RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2024, 07:21:57 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Any word on Year-End sales? 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Any word on Year-End sales?  (Read 2106 times)
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« on: December 27, 2006, 04:58:41 PM »

I haven't heard anything about any Toys R Us, Circuit City, or the like having any big year-end closeout sales. Last year, TRU had a BIG $10 sale, but this year it seems no one's said anything.

Anyone heard any big year-end sale news?

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 07:29:15 PM »

I read somewhere EB and Gamestop have a 1.99 clearance bin.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 08:53:38 PM »

WOW!  Shocked

1st I've heard of that. And I was just at EB/Gamestop but didn't see anything to confirm. Maybe it's starting next week?

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 09:23:10 PM »

WOW!  Shocked

1st I've heard of that. And I was just at EB/Gamestop but didn't see anything to confirm. Maybe it's starting next week?

No idea.

I will ask my friend that runs a Gamestop.

Tan
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 11:31:30 PM »

WOW!  Shocked

All the EB's around here started the $1.99 deals today, didn't take long to empty those huge bins they had.  Tongue
s1lence
Resident Achievement Guru
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 05:22:46 PM »

TRU is having another large 10 buck or less sale going on though most stores are already cleaned out.
ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 10:12:55 PM »

[quot
I read somewhere EB and Gamestop have a 1.99 clearance bin.

Yes they do.  all old Xbox/ps2 sports games, though.
djbeatmongrel
Donor

Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 11:28:42 PM »

at any gamestops/ebs that still sell n64 and ps1 games they are buy one get one free. yes BUY ONE GET ONE FREE. they are trying as quickly as possible to clear out our stock to make room so get them while you can.

this deal is all stores that sell them still. it automatically ativates itself on the transa#tions.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 11:40:49 PM »

TRU is having another large 10 buck or less sale going on though most stores are already cleaned out.

Is there a list of games posted somewhere?

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 11:55:01 PM »

at any gamestops/ebs that still sell n64 and ps1 games they are buy one get one free. yes BUY ONE GET ONE FREE. they are trying as quickly as possible to clear out our stock to make room so get them while you can.

this deal is all stores that sell them still. it automatically activates itself on the transactions.
I went to Gamestop and all they had was sports games and games that haven't had a price drop in quite a few years.  Then I went to EB Games and nothing but sports games and a sealed copy of some WCW wrestling game, I was tempted to buy it, until I saw the price of $49.99

Neither one had a $1.99 bin. 

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2006, 02:22:19 AM »

this deal is all stores that sell them still. it automatically activates itself on the transactions.
...WCW wrestling game, I was tempted to buy it, until I saw the price of $49.99

When I see a game where the price seems too high, I'll take it to the counter and have them scan it for a price check. If it comes up lower, they'll let you know.

djbeatmongrel
Donor

Stats
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2006, 07:56:17 AM »

i would definitely ask them for price checks on the games if thats the case. since its normally not in the higher ups agenda, most store managers neglect to do relabeling of the older games. i know at my store the priceing should be correct or atleast current within the last fews months since my manager had made the effort one week to make sure everything was priced correctly.
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2006, 08:43:52 AM »

I visited my local gamestop last night.  They had a bin of $10 and under games for the ps2 and x-box.  Mostly sports games in the bin.  I checked around and they happen to be one that no longer sell's n64, dreamcast, and ps1 games.  I picked up Capcom Classic's Collection Vol 2. with my giftcard and left.  I recommend this collection it has some excellent older shooters including 1941 and varth.  Very good stuff

s1lence
Resident Achievement Guru
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2006, 08:56:34 AM »

Is there a list of games posted somewhere?

CAG I believe has it posted but I had a link on DP but they are currently down again (big surprise).
I do know a couple of the titles as I was looking for them
PS2 9.98
Steambot Chronicles
Metal Saga
Dot Hack G/U
Ps2 19.98
Tales of Legendia
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length