just my $.02.

TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 12:08:46 PM »

Don't like the blog posts?

http://www.rfgeneration.com/news/site-news/

Leon's posts may seem like rabid fanboyism, but rather, they fall under humor. Unfortunately, when certain articles lay  negative spin to a favored franchise like Halo, some people may take offense to it. It however, is meant to invoke discussion, and from the looks of it has done a pretty good job of doing so. If you enjoy the game so much, take the time to defend it, we are not here to say Halo sucks, we're here to invoke discussion.

Hello World.
Tan
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 12:12:42 PM »

If you want to defend Halo, then start a blog of your own, if the content is good or you write an objective review of it then it'll get posted on the front page. Everyone here has the potential to shape the front page of RF Generation.

So instead of protesting it, put your money where your mouth is and do something about it.
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 12:13:36 PM »

It should be noted that any article of worth can be sent to the front page.

Hello World.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 12:42:00 PM »

How about I start a blog about how much I don't like blogs? Roll Eyes

Tan
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 12:48:54 PM »

Whatever floats your boat Champ. Wink
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 12:51:40 PM »

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. 
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 12:57:31 PM by Ghost Soldier » Logged

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 12:52:28 PM »

Man, I'd have to say you are the largest advocator of fanboyism on this forum. Perhaps I just invented two words, but I stand by them. Perhaps my streak of over-the-top mimicking drove you to it, and for that I am sorry.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 12:59:49 PM »

Man, I'd have to say you are the largest advocator of fanboyism on this forum. Perhaps I just invented two words, but I stand by them. Perhaps my streak of over-the-top mimicking drove you to it, and for that I am sorry.

Him and Tony.

TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 01:01:16 PM »

As ghost soldier said, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

We look to serve our members in any way possible. We do things because we feel it is a benefit to the community. We are aware that some people do not enjoy blogs, but keep in mind that those people have the option to not read the blogs. Some people, for example, only read the forums, and others only use the collection tools. We provide tools, it is the decision of the member to determine whether or not to use them.

Hello World.
Tan
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 01:06:26 PM »

It's easy to sit and judge something you don't use, makes you a bit of a hypocrite for doing it.

So if you want to call someone out on their content, don't be lazy and do it here. Do it where it actually counts, on the blog itself. That's why there's a comment section. You want to "finish the fight" on this topic? Then bring it to the actual battlefield.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 01:24:32 PM »

O...kay then. Sounds like it's a bad fit for me.

Blog away everyone.

Tan
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2007, 01:48:11 PM »

O...kay then. Sounds like it's a bad fit for me.

Blog away everyone.

A blog is just like a forum but with a master post that's longer than the rest. No different than reading gaming websites, magazines, listening to podcasts or reading the forum itself except that anyone can participate.

If you find the idea of a 2 paragraph post on the front page intimidating, then write a review for the gamepage and we'll put it on the front page of the site. We're here to make sure the site gets ample representation, so if your hesitant of starting a personal blog or posting on the front page we can help you get your content onto it.

That's an open invitation to anyone. Whether you like it or not the front page is the portal to which visitors get there first taste of the site. We can either work together to make it a success or tear it apart. Either way gaming blogs are the future of media in the gaming industry and RF Generation has embraced that idealism like Kotaku, Destructoid, Joystiq and many others.

For every Ebert there's a Roeper. I challenge you and everyone else to step up to the plate. Got the 'nads to have your opinion posted for the entire internet to see? Then show me.

That post has the highest number of comments RFGen has ever had for a blog entry, so we'll lock this topic off and continue to keep it growing. Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length