RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2024, 11:07:20 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | WALMART!!!!!!!!!!!!! 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: WALMART!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3252 times)
Mike Leon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« on: June 16, 2007, 01:02:42 PM »

Walmart wouldn't sell Apocalypse Now to Shimra because he didn't have his I.D. Then they took the movie and told me and Trader that we couldn't pay for it either because it was illegal (a blatant lie). I went back to the video department and picked up another copy and paid for it and they didn't even card me. No one ever cards me...

Does anyone have any sweet stories about Walmart being shitty?

I could stand to have my Wii serviced right about now.
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 01:07:52 PM »

The WALMART is the scourge of society. I hope their executives burn in Hell for what they are doing to America and the World.

Hello World.
Grim Fandango
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 01:15:59 PM »

I've only been to Walmart once in the last few years (looking for Raiden 3 as I wanted to save $10) and it was awful. Half the lights in the store didn't even work.

Didn't find the game either so it was all for naught.

[img width=300 height=225]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4282/supcatwv6.jpg[/img]

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=wallydawg[/img]
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 01:43:55 PM »

Sorry guys... I shop there for certain groceries because the prices can't be beat.

TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 02:00:17 PM »

Thankfully, Meijer exists. Also, the price gap between Kroger's and Wal-Mart has been decreasing.

Hello World.
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 02:06:41 PM »

Wal-Mart may not be very needed in a large city, but having one in a rural town is a life saver.  The stores by me are all very well maintained, but I'm sure this is in the hands of the manager and will very widely.  

I really don't have a problem with Wal-Mart.  I have heard several complaints about the company but have never seen any solid evidence against them and certainly not enough to outweigh the benefits.  

The Wal-Mart grocery in West Lafayette blows the regular grocery stores out of the water in terms of selection and prices - even quality, which may come as a shock to some people.  (Target is still better in terms of quality and selection, and I usually end up going there instead.)  

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 02:18:39 PM »

Take a trip to Washington Court House. There you'll see how much of a life saver Wal-Mart is for it's downtown.

Hello World.
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007, 02:22:42 PM »

Take a trip to Washington Court House. There you'll see how much of a life saver Wal-Mart is for it's downtown.

From what you have said about Washington Courthouse in the past I don't believe Wal-Mart is the problem.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2007, 02:29:26 PM »

If I was selling it and you tried to buy the DVD, I'd refuse to sell it to you as well.

Then again, I'd do it cause I knew you and would be looking to be a general pain in the $#%.

Targets is better then wal-mart in almost every way and if you use cupons very well Krogers is cheaper and to some extent, CVS can even be cheaper.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Fuyukaze[/img]
[img width=470 height=155]http://gamercards.exophase.com/69469.png[/img]
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2007, 03:01:16 PM »

Wal Mart sucks and all, but it's fun to go there at like 2 AM when all the weirdos are out. I have some good stories about that.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2007, 03:02:37 PM »

It's WALMART's loss, they specialize on impulse buys, and they very much failed to cash in on this impulse buy. If I was a total ass, I would have continually walked through the sensormatic, as most retail stores use those to calculate number of people entering a store, and thus their per cap. Boy, it sure would have sucked for them to have a really low per cap.

Hello World.
Mike Leon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2007, 01:32:50 AM »

If I was selling it and you tried to buy the DVD, I'd refuse to sell it to you as well.

Awesome, and you would lose your job and I would settle the age discrimination suit with Walmart out of court for the tune of a .25 million. Sound like a sweet trade?

I could stand to have my Wii serviced right about now.
Jared
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2007, 07:17:38 AM »

The day I move into a trailer park is the day I start going to Wal-Mart.  There are at least 5 Wal-Marts within 30 minutes of me, I have never stepped foot in one Wal-mart in my life!
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2007, 01:01:50 PM »

Wal-Mart is a large reason as to why China is turning into a capitalistic economy.

I hate them but if I want something cheap I'll go to them.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Seamar
RFG Football Ass Kicker
Jaguar CD
United States
Awards: General Ass Kicker

Stats
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2007, 09:24:26 PM »

Just out of curiosity, why did you choose Wal-Mart to begin with? Do they have better DVD prices? But I fully agree, Wal-Mart sucks.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length