RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 01:21:23 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Keeping Hardware, Accessories, and Games seperate... 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Keeping Hardware, Accessories, and Games seperate...  (Read 3759 times)
Dev1anc3
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« on: December 13, 2006, 05:43:36 PM »

The way it's set up right now, it just kinda throws everything together in your collection. It would be nice if it seperated Games, Hardware, and Accessories, in three different catagories or folders. Then maybe instead of having an "All Collections" link, where everything is just bunched up, and counted together, There could be a "Game Collection" category, "Accessory Collection", and "Hardware Collection" category. Some people on here have enormous accessory collections, but barely collect any consoles or games, and vice versa, but you couldn't tell that the way the "All Collections" page is currently set up...  It would probably be difficult to layout, but it is a thought for the future I guess, and I figured I'd share my lil' brain fart.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 05:50:22 PM by DevIancE » Logged

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 06:27:57 PM »

I was thinking the same thing the other day but haven't had a chance to talk to the Black Perl yet.

St0rmTK421
The Black Perl
Director

Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 07:17:23 PM »

Hum...I'll have to see what I can whip up...

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
We will always keep it on channel 3!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 07:43:59 PM »

I was thinking the same...

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 12:04:15 AM »

I would also like to see the database have seperate categories for Demos and the like.

It's very hard to get an accurate count on how many games are in a certain system with everything else in there.

Ken

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/Mezmoron.png[/img]
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 12:36:48 AM »

I would also like to see the database have seperate categories for Demos and the like.

It's very hard to get an accurate count on how many games are in a certain system with everything else in there.

Ken

I like that idea as well.

AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 03:13:59 AM »

Ken

I like that idea as well.

I third that.
bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 09:19:21 AM »

While people are throwing out ideas.  I seem to see people asking about adding prototypes or Homebrew games every once in a while.  If we do something to give demos their own category we may want to think about including them as well.  I believe the objection in the past was adding them to the list of actual games released, but if they are kept separate why not.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 11:50:05 AM »

I saw no on protos for some time. Homebrews are already in the system. Also what is a "homebrew"? Are teh Gooddeal Sega CD games homebrews?

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2006, 12:08:50 PM »

AFAIK yes they are considered homebrews.
As is Beggar Prince on genesis.

Also i had brought this up long ago in a forum far far away and don't think i was ever really answered.
The original question about hardware being seperate from games that is.

So yea i totally agree with that.

bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2006, 05:59:22 PM »

If I had any homebrews I might have know that.  Huh  In any event it's still worth considering separating them out if something is done for demos.  I guess we would have to define what a homebrew is too.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
St0rmTK421
The Black Perl
Director

Stats
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2006, 07:52:36 PM »

I have something put together to separate software and hardware, demos and homebrews are not a large enough of category to justify separating the system just for those. So the best way to keep track of those are store them in a separate folder.

I'll finish the hardware separation and release it later this week.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
We will always keep it on channel 3!
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006, 12:10:31 AM »

IMO as far as softwarte goes only protos if anything should be seperated.

Seperating demos and homebrews as well would get very tricky and in all reality would be much more of a hassle/waste of time/inconvenience than anything.

Again thats IMO.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2006, 02:41:52 AM »

Seperating demos and homebrews as well would get very tricky and in all reality would be much more of a hassle/waste of time/inconvenience than anything.

Why do you think it would be hard? Demos and homebrews are pretty straight forward.

Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2006, 07:52:36 AM »

I still think we need to seperate the demos/homebrews Black Perl...no matter if they are too inconsequential.  It's really getting annoying seeing them among full game lists.

Ken

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/Mezmoron.png[/img]
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length