RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 02:21:54 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Favorite mid 90's console 0 Members and 18 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Favorite mid 90's console  (Read 4367 times)
danvx6
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2004, 06:44:14 PM »

Looks like N64 and PSone are neck-and-neck.  Well in my opinion the N64 had several good games, but the controller design was mostly only good for shooters (Goldeneye!!) but the PSone had so many great games.  It beat the N64 wih sheer numbers.

[img width=450 height=150]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/Danvx6sigORANGE.jpg[/img]
deadducks
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2004, 06:29:21 PM »

Saturn, I love the 2d games on this system

2D Forever
jonlester
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2004, 02:21:08 AM »

I guess PS because I still never have owned the other consoles on the ballot. I was still playing the Genesis in the mid-90's and had another friend in the late 90's with a PS.

I'm still not used to hearing myself even say mid- or late 90's...
Mike Leon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2004, 10:28:31 AM »

I totally agree with Sony as far as the controller port issue with the PS2. 4 ports is a nice convenience, but there really just aren't enough 4 player games and enough people who play them  regularly to justify jacking up the production cost of the system. I liked the 4 ports on N64 and I bought some games for that system rather than their counterparts on PS1 just for the 4 player feature. But in the end, I only actually used the 4 player feature once or twice, if at all. If every family in the country had five or six kids then there would be a reason for 4 ports on every game system, but until then, stick with the lower price tag.

I could stand to have my Wii serviced right about now.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2004, 07:32:58 AM »

Sega Genesis!!

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2004, 06:27:59 PM »

PS1
Symphony of the Night
Metal Gear Solid
FF7
Thats all the explaining you need.

When shall his new form be revealed?
sharp
DB Contributor
Netherlands

Stats
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2004, 05:24:18 PM »

I voted Saturn as it has the best memories. The Jaguar only had a few good games (Alien vs Predator, Iron Soldier, Raiden and of course Tempest 2000) The Amiga CD32 still has a bad taste for as lots of games we're Amiga 1200 games burned on CD without a test, so they we're so buggy you were not able to finish them. The PS had some great games as well, but don't have the charm of Saturn. 3DO sucked in my opinion, it had some great games, but when I got my pal-player I found out it didn't had enough memory to play music in RRoad Rash grrrr. Oh and last the N64, I hated the system as I don't like 3D. Mario 64 didn't get me and Zelda was missing the feeling of the old versions, so no sweet memories to N64 (although still like Paper Mario, Sin & Punishment and Conker's Bad Fur Day)
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2004, 06:27:29 AM »

I voted Playststion. It's the console that got me heavily back into gaming. I bought it in 1998 after not having bought a console sincle my Genesis in 1992.

Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, Crash Bandicoot, Abe's Odysee, plus a ton of great racing and fighting games not to mention all the arcade compilations.

I'm within 25 games of having 600 PS1 games. Great system.

atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2006, 06:42:57 AM »

n64. ever since i saw the previews of mario 64, i couldn't wait until launch day. i bought so many great games for the system like banjo - kazooie, pilot wings, mario kart and the list goes on and on. mario 64 is my favorite game on the system with the new tetris as runner up!

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2006, 08:02:11 AM »

Going with N64. Had quite the memorable amount of games. Mario, Zelda, Smash Brothers, GoldenEye, Blast Corps, and the list goes on.

Hello World.
CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2006, 08:32:47 AM »

I got a Playstation for my birthday in 1995 (or 1996, I don't quite remember) and, when I could, I played it at least a couple hours a day, usually 5 or 6, until the PS2 came out.  I played that for a couple years, then I started collecting.  Ever since I've been getting so many games I can just never decide on what to play.  Damn you, obsessive-compulsive disorder...

So PSX got my vote.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 08:33:43 AM by CatchFiveBats » Logged

- Zac
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2006, 12:56:38 PM »

I totally missed the mid-90's console era. Two years ago, the Xbox brought me back to console gaming. Previously, I hadn't had a console since I sold my SegaGenesis collection in '95.

I would have to vote for N64, though, since I picked one up from den to be able to play some carts I picked up cheap (GoldenEye, Donkey Kong 64 (?), Perfect Dark, and Zelda).

Gundam_Pilot_
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2006, 01:03:36 PM »

psx for 3 reasons.

MGS
Grand Turismo
Vigilante 8

Enough Said

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.ccagshow.com/banners/ccagshow.gif[/img]
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2006, 01:26:23 PM »

I'll definitely give you MGS.  That is one of the best games of all time.  It should certainly be higher on the Top 100 games list than where it is now (go vote on it to bump it up a bit if you haven't yet...  and vote on your other games while you're at it).  

Vigilante 8 came out on multiple systems, including N64, so I can't really say that was a reason to own a PSX.  

'As for Gran Turismo....  I understand why it was a huge deal, and why it is technically good, but it's not my cup of tea at all.  I didn't like it one bit.  Still, I understand where you're coming from.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2006, 02:23:49 PM »

psx for 3 reasons.

MGS
Grand Turismo
Vigilante 8

Enough Said

Holy crap you posted outside the nes accesories   thread!!!!!!  Wink