RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 11:20:05 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Keeping Hardware, Accessories, and Games seperate... 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Keeping Hardware, Accessories, and Games seperate...  (Read 3756 times)
AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2006, 08:26:15 AM »

I do think Ken has a valid point with the demo's as they appear on the full games listings for a certian console and it gives a false number as to the games available on some dead systems. I know it isn't something we should be looking to do short term as we have a lot of sorting to do, but I feel long term we should be looking to categorize them differently. (Nothing as indepth as DP though).
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 12:29:06 PM »

I still think we need to seperate the demos/homebrews Black Perl...no matter if they are too inconsequential.  It's really getting annoying seeing them among full game lists.

Ken

In time in time. There are other bigger things in the work right now.

St0rmTK421
The Black Perl
Director

Stats
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 06:17:21 PM »

I still think we need to seperate the demos/homebrews Black Perl...no matter if they are too inconsequential.  It's really getting annoying seeing them among full game lists.

Ken

Again, I think it comes down to what people consider "real" games.  The staff had a big discussion when we first started adding demos and homebrews and whether or not they should be allowed.  Some people consider them an equal part of their collection, others think they aren't real games.  It really comes down to the collector's preference.

The system is set up so that everything you own is in your "Collection" folder.  If you want to only look at a certain part of someone's collection, you can narrow down your search criteria to only look at software, hardware, only games for one console, etc.  I will probably end up having an option to only show "official" games for those who don't want to count homebrews and demos.  They will still be in the collections, but it will be up to the specific user to view them or not.

We're going to be switching over the collection system to an all-sql system within the coming month, so I'm holding off on making any major changes until we get the new script up.  After that I'll start reworking the organizing games.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 07:26:01 PM by St0rmTK421 » Logged

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
We will always keep it on channel 3!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length