RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 24, 2024, 11:12:18 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | Awesome computer score 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Awesome computer score  (Read 2778 times)
ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« on: July 20, 2007, 03:45:53 PM »

went to the school rummage sale, according to thbe guy working there the schools basement is filled with computers, this doesnt even scratch the surface of what was there.  They had this at the HS but had all 10 schools in the district there... good news and bad news:

3 PC's w w/ 1 gig hd's
5 mac's of different kinds from the 70's-1996
3 PC moniter
1 mac moniter, a second with a mac built in to it
2 5 inch floppy PC drives
1 mac floppy drive
2 mac CD drives
3 mac mice
2 PC mice
1 mac keyboard
1 PC keyboard
a LAN hub
a box full of over 200 floppies, 50 5 inch floppies, and assorted mac OSX's and a few old windows OS's.

in all it costed $10 Cheesy .  the most expensive thing was the box of disc's and floppies which was $2

I guess they have this every year and each year they have more than the last.  well heres the bad news, and my friend said that we usually have to get there really early on the first day otherwise this would happen, to bad I didnt listen to him.

all of the MAC's were almost empty.  since you can open most of them without unscrewing, some ben heath kid went around earlier and stole a whole bunch of parts... I will probably end up buying the remaining parts on ebay.
ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 04:56:28 PM »

about the MAC's, I got an apple GS2, an LCIII, LC475, 5400/200,  and a performa 6360
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 05:54:37 PM »

Wow. Nice score. Where are you going to put them all?

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 06:00:17 PM »

Well that was the issue with my parents when I came home Smiley.  they said I could keep it in the closet, basement, or attic.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 09:34:44 AM »

I've got a MAC that's got a couple of cut cables. If any on those are gonna end up as spare parts and you don't mind I'll send you a pic of the 2 cables I need. Maybe I can buy them off you or trade you a game for them.

bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2007, 01:00:23 PM »

Nice, just a hundred or so more and your basement may look like mine.  If you need parts PM me and I'll see if it's anything I have extra of. 

Den send me the info on those cables if I have them we can work those into the deal we have been doing for ever.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 05:03:15 PM »

sorry to say but it all sounds like a load of old shit to me that you will do noting with and end up throwing away, though it always seems like a good idea old computers are just that old, there slow and get slower when you use them then you get frustrated and wonder why you fixed it in the first place! Smiley

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 07:59:09 PM »

sorry to say but it all sounds like a load of old shit to me that you will do noting with and end up throwing away, though it always seems like a good idea old computers are just that old, there slow and get slower when you use them then you get frustrated and wonder why you fixed it in the first place! Smiley

I agree but I knew Den and Bum-man would like the find. But hey to each their own.

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 08:25:39 PM »

I agree too, computers take up way too much room to collect.  The only reason I bought an Atari 130XE was because I thought it'd look neat on the shelf.  I found someone giving an old Mac away on Freecycle but I didn't even bother responding because I didn't want to deal with storing the thing. 

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2007, 07:48:45 AM »

I would like to pick up 1 or 2 old PCs just to play number munchers, word munchers, Lemmings.
Preferably a IIe Wink

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2007, 03:43:11 PM »

Nice, just a hundred or so more and your basement may look like mine.  If you need parts PM me and I'll see if it's anything I have extra of. 

Den send me the info on those cables if I have them we can work those into the deal we have been doing for ever.

I will do that. we REALLY need to finalize that trade. that way we can start another one to take up a year or so.

ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 12:16:17 PM »

does anyone know how much an applecolor RGB monitor model# A2M6014 is worth, or where I can find the cord for one?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length