RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 01, 2024, 07:19:47 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | secret santa 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: should we have a secret santa?
yes
no

Author Topic: secret santa  (Read 5503 times)
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2007, 01:43:41 PM »

I said no but I would do it. I have just seen too much bitching and complaining about this things.

"Hey, I sent you Alien Soldier JP and all you sent was Turd Burglar 3!"

"Yeah, but... err... R@RE!"

It's a good idea but not worth it for me unless AndyC or Alabama Shrimp would be up for it.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2007, 07:09:32 PM »

I said no but I would do it. I have just seen too much bitching and complaining about this things.

I would like to think our regulars are more "grown up" than those on other sites.

Also that is why it would not be open to EVERYONE.

And the 10-20$ range sounds good Smiley

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2007, 09:53:52 PM »

I would like to think our regulars are more "grown up" than those on other sites.

Also that is why it would not be open to EVERYONE.

And the 10-20$ range sounds good Smiley

Yeah thats true.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2007, 09:07:46 AM »

Return addy is also a good idea.

That or delivery confirmation at least.

To make sure the packages arrive.

Personally i don't think  it is a big deal if someone knows i got them their gift as it generally seems to come out one way or the other.

Plus i woud want to make sure if the package didn't arrive at their place it would come back to mine.

TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2007, 07:57:30 PM »

this can all be done very easily. after i sat and thought about it i came up with this:

1. all involved parties add games to their want list that are in the $10-$20 range.

2. a staff member chooses to be a third party and collect involved parties address'. he/she then PMs everyone their receivers address.

3. they then choose a game and mail it with a delivery confirmation. do not put a name on the return address just the address. this way its still secret and you can track the package to make sure it arrives.

4. the delivery confirmations are submitted to the third party and PMed to the proper member.

the receiver cant bitch because the game came from their want list and they dont know who sent them their gift. and of course keep this only to the members with good reputations, deemable by staff.

You're my hero. Vanilla Ice RULES! I can't believe that there is another SERIOUS Vanilla Ice fan on this site. The special edition DVD should be called "Cool As Ice: Drop That Zero Edition".
TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2007, 08:12:34 PM »

It's a good idea but not worth it for me unless AndyC or Alabama Shrimp would be up for it.

id be glad to trade with someone overseas. since i collect pc engine games it would be something that is readily available in their country.

You're my hero. Vanilla Ice RULES! I can't believe that there is another SERIOUS Vanilla Ice fan on this site. The special edition DVD should be called "Cool As Ice: Drop That Zero Edition".
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2007, 08:38:39 PM »

O NO YOUR IDENTITY HAS BEEN COMPROMIZED!!!!!!
lol

I'm glad to see we have a good amount of interest and the rough sketch of how this could work was done very quickly and rather painlessley Smiley

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2007, 11:54:23 PM »

id be glad to trade with someone overseas. since i collect pc engine games it would be something that is readily available in their country.

I was thinking more of postage. It would be a $10 game +$10 to send it. By then you've spent $20 on a game that isn't worth much. Unless it's actually worth $20 and it's bought for a low price.
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2007, 02:07:05 AM »

maybe an alternative 20-40 price range would a viable option

either way, I think we need some sort of system to verify the members involved.  I trust the mods here as far as overseeing that this goes smoothly.  (though, a self-addressed 50 game haul sounds tempting, hehe)  I would like to avoid stealing from DP, but maybe we need a feedback thread or something.  The $10 price point doesn't seem too bad for the first one as it isn't a terribly large loss (though certainly a loss).  It would definately be a good way for some fresh faces to earn some credibility. 

it's thinking
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2007, 08:09:24 AM »

We have a feedback thread but unfortunately many people have multiple posts in there and i haven't been able to go thru and consolidate everyones stuff again.

hint hint.
Keep all your feedback in one post.
If your going to make a new post add all your old info and delete the old one!

Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2007, 07:45:00 PM »

As James has said for us few not in the USA it might be bit of a problem, unless you wanted something that was easy to get here but how would we know what was and wasn't worth $10-20? i know at £5-10 you wont get much and the potage might be high too.

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2007, 09:36:14 PM »

I'd be interested, but as others have mentioned, it may not be worthwhile given international postage rates.  It may therefore be better to stick to people that are very trusted in the community, and then make the secret santa gifts slightly more expensive to reduce the weight of the shipping cost.  We could also try and get even numbers of participants from particular regions to match up so that everyone's shipping costs remain at a minimum. 

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2007, 09:05:33 AM »

Lol  I'll do it.

Ken

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/Mezmoron.png[/img]
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2007, 01:19:04 PM »

It may therefore be better to stick to people that are very trusted in the community

Lol  I'll do it.

Ken

Ummm no

:-P

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length