RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 29, 2024, 05:16:52 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Main Page Disply - No Menus 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Main Page Disply - No Menus  (Read 1453 times)
Marriott_Guy
Console Librarian
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« on: June 03, 2007, 02:00:32 PM »

Hello all.

This is probably a dumb question, but I can not get the main page to display the menus to the left.  I have had this problem since coming to RFG - I am just getting around to trying to fix it.  Iam running Win XP, IE 7, and have set this site in my 'Trusted' zone.  The only items I have to the left are the search functions, and then just the header listings for the links (Features, Community, Collection Tools) - there are no menu items underneath any of these headings.

Can someone help me out?  I am getting the error "banner is undefined' in line 400, with a reset code of 0 when firing up the main page.
Thanks in advance all...

Terry

PS.  The menu to the left will not display even in the forums.  The script error in the forums is 'collection is undefined' on line 120

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 02:43:02 PM »

Enable Javascript, you likely have it disabled. This site, and the next version will be pretty bad if you do not have javascript enabled.

Hello World.
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 02:46:24 PM »

It appears, that you may have ultra mega strict mode on for javascript. Try turning off ultra mega strict mode.

Hello World.
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 04:01:29 PM »

After screwing around with the latest version of IE, I have determined that you likely have your internet security settings to high, and in your trusted site config the security setting is also set to high (set it to medium). In high mode, it apparently deems all javascript as evil.

Hello World.
Marriott_Guy
Console Librarian
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 02:56:36 PM »

Thanks Trader.  It ended up being a problem with Norton Internet Security.  I eliminated that, and all in life is good again.
Thanks again for your help!

Terry

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length