RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 18, 2024, 03:18:16 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Need Help with XBox Issue 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Need Help with XBox Issue  (Read 793 times)
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« on: December 14, 2006, 10:49:21 PM »

I recently bought a used XBox. But it won't recognize XBox games, or DVD's.
It recognizes CD's but it states that it is reading track 1 and it is really reading track 2.  When it is playing track 2 it actually plays track 4 and so on and so on.
Seems that the laser just doesn't point straight up or something.

Hard disk works great. 

So I guess my question is:  Is this just a Disk Drive problem and if I buy a new disk drive will it work fine after that.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Clint
Tan
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 03:54:24 PM »

Hey Clint, it sounds like you've got a bad drive, that problem is fairly common with them especially certain models like the Thomson ones. Here's a good site for reference on Xbox DVD drives:

XBOX DVD Drives

If you do decide to replace it you can get one from eBay or some other such shop and either put it in yourself or have a shop that does mods put in another one, they can either put in a stock drive or a off the shelf PC one. If you do decide to shop for one yourself use that site and familiarize yourself with the differences between the different makers. Samsung ones are the best followed by Philips and lastly Thomson.
There are also Hitachi ones as well but they are fairly recent so haven't really been documented as well as the others for performance and reliability.

Hope this helps.  Cool
Keith

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 06:50:37 PM »

Thanks Keith, the website was very helpful.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 11:44:49 PM »

What you want to do is buy a bottle of aerosol, open up the X-box, put the aerosol inside, close the X-box, douse it in flammable liquid, light it, and head for cover.

Fixes X-box's every time.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length