RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2024, 10:26:32 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Free Game Download for Xbox 360 (This wednesday, North America only) 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Free Game Download for Xbox 360 (This wednesday, North America only)  (Read 5072 times)
Tan
« on: May 14, 2007, 12:32:51 PM »

I'm usually not one for paying for digital content but a freebie is a freebie. On top of that it actually looks like a cool game. Here's the info from the www.Xbox.com website:

Aegis Wing is a side-scrolling space combat game reminiscent of classic eighties arcade hits. It features alien-busting action, slick graphics, an orchestral soundtrack, and devastating power-ups.

Also included is a unique cooperative mode of play in which up to three additional players can "attach" to the leader's ship and become independent, 360-degree gun turrets.

* Old-school genre: Get ready for an action-retro 2-D sci-fi side scrolling shooter, similar to Gradius or Defender.
    * Multiplayer gameplay: Up to four players can compete on the same console or on Xbox LIVE®. Attach to each other, and super weapon powers grow as more players attach. After attaching, there's one pilot and each rider rotates fire via a 360-degree gun turret.
    * Super weapons: Wield four super weapons, including the Hades Beam (kills everything in it's path), the Gordon Burst (EMP pulse that kills all bullets and short circuits enemies), the Arcus Missile (heat-seeking missiles), and Lambda Shield (allows bullets to be deflected and used against the enemies).

Aegis Wing

Developer: Carbonated Games
Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Genre: Action
Release Date: May 2007
Console: Xbox 360
Game Rating: E (Everyone) Mild Fantasy Violence
Players: 1-4, Co-op
Players Online: 2-4, Xbox Live Co-op
Features: Custom Soundtracks, HDTV 720p,
Storage Device, Leaderboards, Friends, Player Stats
Voice Messaging, Voice Support, Xbox Live Aware

Keep 'em coming, I don't mind a co-op Gradius clone  Wink

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 02:57:48 PM »

Thanks man!

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 03:50:06 PM »

MS?! Free game?! GIVING AWAY?! Geez, that's something you don't see every day. Wink

That's great news though. I'm glad they're doing it.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Tan
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 04:03:27 PM »

MS?! Free game?! GIVING AWAY?! Geez, that's something you don't see every day. Wink

That's great news though. I'm glad they're doing it.

Actually this is the fourth or fifth freebie game so far. Nice free marketing if these guys ever start developing full-time. Good reviews for this game will keep people's eyes on them and encourage future projects, which if I'm not mistaken was a part of the XNA function from the get-go.
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 01:15:18 PM »

Thanks for the heads up  Smiley

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 10:06:50 AM »

I gotta say..... Aegis Wing is a blast!

A great side-scrolling shump worthy of a full game. It clearly takes elements from classics such as Gradius, Life Force and more.

I played 4 player multi-player mode with some of my PSU buddies and we had a blast. If you own a 360, I highly suggest you download this game.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 10:23:30 AM »

I downloaded it but don't know when i will have time to play it.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 11:35:54 AM »

If you own a 360, I highly suggest you download this game.

Angry
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 12:34:39 PM »

If you own a 360, I highly suggest you download this game.

Angry

What?

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 12:42:38 PM »

Can't get it in the UK is my guess.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2007, 07:17:33 AM »

Can't get it in the UK is my guess.

I see....

Very sorry to hear that.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 10:49:03 AM »

Finally got a chance to play this game. Was really fun. I didn't like how the back ground rotates from time to time. Made me want to barf.

Rajaat the Warbringer
CD-i
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2007, 12:54:19 PM »

I was going to add this game to the database, I just wanted to make sure it was considered a legitimate game (since it's just a download).

There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.

--Moby Dick
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2007, 01:10:37 PM »

Not able to be added. Community decision to not include in the database.

Tan
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2007, 01:10:55 PM »

I'm not sure where we are in terms of opening that can of worms yet. There has been talk of allowing digital downloads as collectable games in the past but I think it's been shelved for the time being.

Maybe one of the Admins will pipe in and give more details. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length