RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 02:20:28 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Favorite mid 90's console 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Favorite mid 90's console  (Read 4359 times)
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« on: June 12, 2004, 03:03:51 AM »

I know I'm probably missing some, but I'm sure everybody's favorite is in this list.

I prefer the Playstation. I know it has loads of crap games, but it also has loads of good games. In fact, it might have more good games than the total amount of games the Nintendo64 and Sega Saturn have.

Please explain why you voted for what Smiley.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 04:24:54 AM »

I know I'm fighting a losing battle, but my vote goes to N64.  It just had the good games that I wanted to play at the time.  Super Mario 64 absolutely blew me away and revolutionized the platformer simultaneously, Diddy Kong Racing was one of my all-time favorite racing games, GoldenEye is still the best console FPS ever in my opinion, and the system had other games that interested me too.  

It always seemed to me that Nintendo gave so much more personality to their console than anybody else did in the mid-90's.  Sony seemed completely impersonal with PSX, the Saturn flopped before Sega could say "32X," 3DO wasn't even produced by just one company, and the other consoles were non-competitors.

thx1138
3DO

Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2004, 07:51:08 AM »

PS1 got my vote, I played DOOM on it until I pwned it.  I knew nearly every level inside out in the end. There are two or three which give me trouble. with their teleports and mazes, but I can do them. Can't do the level Tricks n Traps though

10 PRINT "THX is still skill"
20 GOTO 10
30 REM 24th Sept 2017 ;-)

RUN
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2004, 07:52:45 AM »

N64, all the way.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
NESJunkie
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2004, 08:44:14 PM »

sweet only vote for 3do I RULE!

I was the 13th member to join this site. My parents were married on Friday the 13th. I was married on the 13th. Feeling lucky?

Here is a link to my profile on VAPS. I am mainly an arcade collector now. http://www.vaps.org/membe...tail.php?member_id=381193
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2004, 11:50:52 PM »

i also gotta go with the Playstation, same reason as Arrr said.

thx1138
3DO

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2004, 01:04:20 AM »

I've only had a 3D0 for about 6 weeks. I don't suppose it will ever me my favourite, but right now it's ranked last, due to lack of experience.

10 PRINT "THX is still skill"
20 GOTO 10
30 REM 24th Sept 2017 ;-)

RUN
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2004, 04:43:07 AM »

3DO is a great console, but I just can't say that it's my favorite.  I absolutely love Road Rash, Shanghai: Triple Threat, and many other games on the system, and it does seem to have more personality than PS1, but N64 still gets my vote for #1.  I guess 3DO is my second pick.

NESJunkie
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2004, 10:05:08 AM »

N64 would probably come in 3rd for me behind also the Saturn. For some reason I love systems that didn't do so well. Maybe cause I have a friend who would buy the newest systems when it came out and I had cool experieces with them back in the day, when not many other people did. But for shizzle nothing tops Goldeneye.

I was the 13th member to join this site. My parents were married on Friday the 13th. I was married on the 13th. Feeling lucky?

Here is a link to my profile on VAPS. I am mainly an arcade collector now. http://www.vaps.org/membe...tail.php?member_id=381193
2D-Forever
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2004, 06:43:12 PM »

Watching the Cyberdemon waste all the Hell Lords in the Tricks 'n Traps lvl is one of my fondest memories of gaming ever.

Saturn got my vote becuase I'm still a sega fanboy even though the Saturn is the most recent system I have purchased.  Akumajo Dracula X is a winner.

(I play more PSX games than saturn games though.)

-God gave us memories so we could languish in dispair.
-Once delayed, Twice dismayed.  SNK
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2004, 09:01:54 AM »

I had to go with the Playstation.  There are four systems that I bought that I absolutley loved; Atari 2600, NES, SNES, and Playstation.
I was thinking about voting for the Neo-Geo but there were two reasons I didn't:
1) I don't think that it fits in the mid 90's category
2) I've never actually played on a Neo-Geo machine.  I've only played the MVS arcade machines.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2004, 04:51:51 AM »

i go with N64 basically for the 1st person shooters and terrific multiplayeer  but playstation does have 100s more good games than N64

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2004, 01:15:19 PM »

Yup, multiplayer is a big deal.  I couldn't believe it when PS2 came out and there were still only two controller ports....  yet nobody seemed to complain.  BAD Sony, BAD.  Sure, multi-taps are an option, but what developers actually support those?

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2004, 01:20:34 PM »

for PS2 multiplayer doesnt matter as much with online anymore besides 64 was THE multiplayer machiene that shoulda been there format not the fun machiene because it wasnt that fun all the time
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 03:23:18 PM by IZRET101 » Logged

T
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2004, 04:22:08 PM »

If you asked me back then, I would have said Playstation.
It had the best sports games plus Resident evil and metal gear solid.

Now I would say N64.  Mario, conkers, zelda and banjo kazooie.  These are games i still play. I never play the playstation
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length