RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 02:34:19 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | RFGeneration Archives | Weekly Poll 4/8/07 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Poll
Question: Which game would make you buy a PS3?
Final Fantasy XIII   -2 (9.5%)
Metal Gear Solid 4   -2 (9.5%)
Devil May Cry 4   -0 (0%)
Kingdom Hearts 3   -3 (14.3%)
God of War III (If it is released)   -2 (9.5%)
None of the above   -12 (57.1%)
Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Weekly Poll 4/8/07  (Read 9493 times)
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2007, 02:12:30 PM »

I think I'll buy a PS3 on principle now.

Most places have already knocked £25 off less than two weeks after the record breaking launch. Some places are even down to £375.

No one here hates the PS3. The sad fact is that as consumers Sony just isn't giving value for the money spent simple as that.
I think they're giving very good value for money considering the cheapest standalone BluRay player on the market costs around £500. It's also got a handy little games machine built in!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 02:16:11 PM by James » Logged
Tan
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2007, 02:27:50 PM »

I think I'll buy a PS3 on principle now.

Most places have already knocked £25 off less than two weeks after the record breaking launch. Some places are even down to £375.

No one here hates the PS3. The sad fact is that as consumers Sony just isn't giving value for the money spent simple as that.
I think they're giving very good value for money considering the cheapest standalone BluRay player on the market costs around £500. It's also got a handy little games machine built in!

I agree the Blu-ray player definately makes a good deal for those interested in a cheap alternative, but that double edge blade is the killer costs added for those who just want a game machine or assuming Blu-Ray dominates will want to choose their own player.
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2007, 03:20:09 PM »

Does Kojima have the final say or does Konami? If it is Konami money talks.
I'd imagine that Kojima has enough say in Konami to decide where he wants his games. I can't say that for sure, but that's just my guess, seeing how he makes one of their most successful franchises.

No one here hates the PS3.
I beg to differ.

The sad fact is that as consumers Sony just isn't giving value for the money spent simple as that.
Because value is a $400 console, a $100 WiFi adapter, a $200 HD-DVD drive, and a fee for online service to even match the competition's set of features. Yeah, great value.  Roll Eyes

Setting aside their filthy arrogance
MS, Sony, and Nintendo all have their share of arrogance. Arrogance has been a part of the console wars ever since the days of SNES and Genesis.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2007, 03:22:35 PM »

God, you people are fucking picky!

I was saying that in reference to every poll I put up someone usually bitches about a choice not being up.  Also the reason none of the above was NOT listed is because I was trying to see what series would get a person to buy a PS3 REGARDLESS of price.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2007, 03:23:39 PM »

By the way I chose FF XIII.  I love the RPG's and the FF series.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2007, 03:29:34 PM »

Sorry. :embarassed: I'll try to make more of an effort next time.
Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2007, 03:44:58 PM »

I was saying that in reference to every poll I put up someone usually bitches about a choice not being up.  Also the reason none of the above was NOT listed is because I was trying to see what series would get a person to buy a PS3 REGARDLESS of price.
Exactly. When it comes to PS3, the only thing people against it can think about is price.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2007, 03:50:29 PM »

The sad fact is that as consumers Sony just isn't giving value for the money spent simple as that.
Because value is a $400 console, a $100 WiFi adapter, a $200 HD-DVD drive, and a fee for online service to even match the competition's set of features. Yeah, great value.  Roll Eyes

Well, 1Up.com did a comparison of adding the costs of what's on the 360 but not on the PS3 to the PS3 and adding what's on the PS3 but not on the 360 to the 360. The end result was that the total difference was less than $10 off. One was about $843 and the other $851 I think.

But the point is if you don't NEED a WiFi, or if you don't NEED a Blu-Ray player, you don't HAVE to pay the extra money for them if you own the 360. Why does this point always seem to get lost in the discussion? I'd rather spend the money that I'd save on these features (that I wouldn't use) and buy games with it.

I like having that choice.

But to get back on topic,
@Shaggy, the way the original poll question is worded implies that you'd be willing to pay $600 on a PS3 if one of the selected games was available. That's probably why there were so many None of the Above selections.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 03:59:21 PM by phoenix1967 » Logged

Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2007, 05:03:03 PM »

Phoenix: I assume you mean this one here about the Elite vs the PS3?
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158279

They came up with $849.95 for 360 and $857.80 for PS3. Those figures are 100% BS. What's wrong in their comparison?

1. The ridiculous price for the Bluetooth headset they have listed.  Sony Ericsson Bluetooth Headset -- $109.95. Yes, they have the Logitech one listed for $50 as well, but why the hell do they not use the Logitech one for their numbers instead of the Sony Ericsson one?!

2. They include both component and HDMI cables in their numbers. Pick one or the other.

3. The $60 HDMI cable. If you pay $60 for any cable, you're a moron. As they said on 1up, Monoprice sells a 10ft HDMI cable for just $7.10. If they know that fact, why didn't they use that in their numbers?

4. "A 60 Gig Expansion for the HD -- Fujitsu 60 B 2.5" -- $64.88 (you'll also need an enclosure, thanks Eurogamer Forums)." Wrong. You can just slip in any standard 2.5 inch sata hard drive. A 120 gb one runs for about $80, and a 60 gb one (going off what they are doing) runs for $47.

So, let's redo the math with correct numbers...

PS3 (599) (TO MAKE IT MATCH THE ELITE 360 MODEL)+
-Logitech Mobile Express Bluetooth Headset (30 on amazon.com)+
-HDMI Cable (8)+
-120 GB hard drive (80) or 60 GB hard drive (47)
Total: $684

Xbox 360 Elite (480) (TO MAKE IT MATCH THE CURRENT 60 GB PS3)+
-HD-DVD Drive (200)+
-WiFi adapter (D-Link DGL 3420 (currently 85 on Amazon.com))+
-Charge and Play Kit for Controller (20)+
-Xbox Live 360 12-month Gold Card (50)
Total: $835

Xbox 360 Premium (400) (TO MAKE IT MATCH THE CURRENT 60 GB PS3)+
-HD-DVD drive (200)+
-WiFi adapter (D-Link DGL 3420 (currently 85 on Amazon.com))+
-Charge and Play Kit for Controller (20)+
-Xbox Live 360 12-month Gold Card (50)+
-I'll be fair and leave the hard drive alone as there is no available 60 gb 360 hard drive and I don't want to overinflate the cost of the 360 with that 120 gb one or add on additional hard drives to make the storage be 60gb.
Total: $755

In conclusion, 1up doesn't know math or how to comparison shop.

But the point is if you don't NEED a WiFi, or if you don't NEED a Blu-Ray player, you don't HAVE to pay the extra money for them if you own the 360. Why does this point always seem to get lost in the discussion? I'd rather spend the money that I'd save on these features (that I wouldn't use) and buy games with it.
And that's by far the biggest advantage of 360, however the lack of a next gen disc format can limit game developers with the amount of stuff they can cram into the game.

Follow me on Twitter
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2007, 05:32:53 PM »

I don't think Kojima should be taken seriously at all. He claimed Metal Gear Solid 2 would be the final Metal Gear Solid. He claimed Metal Gear Solid would not be on any system besides Sony consoles. He then claimed Metal Gear Solid 3 would be the final Metal Gear Solid. Now we have Metal Gear Solid 4. I wonder what's next.

Snatcher making a comeback I hope Smiley lol
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2007, 05:38:26 PM »

First Tondog XBL cost 60 a year not 50.

Second

sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping

Tan
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2007, 05:49:23 PM »

Someone should do a comparison for the 2 as gaming platforms, that is what they are aren't they?  laugh  Roll Eyes

Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2007, 05:54:32 PM »

Someone should do a comparison for the 2 as gaming platforms, that is what they are aren't they?  laugh  Roll Eyes
What fun would that be? Wink

Follow me on Twitter
Tan
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2007, 06:03:50 PM »

What fun would that be? Wink

Yes I suppose some battles shouldn't be fought for fear of absolute defeat now should they?  slick
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2007, 08:42:35 PM »

Whoa, how in Pikachu's over used anus did I miss all this? I mean I'm the one who started it.

Someone hid the damn thread at the top.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length