RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 03, 2024, 06:13:32 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Did Janet Jackson rip off a Sonic tune? 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Did Janet Jackson rip off a Sonic tune?  (Read 4727 times)
shadowbound
N-Gage

Stats
« on: July 12, 2007, 04:22:30 PM »

This has bugged me for years. Do you know Janet's song Together again. I think she stole the tune from the bridge level from Sonic the Hedgehogs on the Sega Master System.

Listen to Together again which was made in 1997 from 1:24 to 1:40

Now listen to the Bridge level tune From Sonic which was created in 1991.

<a href="http://www.nintendo-europ...jsp?a=Shadowbound&m=b" target="_blank"> [/url]
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 06:16:48 PM »

That does sound very similar.

ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 06:18:38 PM »

dude, its fine if she did.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JbVM-l2Oku4

they returned the favor back later with MJ
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 07:30:49 PM »

Lol. Who want's to bet they have a Sega Master System in the living room. =)

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 11:28:07 PM »

That's hilarious. MJ used to be my jam back in the day.

OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 02:55:05 AM »

MJ struck again as being a guest in Space Channel 5.

Also, if you look closely at the video "Doesn't Really Matter" you'll see that Sega paid to put some shots of some Dreamcast games in the background.  Look closely at the screens in the background and you might see clips from Jet Grind Radio and Samba de Amigo.

it's thinking
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 07:22:12 AM »

Also, if you look closely at the video "Doesn't Really Matter" you'll see that Sega paid to put some shots of some Dreamcast games in the background.  Look closely at the screens in the background and you might see clips from Jet Grind Radio and Samba de Amigo.

Wow. Good observation. I am going to have to check it out now.

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2007, 06:24:17 PM »

yeah, the 2 do sound very similar. you should email sega. could bea nice lawsuit and they might cut you a slice.

You're my hero. Vanilla Ice RULES! I can't believe that there is another SERIOUS Vanilla Ice fan on this site. The special edition DVD should be called "Cool As Ice: Drop That Zero Edition".
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2007, 09:03:00 PM »

Wow. Good observation. I am going to have to check it out now.

Nah, the folk at the Dreamcast Junkyard (including our own GaGaMan) dug it up a while ago.  The one that I found myself is a shameless plug for NFL 2k1 on the new Dreamcast system in the first season of CSI.

The one Janet Jackson ripoff song that kills me is "Someone to Call my Lover".  That opening guitar riff is exactly the same as the one from "Ventura Highway", by the band America.  On the other hand, the Aibo plugs in that video are kinda fun.  Either way, I really liked her stuff before she completely disappeared from the face of the earth. 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 01:19:03 PM by OatBob » Logged

it's thinking
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 04:52:22 AM »

You know Carnival Night's music always reminded me of Michael Jackson and now there you have it. It's really stupid how they ripped his name from the credits but oh well. Obviously no hard feelings since he made an appearance in Space Channel 5.

What about Metallica's Fuel and one of the songs in Sega Really? Anyone else pick it?

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 12:25:32 PM »

What about Metallica's Fuel and one of the songs in Sega Really? Anyone else pick it?

No I haven't and thank god.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length