RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2024, 02:24:39 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Image Submission question 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Image Submission question  (Read 1301 times)
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« on: March 30, 2007, 03:04:05 PM »

I have a couple games that have fairly bad labels, but they are not in the database, so I was wondering if these should be submitted at all.  So it a "anything is better than nothing policy" or a "great quality or nothing" policy?  Of course I won't submit the really terrible ones. 
Do you guys approve each submitted image individually or do you approve large groups at once?

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 03:46:13 PM »

I have a couple games that have fairly bad labels, but they are not in the database, so I was wondering if these should be submitted at all.  So it a "anything is better than nothing policy" or a "great quality or nothing" policy?  Of course I won't submit the really terrible ones. 
Do you guys approve each submitted image individually or do you approve large groups at once?

Well something is better then nothing but at the same time if some sees a game has a scan submission they might not submit a better image.

We ok each submission one at a time.

Lets see what some other people say.

By the way what games are they?

Funk_Buddy
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 03:51:11 PM »

I know I'm still new here, but when I'm looking if the game already has scans I just passed by as Tynstar said. If it's just a tear and not a chunk missing I'd say it's ok. On the other hand if half is gone and it's a real common game I'd say no.

Slowly building an ammo fort.
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 03:57:28 PM »

I've got a bunch of games today and I checked to see which ones are missing and the only one that is missing and has a bad label is Splatterhouse 3.  The others that are missing have decent labels. 
If it matters, these games I'm talking about now, have mostly sun damage and fading.  They are not missing pieces of labels, I wouldn't even consider them if they did.   

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 04:11:09 PM »

Well if they are Genesis games go ahead because I am going through all the scans in that section while I scan all my games. Ones that need to be replaced I replace.

Another problem (well not really a problem) is we use to have a size standard of 450 on the short side. The standard now is 550. Replacing the older scans in the database would be nice. But that means going through all the the scans in the database.

Kevincal
Donor
United States
Awards: RFG Promoter

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 07:43:38 PM »

I usually don't scan a game if it's already in the database and looks decent.  I did just recently submit an NES cart scan even though there was one already in the database, but the one already there had big time writing on it.  Also, remember to check for label variations.  I recently submitted atleast 3 NES label variations.  Check for the little things!

Cherish the most important things in life, your health & family.
AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 11:33:46 AM »

When I'm reviewing the submissions, if any scans are really bad, ie quality of the scan or the item being scanned is of too poor a quality I won't approve it. I know something is better than nothing, but sometimes I feel it would look unproffessional and reflect badly on ourselves if we have bad images in the database, whilst our rivals may have some mint scans of the said item.

Quality, I feel, is key in this area.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length