RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 16, 2024, 05:24:08 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | My NEW Addiction! 0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My NEW Addiction!  (Read 2216 times)
TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« on: September 11, 2007, 03:47:45 PM »

well its been a while since i have posted. well here is whats been getting my spare time lately. well i had been collecting coke points for a while and WAS saving for a wii. when i was about 1000 away from the wii they sold out and i said hell with it and got the less costly DS. damn. i should have gotten one of these a really really long long time ago. man all that gaming time lost. i fuckin love this thing. i knew it had a touch screen but never thought it could be this much fun. ive got a nice lot of games so far: final fantasy iii (what originally sparked my interrest in the ds since i had 1-2, 4, 5, and 6 for gba) anyways that got me hooked and i branched out from there. feel the magic xx/xy, sprung, brain boost omega and beta versions, big brain academy, brain age, harry potter and he goblet of fire, and i just bought trauma center on ebay a few minutes prior to posting this. are there any more recommendations for games since you can see where my interrests are. im sure mezmoron has a bunch of good suggestions (i know your gonna read this ken. how far along are you on the ds collection? i understand the addiction.) my god is the screen bright. if nintendo could come up with a tv attachment like the game gear then this would beat the game gear in my mind. i know thats stupid to base my opinion on an accessory, but what'cha gonna do? lol. im going to look through the database on here and see if any ds titles look cool. anyone know if the chocobo ds game is any good. i like final fantasy but i dont like the tactics game (either for ps or ds). im eventually going to get all of the brain games. i frickin love these. oh and about the wii. no worries my parents are getting me and my wife it for christmas. so i win both ways. i hope they keep making games for the ds for a very long time because i dont see myself tireing of this anytime soon.

You're my hero. Vanilla Ice RULES! I can't believe that there is another SERIOUS Vanilla Ice fan on this site. The special edition DVD should be called "Cool As Ice: Drop That Zero Edition".
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 04:07:55 PM »

I like Tetris and Animal Crossing.

I think Ken just passed 200 DS games.

Also check this out http://dualscreenradio.com/. one of the host does Retro Gaming Radio and I like that show a lot. I haven't listened to Dual Screen since I am not it the DS at all. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 04:49:25 PM »

are there any more recommendations for games since you can see where my interrests are.
Glad to see you've joined the cult of DS. I love my DS and use it almost every day.

Anyways, as far as games go, it seems you've really caught on to the DS puzzle games, which is one of, if not the strongest genres on the DS. As far as puzzle games are concerned, I highly recommend checking out Picross DS (my latest addiction), Planet Puzzle League (You can download a demo of Picross DS or Planet Puzzle League at a DS Download station in GameStop, Best Buy, or wherever has one near you), Meteos, and Polarium (you can play a few sample puzzles at http://polarium.nintendods.com/index2.html ).

As far as some other games that I highly recommend checking out go, look for:
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice For All
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Trace Memory
Electroplankton (This one is rare and spendy)
Yoshi's Island DS
New Super Mario Bros
Mario Kart DS
Kirby's Canvas Rush
Any of the DS Castlevania games
Sonic Rush

Oh, and did you know Brain Age 2 came out about two or three weeks ago?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 04:54:27 PM by Tondog » Logged

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
ColecoVisionist
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 03:53:24 PM »

New Super Mario Bros. freaking rules!

http://brettweisswords.blogspot.com/

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 01:18:16 AM »

I love NSMB, but I still think Yoshi's Island DS is a better game. Mainly because it's more difficult.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 01:44:12 AM »

are there any more recommendations for games since you can see where my interrests are.
Glad to see you've joined the cult of DS. I love my DS and use it almost every day.

Anyways, as far as games go, it seems you've really caught on to the DS puzzle games, which is one of, if not the strongest genres on the DS. As far as puzzle games are concerned, I highly recommend checking out Picross DS (my latest addiction), Planet Puzzle League (You can download a demo of Picross DS or Planet Puzzle League at a DS Download station in GameStop, Best Buy, or wherever has one near you), Meteos, and Polarium (you can play a few sample puzzles at http://polarium.nintendods.com/index2.html ).

As far as some other games that I highly recommend checking out go, look for:
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice For All
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Trace Memory
Electroplankton (This one is rare and spendy)
Yoshi's Island DS
New Super Mario Bros
Mario Kart DS
Kirby's Canvas Rush
Any of the DS Castlevania games
Sonic Rush

Oh, and did you know Brain Age 2 came out about two or three weeks ago?

whats with the phoenix wright games? i heard they are really popular.
how are the castlevania games?  i have one of them for the advance. i cant remember the title off hand. but anyways i didnt care for it. if its like that then id probably pass.
yeah i knew brain age 2 came out. i figured id get the first one and play that til the 2nd one drops in price, im a cheapskate, lol.
but i second the - 'i play my ds almost every day" - guilty here too. its so fun and portable i cant but help to take it even if its a short drive with the wife and she's driving. i dont drive and play of course.

You're my hero. Vanilla Ice RULES! I can't believe that there is another SERIOUS Vanilla Ice fan on this site. The special edition DVD should be called "Cool As Ice: Drop That Zero Edition".
Magewout
RFG Friend
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 12:55:56 PM »

The PW games are eh, some kind of 'adventure/court room' hybrid. You go around collecting evidence and 'interrogating' people, which is pretty basic. The main source if fun is in the court room itself. You interrogate witnesses etc. and try to find inconsistencies (however you spell that Tongue), basing yourself on whatever you've found so far. And then you get to call OBJECTION Cheesy
shadowforte
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 05:49:52 PM »

Dainit! You talking about makes me one to get one now. There are some great games coming out, like FF and Zelda. Everyone on this earth should have a DS.
TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 06:02:43 PM »

what about 'touch the dead", anyone played it? i got trauma center coming in the mail soon and i cant wait to play it. it sounds real cool. hell of a concept.

shadowforte
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 06:32:35 PM »

Trauma Center rocks. Touch the dead is alright, but I don't know if it's a buy.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 01:22:38 AM »

In all reality even the shitty DS games i have played where aty least mildly amusing.

With the exception of Monster Trucks DS. That was amusing because it was so aweful i can't believe it was released lol

I didn't get totally enthralled with PW like everyone else did. It was good and unique but i wasn't addicted it bugged me that i was able to solve cases faster than the game would allow and then i just had to figure out when was the right to to present certain evidence.

shoes23
Legendary AFK'er
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 12:26:22 AM »

I second the Phoeix Wright series.  They are well done games that would fall under the adventure genre.  Touch the Dead was kinda cool, but you will need lightning fast reflexs, and the game gets pretty dull after a few hours of playing it. 

www.questmarker.net
[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/shoes23.png[/img]
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length