RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 03:19:59 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Insuring a collection? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Insuring a collection?  (Read 3792 times)
welchracing33
N-Gage
United States

Stats

Champion of

More>>
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2007, 10:02:13 PM »

A lot of this depends on your insurance company as they are ALL DIFFERENT. In most cases your games and systems are covered undered your personall property, HOWEVER, depending on your company and your Policy. In most cases if your lose your stuff what they will do is find out what "they" can get it for, and give you that price for it. I.E. They find legend of zelda gold cart for 5 dollars, thats what you get. Unless you have your collection itemized. This costs a little extra and is a lot more work but WELL WORTH IT. On march 10, 2006 my wife and I bought a new house, moving into it we had several outbuilding storing stuff, on March 12, an F-4 Tornado ripped everything to shreds, I lost dam near my ENTIRE collection. It was covered under my persanall property, But I got RAPED when they paid out. DIDNT get NEAR what it cost to replace it all. I now have my collection itemized. And if you really do value your collection, take the time and the little extra money to itemize it. Just some words from experince, hoping no one has to go through what I did. At the time my insurance company was American Family, Not anymore, They sucked after that. Had to throw that in.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length