RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 15, 2024, 11:22:53 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Two Worlds (Xbox360) 0 Members and 13 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Two Worlds (Xbox360)  (Read 5895 times)
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« on: August 27, 2007, 10:23:56 AM »

I want to warn any RFGen member about the pitfalls of this game before they shell out the full price for it.

Story mode has frame rate issues, and the graphics aren't that great. There are some achievement bugs (from what I've heard) as well. The voice acting is horrid.

Online multi-player is great...... As long as you are playing by yourself Angry You might be able to get another player into your game, but it will begin to lag after some gameplay. Forget about having more than 3 players.

I have heard that there is a patch for the game coming, and hopefully this will help the framrate issues. I've also heard that the reason for the laggy multi-player is because the server is in EU, but there is a US server being set-up (we'll see about that).

The game has potential, and I'd like to see what it can do (on the multi-player end) when and if they get a server over here.

Tan
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 10:54:10 AM »

This game is released tomorrow in Canada. I've had my eye on it for several months now. I knew when it was first unveiled that it would have problems. Few developers in the industry can pull off an Oblivion or Morrowind. Tongue

That being said I'm still very much looking forward to it as a nice hack 'n' slash ass around game. It'll only be the second Xbox 360 game I bought new this year and the only one between now and PGR4 in October, so hopefully it won't suck too badly.

Did you get the collector's edition or the regular?
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 11:21:10 AM »

Here are some maps and guides I found while browsing for info about patching.

http://board.zuxxez.com/showthread.php?t=28104  (looks like a pretty good guide)

http://wgrajfoto.pl/pokaz...g0607/antaloorhdtaa7c.jpg (A map showing the location of all trainers)

[img width=700 height=551]http://wgrajfoto.pl/pokazfoto/img0607/antaloorhdtaa7c.jpg[/img]

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 03:54:44 PM »

Thanks for the info Cap. I've had this one on my radar as well.

Please keep us posted on how it plays after the patches are implemented.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 10:40:21 AM »

I have been thinking about getting this just to play with all the people I play PSU with. It is either this or BioShock.

Rated
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 02:37:34 PM »

I'm addicted to this game.

Help me someone, please!  speechless

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 07:30:32 AM »

Hey Rated, welcome to RFGen Wink

I must admit that even with the warts this game has, it is addicting.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 10:30:14 AM »

I asked about it at EB Games yesterday and the girl working there said everyone saying it sucks ass. I said I know a bunch of jackasses playing it so I thought I would join them.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 10:53:14 AM »

I asked about it at EB Games yesterday and the girl working there said everyone saying it sucks ass. I said I know a bunch of jackasses playing it so I thought I would join them.

Who me?

A Jackass?   Grin

Tongue

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 11:03:11 AM »

One of them

Rated
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007, 11:36:23 AM »

If you guys are playing on a regular basis let me know. I made an agreement a while back with Mrs Rated about having only one recurring online game fee at a time, so I may cancel my PSU pretty soon here. Really tired of the lack of GM support over there, and the last GM response to one of my posts really has me thinking.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 02:00:04 PM »

Isnt Two Worlds free?

GM's on PSU?

Rated
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 05:37:41 PM »

Isnt Two Worlds free?

GM's on PSU?

I mean I'll need to get Xbox Live Gold as opposed to Silver.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2007, 06:31:55 PM »

Can Two Worlds be played online for free with a Silver Account?

Tan
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2007, 09:34:17 PM »

Can Two Worlds be played online for free with a Silver Account?

No, Gold only  Tongue

Been playing this for about 3-4 hours now, have 11/41 achievements. Very addictive game. Think of Oblivion, with Morrowind's graphics. Cheesy dialog that can be very humorous sometimes. Awesome sound effects and ambient noise, character animations and effects like wind, dust and water.

Neat level up system that also allows for item stacking/merging and also a great teleport system. I've only done a few quests, spent most of my time wandering and exploring.

Does it have issues? Well nothing major or detracting from the experience. Some framerate chugging the odd time, a bit of pop-in of textures and some funky physics for bodies sometimes, but nothing so bad that it ruins the game at all.

I've only played as I said 3-4 hours so maybe I'm not seeing what everyone else is, but so far I'll give it a 8.5/10 because this is my type of game and the little annoyances don't bother me at all.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 09:39:27 PM by Tan » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length