RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 04:23:43 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Media Mail!!?? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Media Mail!!??  (Read 3460 times)
bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« on: March 31, 2007, 01:58:33 PM »

Anyone ever have trouble shipping Video Games via Media Mail?  I sent some NES carts to Shaggy this week and got a letter today from the local Post Master saying Video Games don't qualify so they are sending it postage due for the difference.  I have sent lots of games that way before and never had an issue but it looks like they are not allowed.  Just wondering what others have experienced with this, I may continue to send Media Mail and just pay the difference if I have to.  I don't get it, Book, CD, DVD and Computer readable media are ok, but no Video Games or Magazines!!

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 04:08:52 PM »

never heard of that, i've sent alot of stuff media mail.I have a budddy who works at the post office, I will ask him.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 04:53:12 PM »

I have had some people at the Post Office tell me they are not Media Mail and I have had people tell me they are.

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 05:35:23 PM »

I was told once that magazines are not aloud for media mail.

What sense does that make Huh?

I should have just told her it was a soft bound book.

Here is what I have come to find.

If you are sending a NES, SNES, N64, Atari, Etc.  Just say it is a cassete.

PS1, PS2, XBox. etc. Just say it is a DVD.

They will never know the difference.

BUT I NO LONGER USE MEDIA MAIL. B/C I have had packages look like they were played soccer with.  And I got screwed out of a FF III game on EBAY b/c the package was torn open and smashed during delivery.
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 11:00:09 PM »

mine will not send games media mail

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
MrMark0673
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 09:44:16 AM »

My post office sent games just fine media mail, only problem was, they never got there.  I trade a bunch of CIB 2600 games to a member on the NESworld forums and my delivery confirmation stated that the package was never picked up and it was being sent back.  I haven't seen it since.  From now on, I'll pay the extra cash to have it sent parcel or priority.
Funk_Buddy
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 10:59:18 AM »

Magazines has something to do with the "advertisements". Mine will send CD/DVD based games no problem, but have never said anything about carts either.

Slowly building an ammo fort.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 12:15:29 PM »

I sent justabums NES stuff via media mail.
Saved me almost 40 bucks doing so.

The woman asked me if it was tapes and books.

I agreed and said there were some magazines in there too then she started to hassle me saying they may open it up and blah blah blah.

From now on UPS all the way if i can help it. USPS has pissed me off way to much and destroyed way too many of my things

Kevincal
Donor
United States
Awards: RFG Promoter

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 02:45:12 PM »

The Post Office has always given me a rash of crap for trying to send vid games or magazines Media Mail.  So, I never offer it when I'm selling something. 

Cherish the most important things in life, your health & family.
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 09:56:51 AM »

I have sent several items(games) via media mail previously, with no problems. But the one time I sent shaggy some stuff via media mail, I got the same issue you did Huh

Maybe shaggy's local post office is a stickler for this sort of thing.  Angry

Either way, I think you are going to get a different answer from most post offices on the matter Undecided

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 11:04:01 AM »

I knew it....It is Shaggys fault!

bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 08:39:31 PM »

I'd like to blame him but the letter was from my local post office.  Not to mention the games he sent me came Media Mail without issue!!  I think it was just a random inspection.  I did come across this when checking out media mail http://www.ebaywiki.com/A...ia_Mail~~1000000000000053 ebay's new wiki seems to back the no Video Games or Magazines stance.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 09:11:36 PM »

Video games I can almost understand but magazines?

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 08:16:38 AM »

I have sent several items(games) via media mail previously, with no problems. But the one time I sent shaggy some stuff via media mail, I got the same issue you did Huh

Maybe shaggy's local post office is a stickler for this sort of thing.  Angry

Either way, I think you are going to get a different answer from most post offices on the matter Undecided

What had happened is he sent it in a priority mail box you get from the post office but he turned it inside out.  I assume they suspected this and they opened the box and saw it was a priority mail box so they charged priority shipping.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2007, 08:18:42 AM »

I did receive the package with a paper attached to the box that states that $3.30 is owed on the shipment but I never had to go to the post office to pick it up and pay for it.  Bum-man nor I never had to pay the extra $3.30 so I don't get it.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length