RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 03:23:36 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Missing rating systems 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Missing rating systems  (Read 4091 times)
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2007, 09:25:55 PM »

I fixed a lovely issue regarding the system, but you still can't select multiple ratings. When that occurs I will code the ability to select a local rating for a region wide game.

Hello World.
Belgarath
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2007, 08:37:56 AM »

ELSPA is showing up now for edits which is great!

BBFC is still missing though for at least Amiga and 3DO, probably more.

Apologies if you already know this.
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2007, 12:40:51 PM »

The game has to be a UK game if it is an edit. In the next system, it will show up for region wide games.

Hello World.
Belgarath
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2007, 10:09:30 AM »

There's something very wrong with the rating system, today pvtmurre submitted some info including an elspa rating for Metal Gear Solid (E) for the Playstation, except there was no rating submitted...When I checked the ratings, it just showed PEGI..

So I submitted the rating myself as a normal user rather than staff, selected ELSPA 15+ and then went to approve it.
The rating was simply not there at all.

So although staff have no problem entering elspa ratings, users cant submit these as it won't show up for staff when approving.

It probably effects more than elspa as well.
Tan
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2007, 12:42:20 PM »

Yes I've seen quite a few submissions where the rating was an empty field. Too many different ones by too many users to think it's simply user error.
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2007, 01:25:06 PM »

Sorry, there is redundant code in the scripts, so queries have to be changed in multiple places. The review script didn't have its queries changed for a page edit; therefore, it wasn't loading all the ratings that were being loaded in the submit or staff script. Since these ratings were not being loaded, there was no way for the rating to be selected.

I have since fixed the queries for the review script, and all should be better. If you find it still is having issues, please let me know.

One of the goals of the next submission system is to consolidate redundant code so that these things are less likely to happen. But, this issue is hopefully fixed.

Hello World.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length