RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2024, 02:48:34 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | I just got a TG-16 tonight 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I just got a TG-16 tonight  (Read 1695 times)
ApolloBoy
Director
United States

Stats
« on: June 14, 2007, 03:04:56 AM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eB...tem&item=140128091048

Not a bad lot, no?
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 08:18:29 AM »

Not bad at all. I'm still meaning to locate one sometime down the road. Let me know how the Bonk games are.

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 11:56:47 AM »

Welcome to the world of TG-16.  This is by far one of the greatest system's.  The bonk games are really great and you cannot beat the shooters for this system.

two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 04:11:05 PM »

very nice, i got one a long time ago and only still have 1 game for it.

TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 06:00:45 PM »

not a bad deal. i could recommend tons of games. here is my review of the tg-16 for a tg/pce website i am currently working on:

TurboGrafx-16:  NECs first US console was definately misunderstood in the states. With the popularity of the NES and the upcoming release of the Sega Genesis didn't leave much for the Turbografx-16. Also NEC was very perticular with who was alowed to release games for their console. Not much of a bad idea in my opinion.This gave the TurboGrafx-16 their own catalog of original games that were not available anywhere else..      Some of my recomendations, in no perticular order, are: Air Zonk, Blazing Lazers, Bonk's Adventure, Bonk's Revenge, Bonk 3: Bonk's Big Adventure, Cadash, Cratermaze, Devil's Crush, Jackie Chan's ACtion Kung Fu, Legandary Axe, Legendary Axe II, Military Madness, Neutopia, Neutopia II, Soldier Blade, Somer Assault, Splatterhouse, Super Star Soldier, Tricky Kick, and World Sports Competition. There are other good games and many shooters, I just listed my favorites.
     The controller is similar to the NES but the I & II buttons have turbo switches above them, which comes in handy with the shooters. The console only had one controller port so if you wanted to play any 2-4 player games (which there weren't many of) you had to get a turbo tap which allowed up to 4 players at once. There is an expansion port on the back that allowed the connection of a Turbo Booster (allowed for better picture and sound through av connection instead of rf connection), Turbo Booster Plus (same as turbo booster except it had an extra feature that allowed for game saving), or a TurboGrafx-CD (a system upgrade, which will be discussed later).
     If you have never played/owned a Turbografx-16 I highly suggest getting one. The Turbografx-16 console can be found easily on EBay for around $25 for the system only and around $50 for a console and some games bundled together. Also keep in mind that a lot of the 'better' games can go for a hefty price. The most expensive game is Magical Chase which can go for upwards of $300. Following in at second is Bonk 3: Bonk's Big Adventure for around $100. And in third is Air Zonk for $50. Those are the main expensive games, the rest can go for $30 or less. There were only 96 games released for this console, (a list is available on the front page). A few converters were made for playing Japanese PC Engine HuCard games on the Turbografx-16, one of those will cost around $100+ on EBay. But it can be well worth it for all the fun games that never saw the light of day in the United States.

You're my hero. Vanilla Ice RULES! I can't believe that there is another SERIOUS Vanilla Ice fan on this site. The special edition DVD should be called "Cool As Ice: Drop That Zero Edition".
Tan
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 08:06:50 PM »

A word of advice, give that review a run through with a spellcheck. I did that when I approved the submission you submitting that review for. It makes it look more professional and credible that way.

http://www.rfgeneration.c...fo.php?ID=U-039-H-00010-A
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length