RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 17, 2024, 09:36:16 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | i bought a GBA today. 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: i bought a GBA today.  (Read 3248 times)
TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« on: December 10, 2006, 04:25:19 AM »

i bought it for 2 reasons. 1 it was only $20 and came with a wall charger, magnifier, and light. not bad. 2 i saw 'nes classics - zelda ii: the adventure of link'. plus i had to work that day and needed something to bide the time. plus i picked up 'final fantasy tactics' and 'shaman king'. not bad really. i still think the sega game gear is better hands down. next i am going to get a SP and a DS.
tomorrow i am going back to the game crazy store and get the other 'nes classics' games that they have. $6.99 each & buy 2 get 1 free.

You're my hero. Vanilla Ice RULES! I can't believe that there is another SERIOUS Vanilla Ice fan on this site. The special edition DVD should be called "Cool As Ice: Drop That Zero Edition".
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 05:36:28 AM »

I like the Game Gear, but it's a Nomad for me....... I miss my Nomad.  Cry

Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 07:54:04 AM »

i miss the lynx.  yeah, it had mostly bad games, but out of all the handheld systems, it somehow looked the best to me.  if there'd been better support then just first party, it'd have probly done better.  as such, it died very fast.  enjoy your gba, there is lots of good games for it.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Fuyukaze[/img]
[img width=470 height=155]http://gamercards.exophase.com/69469.png[/img]
Ando
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 08:11:10 PM »

Wait, what? A GBA with a wall charger? Elaborate.
TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 08:52:42 PM »

its a piece that fits like the battery cover with connections in it and the charger plugs into that.

I like the Game Gear, but it's a Nomad for me....... I miss my Nomad.  Cry

oh deffinately. game gear is the greatest in my book. but i'll give the others a chance. i have yet to get a nomad. i want one really bad too. but their like $90 Sad

You're my hero. Vanilla Ice RULES! I can't believe that there is another SERIOUS Vanilla Ice fan on this site. The special edition DVD should be called "Cool As Ice: Drop That Zero Edition".
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 02:33:50 AM »

Yeah, Nomads aren't easy to come by and are never cheap. All the more reason I regret selling mine.
The Lynx is really cool in the fact it actually took left handed gamers into consideration. Didn't help me any since I'm right handed, but it's nice of them.

Ando
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 12:03:11 PM »

its a piece that fits like the battery cover with connections in it and the charger plugs into that
Oh. I have something like that, only it's for in-the-car fun. Whee!
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 04:32:33 PM »

GBA is hands down my favorite console/portable, no contest. All the SNES ports, Genesis ports, NES remakes, big name sequels(Metroid 4, Minish Cap, Gunstar Super Heros), and new franchises(Advance Wars, Golden Sun), the GBA is just amazing.

Oh and I absolutely despised FFTA. Pick up Fire Emblem, it is well worth the money.
Rejinx
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2006, 12:55:05 AM »

If were naming what handhelds we like, I got to go with the Wonderswan.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Rejinx[/img]
My Podcast: www.RetroRundown.com
TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2006, 07:49:18 PM »

Oh and I absolutely despised FFTA. Pick up Fire Emblem, it is well worth the money.

got it already. same with golden sun 2, and the 2 boktai games.

the main thing that sold me on buying a gba was that the store i bought it from had a used copy of nes' zelda 2: link. the releasing of the nes classic series is pretty cool.

but still i shall say it again...... THE GAME GEAR IS THE SHIT. BEST HANDHELD HANDS DOWN.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2006, 02:31:51 AM »

I'll admit the TV tuner did make it the handheld system as even the nomad didn't have that. If the Nomad had a working Master Converter and a TV tuner though I'd argue with ya haha.

TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2006, 02:23:53 AM »

i might pick up a nomad this month or next with xmas cash. i have been wanting one for a long time. about how much does it weigh?
i swear that tv tuner for the gg has saved me from boredom so many times. i had to work some full days (10am to 9pm) and there wasnt a tv at work. that fantastic piece of machinery kept we going when there were dry times during the day.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2006, 04:41:12 AM »

It weighs a little bit, but can't tell you if it was more than a GG as I don't have a Nomad anymore Sad
I'm pretty sure it'll be heavier, I mean look at the size of the carts Tongue
It also sucks those batteries down fast, but you can use your normal Genesis power adaptor to power it Grin
It actually looks better with the screen being so much smaller than a TV screen. Some fake transparency effects are actual transparent effects on the Nomad too! It's also lit so playing at night presents no difficulty. The screen is better than the GG with it being a lot more forgiving when it comes to the angle you view it at.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2006, 11:27:31 AM »

I have a Nomad. Cool

It's actually lighter than the Game Gear... until you add batteries. It uses a Genesis/Mega Drive model 2 power adaptor.

I love my Nomad.

The GBA I'm not so keen on. The games are too basic for their price (Up to £25 or sometimes more!) and just don't appeal to me anyway.
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2006, 03:33:17 PM »

I do not understand how they are too basic for their price when they are far an away more advanced than the SNES games. Take Link to the Past for example. They ported it, and even added a multiplayer aspect. They upgraded Final Fantasy IV, V, and VI, created one of the most renowned strategy games, made Castlevania games up to par with Symphony of the Night and Metroid games on par with Super Metroid.

I really fail to see your logic, especially since you are a Nomad fan and many Genesis games have been ported/upgraded to the GBA.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length