RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 18, 2024, 12:18:02 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Question about Year of Release in the Database 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Question about Year of Release in the Database  (Read 1336 times)
Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States
Awards: Tournament Winner

Stats
« on: September 22, 2007, 12:55:11 PM »

What's everyone's opinion on Year of Release for Xbox titles like Silent Hill 2?  The non-Platinum Hits version of Silent Hill 2 was released in 2001, but what year was the Platinum Hits version released?  2001?  How would we submit info, specifically the release year, for Platinum Hits titles or other re-release titles (like one of SNES or N64 Classic Game or Best Seller releases)?

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 08:32:01 PM »

If it is a Greatest Hits or whatever isn't it usually the next year? Or isn't it on the box somewhere?

Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States
Awards: Tournament Winner

Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 09:49:32 PM »

Well, I'm looking at my copies of Simpsons: Road Rage for Xbox.  The "regular" version says "2001" while the Platinum says "2001, 2003."  So, I'm assuming the Platinum Hits Year of Release would be...2003?  I'm assuming that's the way other Platinum Hits versions are, with two copyright dates on the back. 

I'm sure it seems like an obvious question, but....I assume I go by the most recent copyright date on Platinum Hits, re-releases or whatever, no matter which system the game is for.  I just wanted to check before I submit something screwy.  Tongue

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 12:23:31 AM »

I would put 2003.

You are correct always go with the most recent date.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length