RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 25, 2024, 01:19:15 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | Deal I got at Game Crazy 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Deal I got at Game Crazy  (Read 3751 times)
mnbren05
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« on: January 31, 2007, 04:02:19 PM »

I was browsing through the N64,Nintendo,Genesis,SNES bin at Game Crazy and I noticed they were having a sale any 3 of those games in the bin for $10. So I looked through nothing too good. Then I noticed they had Conker's Bad Fur Day. They had three of them + Mario Kart. So I ended up with 3 Conker's Bad Fur Day, 1 Mario Kart, 1 complete unopened Hey You Pikachu (yeah i know it sucks), and Star Wars Rogue SquadronI've sold 2 of the Conker's so far. The first went for $19 and the second for $27. Quite possibly the best turn around I have ever had. The third one is up for auction now. Hopefully, it will get as much as the others.

Oh and when I bought the Conker's the guy told me that two of them had boxes and were traded with whole systems. The clerk then said they threw out the manuals and boxes because, "Nobody wants that crap." I almost fell over. Why must game stores and careless clerks destroy the collector value?! lol just a little rant
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 05:06:05 PM »

NIce turn around you had.

I can't stand when game stores throw away boxes and manuals. They say it saves space. BASTARDS!!

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 10:42:46 PM »

Unfortunatley that's become a trend of major chain video game stores  no.

Nice score anyways!  I only wish I had that kind of luck flipping games!
mnbren05
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 02:20:55 AM »

It's the first one I ever had, hopefully more to come. I still cannot understand the whole boxes/manuals thing with them. Local owned gamestores sell the game with the boxes and manuals for less than just carts or discs. The reason being that games in boxes take up more space and are harder to move. So why would I for example buy a Donkey Kong 64 cart for $10 when they have the same thing with box and instructions for $7? I'll never understand how these guys work, that and how unfairly they price things. Ebay is not a pricing guide.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 09:29:39 AM »

I have yelled at my boss for throwing away boxes and manuals.

That is why i bring home so many lately.
He threw away a bunch of GBA and GBC boxes on me though which pissed me off.

Congrats on the sweet profits Smiley
Doesn't Game Crazy Roxxorz?

Ando
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 10:51:28 AM »

Doesn't Game Crazy Roxxorz?
They're all we have left after what... what happened to Rhino... *cries in a corner*

So, yeah, that's awesome. I can say that I've tried doing that but it failed. Sad But hey, you got some awesome profit, so good for you! Smiley
mnbren05
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 08:30:34 PM »

Yeah I can use the money too for gas and what not. Too bad Game Crazy is liquidating everything. Its a shame that they are getting out of the classic consoles.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 12:54:17 AM »

No we arn't.

On the other hand EB/GameStop is not even suppose to have PS1 stock anymore.

Oh heads up if you get lucky you might be able to still find new GBA games at GameCrazy. With the exception of under20 titles all new GBA games were supposed to be shipped out of the stores.

Ando
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 11:30:38 AM »

Oh heads up if you get lucky you might be able to still find new GBA games at GameCrazy. With the exception of under20 titles all new GBA games were supposed to be shipped out of the stores.
SRSLY?!!
I... I don't know what to say about that. I'm almost... scared. Somebody, please, hold me.
mnbren05
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 06:08:21 PM »

No we arn't.

On the other hand EB/GameStop is not even suppose to have PS1 stock anymore.

My local Game Crazy told me all the stores nation-wide are liquidating anything pre PS2 by summer time.  He told me that it was infact all of the stores too. Hmmm I should have known better than to trust him. He seemed to pull it out of nowhere. Oh well, thanks Im going to check the other stores around to see if they have any good stuff.
Lenneth
N-Gage
Australia

Stats
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 05:36:08 AM »

yea I hate it when they throw out boxes too. Another thing I equally hate is when they take the disc out of the case and keep it in plastic pockets in the drawer behind the front desk. Not only have I got dusty, fingerprinted new games but sometimes scratched ones as well!
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 08:49:57 AM »

Did i ever mention how i was ripping off gamecrazy by constantly trading in goldeneye, loZ and FF7 for more than i could purchase them back for?

I only made like 50cents per transaction i think...

Regardless i bought a couple games and strat guides, accessories with that money Smiley

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 04:36:06 PM »

I had found a large number of loose Super Metroid carts a while back (13 of them, if I remember right). Got them all for like $2 each and flipped them to a shop owner (who is a massive jerk, by the way) for $20 store credit. Got quite a bit of nice stuff (mint complete copies of Final Fantasy II, Ogre Battle 64 and Alien vs. Predator as well as a few other things) for dirt cheap.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2007, 10:35:27 PM »

I had found a large number of loose Super Metroid carts a while back (13 of them, if I remember right). Got them all for like $2 each and flipped them to a shop owner (who is a massive jerk, by the way) for $20 store credit. Got quite a bit of nice stuff (mint complete copies of Final Fantasy II, Ogre Battle 64 and Alien vs. Predator as well as a few other things) for dirt cheap.

Very very nice. The guy being a dick makes it even better.

Lenneth
N-Gage
Australia

Stats
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 05:39:06 AM »

What a score! I'd die for Ogre Battle! hmm, I don't think I ever got Super Metroid, thanks for reminding me.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length