RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2024, 10:16:16 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Gaming News January 11th 2007 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Gaming News January 11th 2007  (Read 1031 times)
Tan
« on: January 11, 2007, 12:05:45 PM »

Sharp's AQUOS TVs Just For Gaming
from Kotaku

Sharp had its line of "Game Players" televisions on display in the middle of their massive CES booth. Dwarfed by the massive 108" professional display, the pair of 1080p liquid crystal HDTVs were hooked up to PlayStation 3s, idling in attract mode......Read More

Warlords Joins Disciples II And Jagged Alliance 2 In Strategy First's Lineup For The Nintendo DS
from Game News

Montreal, Canada. January 10th, 2007. Software Publisher Strategy First Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Silverstar Holdings, Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSTR), and Glyphic Entertainment announce the signing of “Warlords Nintendo DS”. This classic turn-base strategy title truly compliments the “Disciples II DS” that is currently under development.......Read More

MotorStorm Does Not Support 1080p
from 1up

Between a speech by Peter Dille, Sony Computer Entertainment America's senior VP of marketing, and a Sony representative both indicating MotorStorm would debut in the US at 60 frames per second and supporting 1080p resolutions, the Internet's been ablaze with speculation about the off-road racer. Too bad it's all for nothing........Read More

Tan
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 12:07:06 PM »

If anyone has positive news about the PS3 please contribute, because what little news that system is putting out isn't worth much right now as far as I can see.  Tongue

Jagged Alliance on the DS almost made me fall out of my chair, hot damn I love that series.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 12:12:44 PM by Tan » Logged
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 12:27:10 PM »

MotorStorm Does Not Support 1080p
from 1up

Between a speech by Peter Dille, Sony Computer Entertainment America's senior VP of marketing, and a Sony representative both indicating MotorStorm would debut in the US at 60 frames per second and supporting 1080p resolutions, the Internet's been ablaze with speculation about the off-road racer. Too bad it's all for nothing........Read More

The hole is getting bigger. Keep digging Sony.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 03:50:04 PM »

rofl

Leon, I think that question was directed at you...

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 06:41:12 PM »

Hehe. I think Sony's just going to have to survive for awhile and make a good name for itself gamewise. It's still the superior system but they did indeed drop the ball on it. If Sony can stay alive for a year or two they'll do alright, one thing about the PS3 is that it'll have a longer life span than the 360 (not sure what the deal is with Wii) and I believe M$ will be designing a new system when PS3 will still be up to date with technology.

Truth is they should have waited longer, possibly another year. Sure they would have been criticized, but they could have built more hype and they wouldn't have been competing with a cheaper 'new' system over the holidays.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 08:26:43 PM »

Nice post Leon. You talked about Sony and made sense.

Tan
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 09:43:31 PM »

NPD: Mario, Madden Top Software List 2006
from Kotaku

The Playstation 2's Madden NFL 07 was the top selling video game of 2006, by a wide margin. Next up was New Super Mario Bros for the DS followed by ube-shooter Gears of War.....Read More

All-time Best Selling Franchise List
from gameindustry.biz

A list of the best-selling games franchises of all-time reveals that Japanese developed titles are the most dominant, with 10 brands in the top 20 coming from companies such as Nintendo, Capcom, Sega and Square Enix.......Read More

Classic Atari 2600 Freeway Game 1B falls to New comer
from Twin Galaxies

But it was thought that in a single game, 34 was the max that could be reached. It would seem that everyone forgot to tell Frankie that there was a limit......Read More
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 09:48:58 PM by Tan » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length