RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 17, 2024, 03:37:33 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Worst Mistake you ever made..................... 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Worst Mistake you ever made.....................  (Read 4465 times)
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« on: December 20, 2006, 08:37:03 PM »

I thought this would be fun.

Have you ever sold or traded a game, system, or anything game related that you wished you would have NEVER got rid of.

What is your biggest regret...........

This summer I found " The Legend of Zelda" Board game.  I bought it at a yard sale for 0.25 cents.

I sold it on Ebay for $ 44.41.  It seemed like a great deal then. But I wished I would have kept it.

Lets hear your stories.......
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 09:05:14 PM »

HMmmmmmmm..... I have sold games that I wish I still had but nothing major. I wish I had all the boxes and manuals my family threw out for the Atari 2600 and Intellivision when I was a kid.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 10:08:23 PM »

I bought FF1 for 25 cents, then I sold it for a lot.

I never missed playing it so I guess that's a stupid example. One thing I regret is not trading in all my PS2 games when they were worth something, although I still like playing them.

Hmm, I don't think I've ever made a mistake Wink

When shall his new form be revealed?
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 10:21:26 PM »

I've sold a few games to Gamestop and got ripped of, but nothing really special. 
My biggest mistake was throwing away all the boxes to my NES games from when I was a kid.  This was before I got into collecting and was getting bored with gaming in general.  I was cleaning my room and found a box with all my NES games in their box.  I thought "these things are taking up way too much room, I better throw them out"  Luckily I kept all the manuals at least.  A few days after I threw them out, I was eBay and just figured I see if anyone was crazy enough to buy game boxes.   And sure enough, there were a bunch of them on there.  That's when I started to collect, I got out my NES, SNES, and N64 and hooked them up.  So, it really sucks that I threw them out, but at least it sparked my passion for video game collecting.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 10:23:43 PM »

worst one sold my Sega Cd with popful mail, Vay both lunars, Snatchers, Dark Wizards and 5 others all complete for $200 in 1997 and I still haven't gotten all of them back complete Sad that was the wost.  I've passed up a lot of games I wish I didn't but that was the worst Mistake

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 10:25:04 PM »

oo yeah and I guess throwing away all my sega Visions (had complete collection) that made me sad when my mom did that

Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 10:51:42 PM »

Letting my brothers convince me to sell our NES games when we got our 64.  We had like 60 games with the manuals no boxes though.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 11:25:25 PM »

Selling my SegaGenesis collection. Got a good price, but looking back I miss a lot of the games I had. Why can't they make a next gen Road Rash game???

Trading my copy of Marvel vs Capcom 2 in and getting NBA Street 2.  Tongue Best deal was finding Disgaea:Hour of Darkness at a flea market for $10 so that kind of eased the pain. Cool

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 11:56:08 PM »

Trading my copy of Marvel vs Capcom 2 in and getting NBA Street 2.  Tongue Cool

OUCH!!!! That Hurts. LOL
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2006, 12:46:44 AM »

Yeah. At the time I did it, the MvC2 price was dropping. Unfortunately, it recovered and is very hard to find now.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2006, 02:30:56 AM »

oo yeah and I guess throwing away all my sega Visions (had complete collection) that made me sad when my mom did that

Ouch

worst one sold my Sega Cd with popful mail, Vay both lunars, Snatchers, Dark Wizards and 5 others all complete for $200 in 1997 and I still haven't gotten all of them back complete Sad that was the wost.  I've passed up a lot of games I wish I didn't but that was the worst Mistake

Big ouch

Rejinx
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2006, 02:55:46 AM »

Buying a game.com and games for the game.com.  Even for $25 it just ain't worth it.
I think if I throw it away my collection would go up in value. Tongue

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Rejinx[/img]
My Podcast: www.RetroRundown.com
TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 04:13:51 AM »

giving away my nes and tons of games when i got a genesis. and when we got the nes my parents gave away out 2600 and we had like 400 games for it too.

You're my hero. Vanilla Ice RULES! I can't believe that there is another SERIOUS Vanilla Ice fan on this site. The special edition DVD should be called "Cool As Ice: Drop That Zero Edition".
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2006, 05:33:11 AM »

Formally would of been to ever sell my Sega Saturn collection from the 90s. I had like 30 games for it witch was like a lot back then...
Don't regret it in the slightest now though since I came back with a vengeance and pumped a lot of cash into my new Saturn collection and although it took over a year I got every last game I once owned regardless of it's rarity, and then some Grin

So it would then be selling my Sega Nomad, and giving my Dreamcast to my little brothers.
I miss my Nomad, and my former Dreamcast collection is now in shambles, so would have to start from scratch if I wanted to start a DC collection to the same calibre of my Saturn one. So the Nomad wins out though cause of the rarity.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2006, 12:28:22 PM »

I've mentioned this several times, but it still hurts me to my very soul to think about it. 

Back in 2000 I was at a flea market and and saw two games that I wanted to buy, but I only had enough money for one.  My choice was between Evil Dead:  Hail to the King for Dreamcast, and Magic Knight Rayearth for the Saturn.  As I sat thetre looking at the two I thought to myself "Ehhh, I'll probably have more fun with Evil Dead' and bought that.

I played it for about 15 minutes and haven't touched it since.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length