RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2024, 12:23:15 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | Rare Console Find III 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rare Console Find III  (Read 1811 times)
Marriott_Guy
Console Librarian
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« on: May 28, 2007, 02:55:51 PM »

OK.  I don't have to worry about a box being crushed this time in my latest addition, since it was never released in a box for the retail public.  I added the very rare and unreleased Panasonic FZ-35S 3DO system to my collection.  This system was not released to the public at all, and was only distributed in limited quantities to professional outlets in the form of kiosks and the like (only in Japan from what I can gather).  The Panasonic M2 technology (3DO 2) was intended to be a gaming console system, but the manufacturer that purchased the rights to the 3DO M2 technology (Matsushita) decided there was not a market for a gaming system of this nature.  Only professional display/promotional titles were released for this console - unfortunately there were only 4 prototype games that were never released (to my knowledge).  Still, a very intriguing system that displays where console technology may go based on the time of it's release and the demands of the market.  Picture below of the system (courtesy of Dark Watchers great site) and the system I purchased.

* fz35s.jpg (12.18 KB, 450x224 - viewed 338 times.)

* fz35s1.jpg (22.78 KB, 400x300 - viewed 326 times.)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 02:58:10 PM by marriott_guy » Logged

Samada
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 04:10:06 PM »

Sweet, where'd you buy it?

Marriott_Guy
Console Librarian
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 04:13:50 PM »

I picked this up on eBay.... one of the few times I have seen this for sale, at a reasonable price.

two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 09:32:29 PM »

very cool, your always getting diffrent systems.

Lenneth
N-Gage
Australia

Stats
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 05:30:35 AM »

nice! have you opened it up? Is the cd drive just a normal one? Would be reassuring to know if you ever need parts for it. ^_^
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 10:36:46 PM »

Damn man you find some crazy systems.

Marriott_Guy
Console Librarian
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 04:40:25 PM »

I haven't received the system as of yet - it is en route from Greece.  It does come with a rare promotional DVD interactive video for a Chevy truck line (this system was utilized in a Chevy Dealership in Japan).  I'll take a few screen shots once received to display what the 3DO 2 could have done if the games were ever produced.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length