RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 16, 2024, 09:26:08 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | Same Old Bengals 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: Same Old Bengals  (Read 59688 times)
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2005, 05:29:59 PM »

We'll get them in the super bowl...

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2005, 06:49:27 PM »

Damn straight. I was just thinking the same thing.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2005, 12:20:11 PM »

I had a strange dream where the bengals ended up winning in the last 10 seconds by a field goal.
I had to check the paper in the morning to make sure i hadn't dreamt it.

What makes it even sranger is i had watched much of the game including the ending 20+ seconds they ticked off the clock while walking around and exchanging pleasentries.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2005, 09:32:55 AM »

We'll get them in the super bowl...

AFC Championship, perhaps, but getting them in the Super Bowl would be rather difficult.

The game was both good and bad.  The Bengals made key mistakes at key times.  There were quite a few single plays that could have changed the outcome of the entire game.  Palmer's interception was a big one.  Take away 3 points from Indy and add 7 for us, and we would have had the W.  Or, what about the penalties?  At one point I think we had 85 yards of penalties vs. Indy's 5.  That is HUGE.  85 yards equals a minimum of 7 points (probably more), especially since it did allow Indianapolis to convert on at least one 3rd down that later led to a touchdown.

They're still acting like a team that wants to win, can win, and should win but doesn't because they are sloppy.  Still, huge improvements over the teams of the past.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 09:33:16 AM by admin » Logged

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2005, 01:22:22 PM »

Hehe. Thats true, no Colts in teh Bowl. Oh yeah, WHO DEY!!!!

They tried to lose it in the last half there but thankfully time ran out.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2005, 01:52:29 PM »

Well, we tried our best to give this game to the Ravens, but they still couldn't win.

Seriously, what the hell happened the second half?

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2005, 02:28:10 PM »

Overconfidence.

But, a win is a win. WHO-DEY!!!

Now, on to Pittsburgh, and in a lesser sense for those who hail white and blue, on to Canton!

Hello World.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2005, 08:40:47 AM »

Now we just have to hope to god Pittsburgh doesn't pull off some miracle tonight. Stupid Rottenburger, I hope he gets injured.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2005, 08:42:43 AM »

I was at the game.  To go up 34-0 and confine Boller to a first-half QB rating of 6.0 is phenomenal.  The crazy thing was at that point Baltimore had nearly equal time of posession.  They only got burned on a few plays, but they sure were big plays, giving up 21 points way too quickly.  Then the offense didn't help things either on two drives there, giving up the ball without a fight (with the exception of T.J.'s fumble, which was an incredible play by Baltimore).  

The defense finally played a great half of football in all aspects, but then fell apart - both against the pass and the run.  They need to get their act together.  Perhaps next year we'll get some people up front or a decent linebacker in the draft.  I only wish we could get A.J. Hawk or even Bobby Carpenter.  Too bad some crap team like the Browns will get them first.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2005, 08:48:05 AM »

Stupid Rottenburger, I hope he gets injured.

Gotta disagree with you there.  Roethlisberger is a class act and an amazing quarterback.  With all of the Terrel Owenses in the league these days, I'm happy to see somebody like Roethlisberger doing so well.  Plus, I was a fan of him when he played at Miami.  The guy is incredible.  I was not happy at all when he went to Pittsburgh at first, but now I can at least watch him play almost every week, since he's in the AFC North.  I wouldn't even mind seeing him beat the Colts.  I'd be glad to see him take away the perfect season from Manning (another class act), and just think of how huge it would be if we beat them next week.

I still can't believe any of us care this much about the Bengals in December.  Awesome.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2005, 01:30:47 PM »

I would rather see the Colts win the game... and then we woop their ass in the super bowl.

I'm still dreaming.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #101 on: November 28, 2005, 01:57:12 PM »

AFC Championship, perhaps, but getting them in the Super Bowl would be rather difficult.

What I meant by "rather difficult" was "impossible."  Remember, the Colts are in the AFC as well, so only one of us could go to the Super Bowl....  against an NFC team, naturally.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 01:58:10 PM by admin » Logged

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #102 on: November 28, 2005, 04:55:53 PM »

Yeah, I wasn't paying attention to that, guess we'll have to pick them off during the playoffs then. :-)

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2005, 12:00:49 AM »

Good ol' colts.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #104 on: November 29, 2005, 07:49:45 AM »

Well, that helps our chances of an automatic playoff bid.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 07:50:04 AM by admin » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length