RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2024, 08:19:50 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Free Game Download for Xbox 360 (This wednesday, North America only) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Free Game Download for Xbox 360 (This wednesday, North America only)  (Read 5058 times)
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2007, 02:24:27 PM »

It is on the back burner for now.

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2007, 11:13:41 PM »

I was going to add this game to the database, I just wanted to make sure it was considered a legitimate game (since it's just a download).
They won't allow it yet because most of our staff is too far in the past...Wink

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Tan
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2007, 11:34:04 PM »

I was going to add this game to the database, I just wanted to make sure it was considered a legitimate game (since it's just a download).

Actually we're waiting for someone to convince us that binary code is highly collectable. laugh
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2007, 11:50:00 PM »

code lasts better against time on an unused HD compared to deteriorating C64 tapes or UMDs that seem like they were intentionally designed to break.  See this for more details.

However, digital media does blur some lines and legality, a HDD full of ROMs should never count.  Equally, with how much junk is made for PC.... I hardly think of a banner ad as a game, or some high school kid's computer final project as an "independent release".

it's thinking
Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2007, 09:54:53 AM »

Actually we're waiting for someone to convince us that binary code is highly collectable. laugh
Well, you guys already collect binary code in essence. Just on an intermediate format. What downloadable games do is elminate the intermediate and just give you the code directly.

UMDs that seem like they were intentionally designed to break.
Huh Huh Huh If you're talking about the CASE (as seen in the video), then you're really nitpicking at the PSP for a ridiculous reason. UMD discs are just as durable as DVDs.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 09:57:30 AM by Tondog » Logged

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2007, 05:56:13 PM »

Did you see the later part.  They are lacking the thick protective layer that regular CDs and DVDs have.  That part is exposed, and any rubbing or scratching can permanently make the disc unreadable.

Also, it is possible to dump Xbox Live arcade titles and play an otherwise legitimate copy on an unmodified system.

it's thinking
Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2007, 07:22:46 PM »

Be careful with em.

Follow me on Twitter
Tan
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2007, 02:30:49 PM »

The free Toyota Yaris advergame will be on the marketplace tomorrow.
Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2007, 10:28:25 PM »

Now why can't they put up Sneak King for free? Sad

Follow me on Twitter
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length