RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 05:16:43 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | RFGeneration Archives | Weekly Poll 4/15/07 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: Did you pick up Super Paper Mario?
Yes, and it is an awesome game!   -2 (9.5%)
Yes, it's alright.   -0 (0%)
Yes, but it sucks.   -0 (0%)
No, but I plan on getting it soon.   -7 (33.3%)
No, and I don't want it.   -2 (9.5%)
No, because I don't have a Wii yet.   -10 (47.6%)
Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Weekly Poll 4/15/07  (Read 3867 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« on: April 15, 2007, 02:50:06 PM »

Super Paper Mario recently released, did you pick it up?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 02:51:28 PM »

I lost my Wii in the war.

When shall his new form be revealed?
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 02:57:06 PM »

Where's the option for...

Wink Tongue

It looks like a decent game but I don't have a Wii. I've actually never played a Paper Mario. I was going to buy The Thousand Year Door but it never came below £25, then they stopped selling it because no one was buying it.

I don't think Super Paper Mario is even out over here.
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 03:03:30 PM »

Have it, love it, but the GC Paper Mario is better.

Hello World.
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 03:08:02 PM »

I disagree with TraderJake. SPM blows away the previous PM games because it isn't much of an RPG.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 03:31:22 PM »

Yeah, but you don't like RPGs very much Wink

Hello World.
Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 04:06:59 PM »

Exactly, and that's why I love SPM! It's all the fun of RPGs without boring menu-based fighting and overly indulgent storylines.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Tan
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 04:40:26 PM »

Exactly, and that's why I love SPM! It's all the fun of RPGs without boring menu-based fighting and overly indulgent storylines.

You must have been the one who gave it a 100% rating then? High praise for a Gamecube game  Wink
shoes23
Legendary AFK'er
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 05:06:01 PM »

I haven't played any of them, but I've heard nothing but good things about all of them.  Are there three of them now (N64, Gamecube, and Wii)?  Is the first one the best one to start with?

www.questmarker.net
[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/shoes23.png[/img]
Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2007, 05:34:55 PM »

Shoes, if you like RPGs, go with the earlier ones. If you like old Mario platformers, then go with Super Paper Mario.

Tan, I did give it 100% because I don't think there are any flaws with SPM. It's easily one of my top 5 games ever.

Follow me on Twitter
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2007, 05:53:17 PM »

So it's the menu based combat part of RPGs you don't like?

Well I can see that, but from the way you talk I thought you didn't like RPGs period, including stuff like Baldurs Gate and WoW and what have you.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tan
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2007, 06:28:55 PM »

Shoes, if you like RPGs, go with the earlier ones. If you like old Mario platformers, then go with Super Paper Mario.

Tan, I did give it 100% because I don't think there are any flaws with SPM. It's easily one of my top 5 games ever.

It's not a matter of flaws, it's a matter of how good the game is overall. That means all of your top 5 games must be rated 100%, if not SPM must be better than anything else you've ever played.

I'm just surprised you gave it a perfect score. It's good but even for a Mario game I doubt many people would find it to be equal or better to Super Mario 64 or any of the others.
Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 10:30:14 PM »

All the members of my top 5 club (The Neverhood, Grim Fandango, Psychonauts, Ratchet and Clank, and Super Paper Mario) are rated 100%. That's how much I love them. And yes, I do think it is better than Mario 64 because that camera control system there really got on my nerves.

Leon, I don't like WoW, but I've never played it. I don't like WoW because of what it has done to some of my friends and what it has made them become.

Follow me on Twitter
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2007, 10:57:00 AM »

I haven't played any of them, but I've heard nothing but good things about all of them.  Are there three of them now (N64, Gamecube, and Wii)?  Is the first one the best one to start with?

I am with Shoe on this one.

Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2007, 01:05:57 PM »

In that you haven't played any of them?

Follow me on Twitter
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length